Mod/Item/Stuff Ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
One of the UE mods (I think it's Mekanism) adds osmium. It's actually surprisingly common!
Too common! I have (or had?) a few stacks and have no idea what it's good for :p

My latest mod idea:
EnderFriends:
Give a few Eyes of Ender to an Enderman to befriend him. Then you can:
* give him a chest and then rightclick him to access it. You can have him follow you around, and even pick up your stuff when you die
* give him a crafting table and teach him to craft stuff
* give him a hoe and stuff to plant
* give him a sword...
* get him to move a mountain, or construct a wall

So basically a mix between golems and turtles. And if Endermen are too tall for your needs you can get Enderbabies...

Reactions: Jess887cp

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be willing to take the credit for GASEOUS LAVA

Gaseous lava would be areosiled rock and metals. Something I would have to say is fairly impossable it would be like trying to airosial glass (which is fairly close to some lava types) which ends up just making superfine faberglass. If you could have the temp high enough to keep it liquid it would not be able to stay airborn even at that temp.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Provided Rav decides to code it and let me help texture :p
I will, its just a matter of having the time...it might take me a bit to get started, since I'm in the closing weeks of my time at my parents' place, and once I move, I'll already be under the stress of moving a thousand miles, attending a pair of summer classes online, and a job. But, once things settle down, I do plan on doing it.

Also, you might have to fight my brother for that, Exedra, lol. I promised him he'd be one of, if not the, graphic designer for any projects requiring one.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Not if you play without gregtech

Guys, should I put easy mode gregtech in my custom pack for myself?

And in my sisters pack?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Too common! I have (or had?) a few stacks and have no idea what it's good for :p

My latest mod idea:
EnderFriends:
* give him a chest and then rightclick him to access it. You can have him follow you around, and even pick up your stuff when you die
* give him a sword...

So basically a mix between golems and turtles. And if Endermen are too tall for your needs you can get Enderbabies...
Enderfriend FRIENDERMAN!!!

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Skitscape once called an Enderman he found: Enderbro.
I don't watch Skitscape anymore, but that might be where you got it.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019

My latest mod idea:
EnderFriends:
* give him a sword...

How this goes for humans:
Steve: Uh oh, it's a Rick!
Rick: IMMA KILL U STEVE!
Steve: It's on! *kills Rick and removes his eyes*
--10 Ricks later--
Steve: Oh, it's a Rick!
Rick: IMMA STILL GONNA KILL U STEVE!
Steve: WAIT! Here are some eyes from your valued family members and friends!
Rick: Oh, in that case, I'll have to do your bidding!

Maybe if there was some mob endermen always fought with, (say they fought blazes), giving them blaze rods would make them be your friend instead. Then there could be this whole backstory about how the endermen and the blazes were once one species and how they tribalized and one group won, stuffing them into boxes and sending them to hell, but only after they ripped their arms and legs off so they kinda just float around.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine blazes as the "worst". I came to that conclusion via the fact they are burning, and have those beards.

Ghasts are people who didn't think they'd go to the Nether.

Wither Skeletons, I haven't thought of yet.

Magma Creams (same.)

And I imagine if Mojang ever implements an "aether" There would be regular pigmen runnin' round.

I have multiple stories for the endermen.

One being the Enderdragons destruction ability releases HUGE amounts of dimensional energy. Sorta like the mentiads in that episode with the Fourth Doctor? Yeah.

Maybe they even cut the End off to the End because they were worried the Enderdragon would ravage the rest of the world even.[DOUBLEPOST=1367812174][/DOUBLEPOST]
Skitscape once called an Enderman he found: Enderbro.
I don't watch Skitscape anymore, but that might be where you got it.

Oh yeah! Skitscape is good.
Also I know why you don't watch him or Fawdz anymore, being you of faith.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Also I don't think Ender pearls are their eyes.

Another theory I have is that Ender Pearls are devices capable of absorbing dimensional energies.

I watch so much Doctor Who.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Friendermen would be cool, and they'd have huge advantages over horses when they come out. At least a cool factor.

I kinda wish there was an End or Nether version of the Tale of Kingdoms mod.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I like trains. -gets run over by a train-

Sent from my phone using black magic
Yo Liara, I heard you like trains, so I put a model railway on the railway so you can play trains while you get run over by trains.

trainception.jpg

TRAINCEPTION!

Hey, how about a train mod... oh wait.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
You know what would be cool, a mod that auto backs up your world every so often, and then you can make a portal to "time travel" back to previous versions of your world. No interaction though.

Reactions: whizzball1