Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Boiling oneself in a pot is not the organic I am thinking of. Nor is something like harvest type mods. Best example I can think of is like Chaostech from D&D.

Dieselpunk would be flippin awesome. "Oh look there is the Rocketeer!"

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I had an idea that the Liquid Ender teleported the Redstone briefly to the end, where it absorbed the dimensional energy of the end, then made heated the glowstone.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds steampunk stuff. but actually Steampunk, not the "steampunk" 10 year old MCF users talk about, like laser robots and aliens. Like, classic Steampunk. Like Steamboy. Something to add cool machines that don't just do things more efficiently or automatically. Something with a lot of machines that require lots of manual work and maintenance. Something that doesn't get infected with the "balance bug" that so many others catch. Something that doesn't require 500 diamonds to start. Something that adds early, mid, and endgame features.

Reactions: YX33A and Jess887cp

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I had an idea that the Liquid Ender teleported the Redstone briefly to the end, where it absorbed the dimensional energy of the end, then made heated the glowstone.
Or they mix to make a cool brownish liquid, gets caught up in the forge dictionary for sludge/poop, and the same new mod will create the poopinator that can turn poop into energy and energy into poop.

Reactions: Chocorate

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that adds steampunk stuff. but actually Steampunk, not the "steampunk" 10 year old MCF users talk about, like laser robots and aliens. Like, classic Steampunk. Like Steamboy. Something to add cool machines that don't just do things more efficiently or automatically. Something with a lot of machines that require lots of manual work and maintenance. Something that doesn't get infected with the "balance bug" that so many others catch. Something that doesn't require 500 diamonds to start. Something that adds early, mid, and endgame features.

I love early game.

Reactions: Chocorate

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

That's basically what I aim to do in mein mod. Been thinking on a way to handle nuclear boilers, actually. We've got IC2 and GT which add uranium, thorium, and plutonium, which I'd think I'd like to have an enrichment machine that processes the raw dusts (or ores) into enriched fissile materials. You -can- use IC2 refined uranium, but I'd like to encourage use of my machine, soooo...enriched uranium would provide more bang for your buck vs refined uranium.

However, to -use- fissile materials to power your boilers, you're gonna need to put in some work. Primary amongst those, lead shielding to keep radiation levels outside the reactor to a minimum. Also, going to need a material that can handle extreme heat and pressure levels...trying to think of how to do it without making it prohibitively expensive.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm, a mod that sometimes drops end asteroids to earth causing massive craters, and then you have a deposit of endstone and end ores!

Then have an iridium sword named excalibur made from the ores in said asteroid.

Then stick that sword in a stone as the new requirement to get to the end.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm, a mod that sometimes drops end asteroids to earth causing massive craters, and then you have a deposit of endstone and end ores!

Then have an iridium sword named excalibur made from the ores in said asteroid.

Then stick that sword in a stone as the new requirement to get to the end.
And to bring that enderstroid to the ground, you have to find/create and then smash a Shadow Orb?
IDK man I'm just thinking out loud.

Reactions: YX33A and Phantom27

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I always try to skip to the middlegame, so even though I don't mind vanilla, earlygame is always aggravating.
I love it. Just because of farming. It's like the foreplay of it. Then I research golems from thaumcraft and it's the best climax ever.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I like this idea. I like this idea a lot. Except for the 'less powerful' aspect.
I included that for.. *ugh* "balance". It would be moving everything back. So instead of having a super cheap fusion reactor with the same high output, you'd have an easier-to-make reactor with a reduced output. The mod wouldn't make everything easy mode, it'd just allow the everyday person to enjoy these cool features.

Reactions: ApSciLiara