Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I forsee SMP wars. Minecraft is now a first person RTS. Actually I think we could re-create Battle for Middle Earth fights like this. Oh god it would be amazing. Use the Hydra as the Mumakil maybe? I don't think MFR has Mo'Creatures support.
...That would be amazing. I already sort of think of hydras as Smaug from the Hobbit.

Also, divineRPG is nice, but I wish there was another MMORPG overhaul mod out there, with a more classic interface. Perhaps even changing the move style, making a better 3rd person camera, etc.

BarningOwls

Jul 29, 2019
I know this may sound trivial, but I think it is something that has been overlooked.

I propose... a mod where the leaf blocks are only semi-solid. Meaning, if you wanted to walk (or fall) through them, you could. Weather it would be slowly (like falling through cobweb) or fast (like sinking in water).

Maybe somewhere in the middle. Maybe the type of leaves would offer more or less cushioning.

It would add a ton of realism to the game. Well, maybe to the trees anyways.

Besides being much more realistic, it would also make exploring, say, the jungle, actually possible. Yeah you could just hike over the leaf blocks, or cut them down, but come on.

And on the practical side, you wouldn't break your legs by falling onto a tree. It would hurt, but just slow you down instead of killing you. Falling onto a leaf block and dying is such a ridiculous experience.

This is something I think Mojang should be doing anyways.

What do you guys think?

It would at least be a nifty little add-on mod.

I wonder what it could be called...

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I know this may sound trivial, but I think it is something that has been overlooked.

I propose... a mod where the leaf blocks are only semi-solid. Meaning, if you wanted to walk (or fall) through them, you could. Weather it would be slowly (like falling through cobweb) or fast (like sinking in water).

Maybe somewhere in the middle. Maybe the type of leaves would offer more or less cushioning.

It would add a ton of realism to the game. Well, maybe to the trees anyways.

Besides being much more realistic, it would also make exploring, say, the jungle, actually possible. Yeah you could just hike over the leaf blocks, or cut them down, but come on.

And on the practical side, you wouldn't break your legs by falling onto a tree. It would hurt, but just slow you down instead of killing you. Falling onto a leaf block and dying is such a ridiculous experience.

This is something I think Mojang should be doing anyways.

What do you guys think?

It would at least be a nifty little add-on mod.

I wonder what it could be called...
Terrafirmacraft leaves :p

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Terrafirmacraft makes me go "bleh." It's cool, and I like hardcore for bragging rights, but that is brutal. Not being able to build houses out of dirt? That's
minecraft tradition that mod's messing with! Sheesh.

I like keeping my tree parkour, but I think that would be anice addition to the 1.6 hay bales, assassin's creed style maps galore.

Reactions: whizzball1

BarningOwls

Jul 29, 2019
" intense sadomasochism that is TFC"? lol. It sounds intense.

So that's the only mod with those kinda leaves? Hmm. Well, Terrafirmacraft... I've never heard of it before. That's right up my alley. I love feeling rustic in MC. I love the biome mods for this reason.

Do you know if either of those mods is compatible with Extra Biomes XL or Biomes-o-Plenty?

I want to go on safari!

But yeah it may seem trivial, but I would love to see it in FTB. I don't think its too intrusive.

(edit)

I just watched the video for Terrafirmacraft. This is wonderful! Apart from the textures. Too bad its not compatible with other mods. It does seem a bit difficult, as well. I like the survivalist aspect. That's why I like the flint tools mod. Flint is wasted in Vanilla. It's like the most basic tool man ever invented.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
" intense sadomasochism that is TFC"? lol. It sounds intense.

Wow! I've never heard of those before. That's right up my alley. I love feeling rustic in MC. I love the biome mods for this reason.

Do you know if either of those mods is compatible with Extra Biomes XL or Biomes-o-Plenty?

I want to go on safari!

But yeah it may seem trivial, but I would love to see it in FTB. I don't think its too intrusive.
TFC changes game so much that either EBXL or BoP feel very weird in combination. It shouldn't be incompatible with them per se, but I just wouldn't install them together. Play TFC for a while and you will understand what I mean, they have launcher available for download on TFC website. It is total conversion, so most other mods don't make sense, people are mostly just using Minimap and Smart Moving, I've also seen addon allowing TC3 to work with it (mainly additional recipes and aspects for items).

Pericus

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see a mod where you can make big ships.
e.g. ferry for trains, boat with a liquid tank, boat to transport a ton of resources. automatic (un)loading.

Reactions: Jess887cp

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I thought we already had something like that? Oh wait, that was the zeppelin mod, from a while back. I remember the Dungeons or whatever+ mod had a pirate ship, and I even think they moved when you were not there (i.e. not in the chunk, or the chunk was unloaded, and the changes could be applied.)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Leaf Mechanics.
That has got to be one of the worst names I had heard of for a mod. It doesn't do the awesomeness of the idea justice.

(guys...I thought he left like 2 days ago)
I would like to see a mod where you can make big ships.
e.g. ferry for trains, boat with a liquid tank, boat to transport a ton of resources. automatic (un)loading.
I can't see anyone using these :eek:
It's a great idea...but...enderchests/endertanks, and MPS make moving resources (and yourself) trivial.
Same reason FTB ultimate is better than any other FTB modpack.

Ultimate.

Also, Jump...
Whauthh!? I don't see posts very well unless you quote me! You're lucky I read through those pages!

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I can't see anyone using these :eek:
It's a great idea...but...enderchests/endertanks, and MPS make moving resources (and yourself) trivial.
Well, you can either design railway systems (or in this case ship system, oceans are sufficiently big), both from technical and visual side and use it as a target in sandbox game, or fly everywhere in MPS. I like building stuff.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Well, you can either design railway systems (or in this case ship system, oceans are sufficiently big), both from technical and visual side and use it as a target in sandbox game, or fly everywhere in MPS. I like building stuff.
I agree. Also the idea of seeing a fleet of ships come through a mystcraft portal to attack someone's house. Breath taking. You could even have underwater turtles at their house setup to place the crystals and make the portal. Would truly be a site to behold. And then be bombed by. This is of course assuming there are fighting ships.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
640px-Ori_Warship_%26_2G_Supergate_02.jpg