Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Wait - you mentioned you had both soul shards and MFR installed?
Wouldn't it have been easier to set up a basic MFR finder hooked up to either a zombie soul shard, or just a regular zombie spawned found in a dungeon, and then use that mob essessence in the mob spawned thing from MFR with a witch in a Safari net? One could even get the original witch from the twilight forest by transformation powdering a Druid. You could then drop the witches a certain number of blocks (enough to one shot them after the fall, but not kill them) and stand tapping the click key at the bottom with the soul shard in your inv. Doesn't seem chesty like the anvil, due to requiring power etc, but a simple build non-the-less.

Nope, I use the DW20 pack, which doesn't have MFR. My mentioning it was just an acknowledgement of the fact that there's several options for when you want to set up a mob farm, and so the block I was suggesting wouldn't be amazingly useful, especially post-early game, as those other options allow for more efficient and convenient designs.

With the exception of witches and firebats, I have a soul shard for every other mob in the game, and I got all of them without using the anvil exploit, so I'd like to keep it that way. That said, I don't know if I will ever get around to getting my witch shard all the way to tier 5, but oh well. I probably won't be in this world for much longer anyway.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
It's when you break your mouse and have to set up some weird shit with a bunch of extra keys, the keybinding settings, and a llama bit of work.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I also never really quote. It's not a talent of mine.
There should be a mod that allows you to like posts in MC.
On another note, a mod that allows you to quote posts.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I also never really quote. It's not a talent of mine.
There should be a mod that allows you to like posts in MC.
On another note, a mod that allows you to quote posts.
because clicking the reply button takes a supreme amount of skill that you just happen to lack, right?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I don't want to add any mods because I'd have to re-add them every time I redownload the pack :(
I guess so long as one of us knows what we're doing with bees...
Not necessarily. I have a method (that involves cut/pasting the mod in question out before I delete the /mods folder)...

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
My girlfriend actually came up with a neat item idea earlier today: a spawner detector. Normally, it doesn't give you the exact location of the nearest mob spawner, just helpful yet vague directions like "the closest spawner is a short distance ahead of you, and is below you." But, with some extra material investments, you can upgrade said detector, with each tier giving ever more specific directions to the nearest mob spawner. At max tier, I was thinking it'd send out little enderman particle effects toward the nearest spawner, as well as specific directions.

Just working off vanilla, I'm thinking the recipes would be something like...

Tier 1: bone, rotting flesh, gunpowder, spider eye, and a slime ball in a diamond shape.
Tier 2: With the Tier 1 detector in the middle, add 4 iron ingots in a diamond around it.
Tier 3: Tier 2 in the middle, with 4 gold in a diamond pattern around it.
Tier 4: Tier 3 in the middle, with 4 diamonds in a diamond pattern around it, along with 4 blaze rods .
Tier 5: Tier 4 + 1 nether star + 1 eye of ender; shapeless recipe.

Whaddya think?

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
My girlfriend actually came up with a neat item idea earlier today: a spawner detector. Normally, it doesn't give you the exact location of the nearest mob spawner, just helpful yet vague directions like "the closest spawner is a short distance ahead of you, and is below you." But, with some extra material investments, you can upgrade said detector, with each tier giving ever more specific directions to the nearest mob spawner. At max tier, I was thinking it'd send out little enderman particle effects toward the nearest spawner, as well as specific directions.

Just working off vanilla, I'm thinking the recipes would be something like...

Tier 1: bone, rotting flesh, gunpowder, spider eye, and a slime ball in a diamond shape.
Tier 2: With the Tier 1 detector in the middle, add 4 iron ingots in a diamond around it.
Tier 3: Tier 2 in the middle, with 4 gold in a diamond pattern around it.
Tier 4: Tier 3 in the middle, with 4 diamonds in a diamond pattern around it, along with 4 blaze rods .
Tier 5: Tier 4 + 1 nether star + 1 eye of ender; shapeless recipe.

Whaddya think?

That's a pretty cool idea. :] It could perhaps be like an Eye of Ender; you throw it and it leads you to the spawner. Of course, you probably wouldn't want it to have a chance of being destroyed if it's going to be that expensive...