MineTweaker/ModTweaker - A help and suggestions thread.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to fix this:
recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:wooden_shaft>, [<battlegear2:dagger.wood>.onlyDamageAtLeast(5).transformDamage(5), <ore:stickWood>]);

It shows up in NEI but I can't get it to actually show up in crafting

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to fix this:
recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:wooden_shaft>, [<battlegear2:dagger.wood>.onlyDamageAtLeast(5).transformDamage(5), <ore:stickWood>]);

It shows up in NEI but I can't get it to actually show up in crafting
looks like it is saying it will use a dagger with at least 5 damage try this:

recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:wooden_shaft>, [<battlegear2:dagger.wood:*>.transformDamage(5), <ore:stickWood>]);

And if that doesn't work do this:
recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:wooden_shaft>, [<battlegear2:dagger.wood>.transformDamage(5), <ore:stickWood>]);
recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:wooden_shaft>, [<battlegear2:dagger.wood:*>.transformDamage(5), <ore:stickWood>]);

As the :* means it will use any damage

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
looks like it is saying it will use a dagger with at least 5 damage try this:

And if that doesn't work do this:
recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:wooden_shaft>, [<battlegear2:dagger.wood>.transformDamage(5), <ore:stickWood>]);

As the :* means it will use any damage
Ah, I totally forgot about the *, thank you very much, trying now'

EDIT: It worked. Oh and BTW, I used the ".onlyDamageAtLeast(5)" so that it wouldn't work with any knives under 5 durability

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get any errors and it shows in NEI, but I can't get the recipe to actually work

recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:cow_hide> * 2, [<customitems:cow_corpse>.giveBack(<customitems:raw_beef>).giveBack(<minecraft:bone>), <Artifice:item.artifice.sickle.wood:*>.onlyDamageAtLeast(5).transformDamage(5)]);

...Is it even possible for a single slot to give back twice???

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I don't get any errors and it shows in NEI, but I can't get the recipe to actually work

recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:cow_hide> * 2, [<customitems:cow_corpse>.giveBack(<customitems:raw_beef>).giveBack(<minecraft:bone>), <Artifice:item.artifice.sickle.wood:*>.onlyDamageAtLeast(5).transformDamage(5)]);

...Is it even possible for a single slot to give back twice???
It can give back multiple of the same item... unless the item cannot stack. And I think it may be the double giveBack, but I dunno

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
It can give back multiple of the same item... unless the item cannot stack. And I think it may be the double giveBack, but I dunno
So do you have any idea how i'd make is so that it has an output of more items than inputs?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:cow_hide> * 2, [<customitems:cow_corpse>.giveBack(<customitems:raw_beef>), <Artifice:item.artifice.sickle.wood:*>.onlyDamageAtLeast(5).transformDamage(5)).giveBack(<minecraft:bone>]);

Maybe try that if you HAVE to give back the bone and the beef. As I don't think 1 item can give back 2 things.

MarkesOrelies

Jul 29, 2019
It should in theory be possible to giveback 9 items since, the giveback items remain in the 9x9 crafting grid and have to be remove manually afterwards.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It should in theory be possible to giveback 9 items since, the giveback items remain in the 9x9 crafting grid and have to be remove manually afterwards.
Yes, but they would have to be in different slots, because giving back 2 items in the same slot would cause issues

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Used
Code:
recipes.addShapeless(<customitems:cow_hide> * 2, [<customitems:cow_corpse>.giveBack(<customitems:raw_beef>), <Artifice:item.artifice.sickle.wood:*>.onlyDamageAtLeast(5).transformDamage(5).giveBack(<minecraft:bone>)]);

and while it shows in NEI, it doesn't appear in crafting

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe remove the ".onlyDamageAtLeast(5)" why are you even using that?
What that means is that if you have a sickle without 5 damage or more, it won't work. It is a bit stupid

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe remove the ".onlyDamageAtLeast(5)" why are you even using that?
What that means is that if you have a sickle without 5 damage or more, it won't work. It is a bit stupid
Actually, it's the only way to make sure players don't wear their sickle down to 1 durability and then craft with it

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I have a feeling you are now approaching the realms of needing to make a mod, specifically for a crafting system that allows multiple outputs.

Reactions: Yulife

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I have a feeling you are now approaching the realms of needing to make a mod, specifically for a crafting system that allows multiple outputs.
If only you could use .giveback on null slots...

EDIT: I tried removing the damage at least and it worked. So maybe if I made a separate recipe for when there's less that 5 damage I'd be able to get around this wall?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it's the only way to make sure players don't wear their sickle down to 1 durability and then craft with it
Well unless you are going to have this pack out within a month or so, I would say remove it. Why? Because Minetweaker's next update will allow you to do something like:
Recipe1,[<item>,<tool>.transformDamage(5)]
if toolDamage=<4 disable recipe

It will probably be better if that .onlyDamageAtLeast(5) is what is causing the issue

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Well unless you are going to have this pack out within a month or so, I would say remove it. Why? Because Minetweaker's next update will allow you to do something like:
Recipe1,[<item>,<tool>.transformDamage(5)]
if toolDamage=<4 disable recipe

It will probably be better if that .onlyDamageAtLeast(5) is what is causing the issue

I didn't know that, thank you for the info. I guess I'll have to work on temporary recipes for now

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea why these recipes won't work:
http://pastebin.com/sk9WQvQG

BTW, I've checked the oreDict and the new entries work, but I still can't seem to fix the recipes themselves
you're using mods I am not 100% sure on. Is there any possibility that the items are incorrect?

Also are these is the same script? If not that may be your issue. I find that creating a new oreDict entry in one script may not necessarily work in another

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
you're using mods I am not 100% sure on. Is there any possibility that the items are incorrect?

Also are these is the same script? If not that may be your issue. I find that creating a new oreDict entry in one script may not necessarily work in another
They're not in the same script, I'll try porting it over then

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I fixed it, apparently one of the scripts I found online to repair tools was making MineTweaker ignore anything that came after it, here's the script that bugged things up:
http://pastebin.com/PAwpGtwe

It works, and doesn't break anything if it's in its own file

EDIT: Tested it and it only affects anything in the same file as itself