Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that sounds good, mushrooms are very valuable with gt as both sapphires and rubies spawn there.
Also witch huts, as once properly set up a witch farm = unlimited redstone/glowstone.
Villages though should be cheap, having to either find a village, live in extreme hills or go to the twilight forest before I can make a tinker table annoys me.
ESP when a the villages within 1000000000 miles of space are
Empty.
Note, may or may not be an exaggeration.

Also jumflight, what connection (I'd any, coincidence) do you have to lambert?
Judging my your signature it suggests he's your father... (Darth Vader breath)[DOUBLEPOST=1368667766][/DOUBLEPOST]It could be a modular powersuits addon?
Someone find out who Andrew is and how to convince him to add this !

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Also jumflight, what connection (I'd any, coincidence) do you have to lambert?
Judging my your signature it suggests he's your father... (Darth Vader breath)
There is no connection. My girlfriend Linda made the signiture he is using as a kinda joke to something Saice said, then afterwards named jump as the kid as he acts like one. Then jump kinda took it as his sig and avvi and won't leave me alone. When I have kids I'd like them to start out as babies and grow up, not start out as annoying teens and stay there >.<

Reactions: Jess887cp

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps one could put it in each mods respective charging station. I'm not sure but I believe KL is implementing some kind of battery (I heard something like this on a DW20 vid but fuck knows if I can find it again)
Aye, he's got a charging station of sorts, I've seen it on a few of Morvy's Forgecraft 1 streams.

[ETA]

I think I've come up with something else for mah mod, elementals. Like, fire elementals and such. Being inspired by Thief, I want to implement its various elemental arrows: moss, fire, gas, and water. Fire would, of course, explode like a ghast fireball. Gas would paralyze mobs for about a minute or two and make them unresponsive unless attacked. Water, I'm thinking, would create a temporary water source block wherever the arrow hits for 3 seconds, long enough to turn lava to cobble/obsidian, put out lights, etc. The moss arrows would cover a 3x3 area, centered on the impact point of the arrow, in moss which would be the same thickness and have similar functionality to snow, except it almost completely muffles the sounds of any footsteps made across it.

Buuuuut, to make them, you'd need elemental crystals, which can only be acquired from said elementals. The crafting recipe for them would be the same as a regular arrow, except the flint will be replaced by the elemental crystals. I -may- have to make a special bow to work with 'em, don't quite know just yet.

Also, rope/vine arrows. Because Thief isn't Thief without rope arrows.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I feel rather stupid now.

But that sounds rather funny.
Wouldn't eternal teenagers (at THe age where lots of money is used but too younge for any/much to be brought in)
Be a "dream come true"? XD

No? Ok then.
Obviously jump feels very proud to be a kid, if he adopted it as his picture and sig.

Ok, back to the idea - see my above post about MPS intergration.

Reactions: jumpfight5

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
There is a station to charge tools and stuff off mj. Currently only for the powersuits if you don't have IC2 installed, or don't want to use it.
Apparently it was promised a while back, but lemming only just got around to it. Muse said shed have made it if he hasn't already promised.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah he said they've(cofh) have year old code they just haven't finished and implemented for things c:

Paraphrasing don't quote me ._.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Elementals, eh? Feels thaumcrafty, and I like it. I'm always weary about adding mobs or generation though, so I feel that they'd have to be super rare, or require a special ritual to summon, similar to the wither. It'd also be nice to be able to bind them to totems, and take on a shaman magic playstyle.

Thaumcraft is like sage wizard magi, needing to keep the world in balance. Ars magica is like pulling the magic from within, rather than from the world. And this would be like taking the magic from others, and using that, sort of like a combination of the two.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica also has reagents and stuff, and also Vinteum and Foci and Nexi and stuff... So in the end there's still the bit about taking magic from the world, especially with the Essence mechanic. It's well balanced between Mana and Essence, while Thaumcraft is full blown natural magic, you don't have any magic yourself, you're just a manipulator of sorts.

Know what would be cool, but hard as balls to add into Minecraft? A familiar based magic system. Like, you have a ton of new mobs, which you have to vanquish/sacrifice to/appeal to/do quests for in order to bind them to you and use their services. Once they're bound to you, though, you can summon them and tap into their ability. They fight at a very reduced fighting ability, and while they are out in the field, you have access to some of their innate abilities. You can also directly tap into their abilities while not summoning them to gain a reduced form of the abilities, but you can do so while having another Familiar out, so when you have multiples, you can mix and match. Or you can consume the familiar entirely to permanently gain access to one new ability which is only obtainable by doing so.

But i think that's next to impossible to do in Minecraft. The AI system is pretty rudimentary, and the amount of coding needed to implement questing and stuff... I shudder. It would be cool as ice, though.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
^
Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking with the totems, but you are right, getting all the AI right would be a pain. I suppose that you could work around it somehow, like using the golem gui, but it would still be a pain. Equipping familiars would be awesome though. I envision it similar to the custom models to MPS, except as a wolf or something.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Elementals, eh? Feels thaumcrafty, and I like it. I'm always weary about adding mobs or generation though, so I feel that they'd have to be super rare, or require a special ritual to summon, similar to the wither. It'd also be nice to be able to bind them to totems, and take on a shaman magic playstyle.

Thaumcraft is like sage wizard magi, needing to keep the world in balance. Ars magica is like pulling the magic from within, rather than from the world. And this would be like taking the magic from others, and using that, sort of like a combination of the two.

Don't worry, I'd make them uncommon and dangerous; not the thing one would face with just a pair of leather boots and a wooden sword, ESPECIALLY the fire elementals. As for a ritual...dunno if that exactly fits into the theme or not. The rituals in Thief, more times than not, are more religious than magical, and it also implies throughout the series that the elemental crystals themselves are a natural phenomenon. Its more like you're taking what's already available around you and putting it to use, much like ores and such already are in Minecraft, as opposed to bringing your resources into being.

I'm thinking of it like this: each chunk has a chance, per hour, to spawn 1-2 elementals of an appropriate type, under otherwise normal hostile mob spawning conditions concerning player proximity. However, they'd only spawn in areas where, for lack of a better term, it'd make sense for them to be in: earth elementals would spawn the most in forest-type biomes, fire elementals would spawn on or near lava or (at a greatly reduced rate) in deserts, air elementals would spawn most on and near plains biomes, and water would spawn most frequently in lake and ocean biomes, while also having a chance to spawn on beaches and such at a reduced rate.

Earth elementals may not have any fancy attacks, but they'll make up for it with good armour, health, and raw damage output alongside knockback. Air elementals have lightning (like ThaumCraft, not vanilla lightning, that'd be too much), fire elementals throw fire charges, and water elementals fire ice shards at you. When slain, each elemental will drop 1-3 elemental crystals of the appropriate element, which will be affected by Looting.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome stuff
That sounds so awesome. If they are thaumy, then they could be flux-influenced too, but that might be weird. Hmm...what about a dull elemental that is rare enough to be compared to a spider jockey? And vis elementals too...the attacks on those two would be hard to figure out though.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Don't worry, I'd make them uncommon and dangerous; not the thing one would face with just a pair of leather boots and a wooden sword, ESPECIALLY the fire elementals...
How about making them a bit like slimes and magma cubes (only not squelchy cubes!) in that they come in different sizes and when you kill the big one it breaks up into smaller ones.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Some things I'd like to see:

Water Lilly flowers - harvest to get a seed, plant in shallow water, grows into lilly pads and further flowers. Seeds can be found in chests. Hate not being able to find lilly pads, and being a plant, you should be able to grow them.

MJ based system that turns animal matter into a fuel - a counter part to the forestry fermenter and bio fuel. Need to do something with all that zombie flesh and beef. I know you can do this with EU and GregTech, but there should be some form of MJ counter part.

MJ based system similar to the IC2 recycler and scrap box. Instead of one type of "scrap" you get a type based on the raw material, and the "scrapbox" results depend on the type of scrap. As a side, the scrap could be cooked into bricks, then crafted into blocks purely for decorative purposes. The scrap is fed into a special block to convert into an item. Purely a power sink, and a bit of fun. The IC2 recycler system has potential for further development, and also "balance".

Themed Villages - now that we have all these different types of wood and brick, it would be nice if the village generation system would randomly pick a wood and a brick for it's generation.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that makes MJ/T machines upgradable to take EU/T

Because i can only really deal with one power system
Electrical engines make a pittance of energy, Minecraft joules are hard to generate and take ages, The only storage for them is those conduit things, And the generation options are limited too
I can have a full fledged ultimate solar farm and not easily be able to power a quarry, Or genetic processing equiptment
without some pain in the ass thing like building half a dozen electric engines, or making a LOT of energy bridges

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome stuff
You do know you have the best ideas on this entire thread...right? :p
Other people have come up with great ones, but you're just consistently...awesome.
There is no connection. My girlfriend Linda made the signiture he is using as a kinda joke to something Saice said, then afterwards named jump as the kid as he acts like one. Then jump kinda took it as his sig and avvi and won't leave me alone. When I have kids I'd like them to start out as babies and grow up, not start out as annoying teens and stay there >.<
Lambert's jealous cause I stole his Irish swaqq. #YOLO
(Until he gets really, really mad at me--characterized by tastefully placed bolds and capslock--I'll probably keep the sig and avi...because Linda said I could :p)
Though I never really bring it up that often since I first put it on, so I don't quite get the part where I don't leave him alone.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Lambert's jealous cause I stole his Irish swaqq. #YOLO
(Until he gets really, really mad at me--characterized by tastefully placed bolds and capslock--I'll probably keep the sig and avi...because Linda said I could :p)
Though I never really bring it up that often since I first put it on, so I don't quite get the part where I don't leave him alone.

lol dude the only part I was pissed at was that you put it as your sig avvi without asking Linda first. Since she gave the go ahead I'm fine with it.
#peopledontknowhenimreallypissedofforjusthavingalaughsadface