Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Man, your mod is some endgame stuff yo.
Haha, only parts of it. It'll have stuff for all the tiers. I want to try and avoid the 3-tier system you see a lot in other mods, like IC2, specially when it comes to power. Each step always seems more like a leap, instead of an actual step, if that makes any sense. I mean, with IC2, you go from regular old, slow machines to the advanced machines which run at blazing fast speeds...to UU-matter. Least, that's how I see it played out most of the time. I want something more gradual, where you can upgrade your system on the fly, and there are fairly easy-to-find levels of power, but each level isn't some gigantic, exponential leap from the one before it. Tis one of the reasons I want to tie into mods like GregTech, IC2, Railcraft, and XyCraft. They all provide elements and materials I can use to achieve -just- that; I have variety to work off of, and variety for development means choices for users!

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
The silly solars (which I like) are a bit very OP. The BC Power system is more balanced, requiring better materials for better power, but the power didn't increase that much, and the amount of materials you needed didn't increase as much.
I don't have anything to say about UE.
Redpower's Blutricity is so realistic! Except there are only three ways of getting power, and only one of them does not need to be outside or take a huge amount of space.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The silly power system in IC2 was very tiered, so I agree. The BC Power system is more balanced, requiring better materials for better power, but the power didn't increase that much, and the amount of materials you needed didn't increase as much.
I don't have anything to say about UE.
Redpower's Blutricity is so realistic! Except there are only three ways of getting power, and only one of them does not need to be outside or take a huge amount of space.
This is minecraft, IC2's may have been illogical from a real world standpoint but it works perfectly well for it's purpose. It's easy to use, easy to understand, and all round just a good power system.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I misspoke then. I will correct.
EDIT: Changed it to talk about OPness of solars. Very small message put down to turn away flame wars.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of power.

You know what we be cool. A multi block power plant mod. Takes more time, matirels, and planing that all the 1 block systems out there and in return gives you better more stable power.

I could get behind something like that. Every time I use any of the generators in game now I fell like I'm whiping out a tiny emgrancy generator (the excpetion being steam biolers).

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Steam Boilers and Nuclear Reactors are the only current multiblock generators that I know of. Oh, there are the Factorization generators.
Xycraft's generators will be multiblock (just like everything else in his mod[almost]).

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Not once you get a bunch and start upgrading. Combined with a Mass Fabricator, you can make a solar factory and basically have infinite items and power.
I love it.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So IC2 solars are OP how exactly? 1EU/t is an extremely small amount of power.

Its not IC2 persay but all the upgraded ones that get out of hand. Mind you 1EU/t for 1 block with no input is still nice when you compare that to the only other free power out there Water which is something like .25 at best or wind which to get a good amount you got to be high up and to high means risking breakage. Or over on RP2 where you need something like 32 thermopiles to get close to that power level.

But still if the plane IC2 1EU/t was the only solar being used I'd proby not have a big issue with it. Its all the advanced and hybirds out there that push Solar into the silly levels of power output.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Not once you get a bunch and start upgrading. Combined with a Mass Fabricator, you can make a solar factory and basically have infinite items and power.
I love it.
Upgrading? So it's not IC2 that is OP at all, you're talking about adv/compact solars. You really need to learn to understand what it is you're saying before clicking Post Reply.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Solar flowers. One does not even need advanced and hybrid to start making this like crazy. Just stick a Batbox/MFE/MFSU every 40 blocks on the Glass Fibre Cable.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
What i'd allways dreamt of makeing was a space mod, a mod that combines all other mods with a end game goal: building a spaceship. Have it bee super expensive and use items from pretty much every mod.
Step 1: build a hull
Step 2: select a propulsion system (ion thrusters, fusion powerd etc)
Step 3: supply it with insane amounts of power (like 1billion eu and 400 million mj)
Step 4: launch
Step 5: land, this is another place you could combine alot of mods. Say have a forestry farm producing oxygen have a air tank MPS modual. Have a buildcraft moon quarry. A Turtle powered asteroid minning ship :p the possibillitys are endless.
I also think there should be new ores and dusts there, like helium-3
I think this would be especially fun on a server having a space race of sorts

Sorry for any spelling error it's hard typing on a phone :p

Reactions: YX33A

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What i'd allways dreamt of makeing was a space mod, a mod that combines all other mods with a end game goal: building a spaceship. Have it bee super expensive and use items from pretty much every mod.
Step 1: build a hull
Step 2: select a propulsion system (ion thrusters, fusion powerd etc)
Step 3: supply it with insane amounts of power (like 1billion eu and 400 million mj)
Step 4: launch
Step 5: land, this is another place you could combine alot of mods. Say have a forestry farm producing oxygen have a air tank MPS modual. Have a buildcraft moon quarry. A Turtle powered asteroid minning ship :p the possibillitys are endless.
I also think there should be new ores and dusts there, like helium-3
I think this would be especially fun on a server having a space race of sorts

Sorry for any spelling error it's hard typing on a phone :p

I'd dig that.

But then again I like Kerbal Space Program