Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, chunk-sized boilers. They have to be much more efficient than 1x1x24 boilers (hah, boiler towers) that take up a space of one chunk.
And I think a chunk sized boiler should take a little bit longer than a 3x3x4 boiler ;)
It'll take long enough just gettin the iridium plates for... a lot of boiler sections.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
OOH! I have a great idea!
Crafting tables in the MC world. You have to make your own template and place the items (stone for example) in the correct recipe. Stone would be a 2x2 and would disappear and be replaced with stone bricks.
I got the idea in the "how to create massive amounts of stone" thread. After forming a ton of cobblestone, you can hit it with some wraith fire. Then it's all stone, but you don't have a silk touch! You piston-push the stone into the crafting table and it will turn it into stone brick for you, which you can safely pick up.
Okay, so it's mostly pointless, but you could make it 3-D with 3 sides of template, and make more things, like multiblock structures you can hold as one block.[DOUBLEPOST=1367759268][/DOUBLEPOST]
It'll take long enough just gettin the iridium plates for... a lot of boiler sections.
And a long time finding enough GASEOUS LAVA to fuel it up!

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Ignoring plasma arguement
something something in-world crafting

This would be fun. If it ever becomes possible to automate the gravi/portalgun effect of making blocks drop, it would be awesome for huge factories where the bits literally fall into place. Even more options for it too! Sacrificial altar!

I really like that idea.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Ignoring plasma GASEOUS LAVA arguement

This would be fun. If it ever becomes possible to automate the gravi/portalgun effect of making blocks drop, it would be awesome for huge factories where the bits literally fall into place. Even more options for it too! Sacrificial altar!

I really like that idea.
Thank you, good sir.
no it doesn't
...Uh huh!

Reactions: Jess887cp

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
no it doesn't
Lambert, since when did you have a hat on Ichun's mod? I just saw it in Dire's latest video.
Oh, and Jump: Gaseous Lava does not sound cooler than Plasma. Gaseous Lava sounds... weird. Technically, you shouldn't be able to vapourize Lava. The mantle, one of the hottest places on in earth contains lava in its raw form, magma. Vapourizing Lava would take much, much more extreme heat.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I want a microwave. Just because. Either EU/MJ powered or burning things in it to cook food lasts like 10x longer.

Or a grill along with different types of charcoal and methods to create it that yield variable charcoals that give foods cooked on them different effects. Yes, yes. I might have to get back into java.

Reactions: Jess887cp

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Plasmatic gaseous lava. Errybody happy now?

Actually no, I like magma better. And the thing is still nuclear. Perhaps lava magmatic gaseous la plasmids to start the reaction?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Lambert, since when did you have a hat on Ichun's mod? I just saw it in Dire's latest video.
Oh, and Jump: Gaseous Lava does not sound cooler than Plasma. Gaseous Lava sounds... weird. Technically, you shouldn't be able to vapourize Lava. The mantle, one of the hottest places on in earth contains lava in its raw form, magma. Vapourizing Lava would take much, much more extreme heat.
bout a week now? 2 maybe.

Reactions: whizzball1

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Dear, sweet jesus...you wanna talk flash vapourization... Lightning's an example of plasma, and its temp clocks in at roughly 15,000 Kelvin. For comparison, the hottest average magma is 1,573.15 Kelvin, and that's enough to instantly incinerate people. A plasma boiler would require some incredible tech, along with extreme durability...we're talking GregTech late-game, on that one. Certainly not impossible, but the resources required would be quite prohibitive at any other stage.

[Yes, I am doing the research, lol.]