MineTweaker/ModTweaker - A help and suggestions thread.

skullcrusher1005

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I'll give it a shot.[DOUBLEPOST=1413759411][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok that worked. But for some reason I keep getting this error
http://gyazo.com/b68139d4c4af5c1d3c346a21ff3c5cbc (Not the hqm error I know how to fix that)
Heres my code
http://gyazo.com/4102074efb23a54c27bee000b98660d2[DOUBLEPOST=1414105563,1413758367][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey guys, so it has come to my attention that there are people out there who want to get into mod pack development, but have no idea how to use Minetweaker and Modtweaker. So I come to them with this thread. Every few days I will be uploading a new video on Modtweaker (first video will be Minetweaker) and how to use it to add/remove recipes to mods that Modtweaker supports.
Obviously, I am no expert, I didn't write the code, so in my videos I may miss something, or skip over other things (such as NBT tags, I may come back to them at a later date), so if you watch a video and see that I skip over something/miss something, please do comment and say so, also I will say in the videos if I don't know something, and if you watching this know what it is I don't, please do comment either on this thread or the videos with the correct code. Let's try and get some balanced mod packs out there!

Currently covered mods:
Vanilla - Shapeless crafting (add/remove recipes), Shaped crafting (add/remove), Furnace (add/remove), Furnace fuel (add/remove)
Blood Magic - Altar (add/remove recipes), Alchemic Chemistry Set (add/remove), Ritual of Binding (add... and sorta remove)
Ex Nihilo - Sieve (add/remove), Hammer (remove), Crucible (add)

Not uploaded, but covered:
Thermal Expansion: Pulverizer, Indunction Smelter(may not be available), Redstone Furnace
Mekanism: Metallurgic Infuser, Crusher, Osmium Compressor

Planned, but not recorded:
Tinkers' Construct: Drying rack, Smeltery
Thaumcraft: Infusion Crafting, Arcane Worktable, Thaumonomicon Entries - New tab, new page, new research
PneumaticCraft: Pressure Chamber

Suggested mods, not 100% certain on yet:
Whenever you guys ask :)

Videos:
Episode 1 - Minetweaker - Vanilla Stuff
Important notes/extra info:
For the use of damaged items (in the case of the video) do this:
val shears = <minecraft:shears:*>;
recipes.addShapeless(<minecraft:string> * 4,[wool,shears.transformDamage()]);

Episode 2 - Modtweaker - Blood Magic and Ex Nihilo
Important notes/extra info:
Nothing yet

Episode 3 - PneumaticCraft, Tinkers' Construct, Mekanism and Thermal Expansion

Any feedback is greatly appreciated, as I said this is supposed to benefit the community, so if there is anything I missed please do tell me, so I can make sure that people who watch these as their main way of learning understand, know how to do the other stuff I miss.

Just for those wondering why I am doing this:
Some people can't read that well, and text based tutorials, which is what Minetweaker and Modtweaker offer, sometime cannot help those who have difficulty reading, and therefore a video based tutorial can be more helpful.
Also, I find video based tutorials better. This is because I can follow along at my own speed, do as they do, tinker as they tinker, and providing the person doing the tutorial explains things, at least a little bit, it is easy to see where you go wrong.
Another thing I do is tend not to cut out derps in my videos, this is so those who are watching can see troubleshooting in action, as I sometimes spend 10 minutes looking for a blatantly obvious problem, but once you see someone else do find an issue, you will see how they troubleshoot, and maybe do it yourself.

And the final reason as to why I am posting it here. A few people on the FTB forums seem to have issues with Minetweaker, and Modtweaker, so it's a good idea to post the videos where they will see them :)
Wait, is this the 1.7.10 or the 1.6.4 version of Modtweaker?

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I'll give it a shot.[DOUBLEPOST=1413759411][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok that worked. But for some reason I keep getting this error
http://gyazo.com/b68139d4c4af5c1d3c346a21ff3c5cbc (Not the hqm error I know how to fix that)
Heres my code
http://gyazo.com/4102074efb23a54c27bee000b98660d2[DOUBLEPOST=1414105563,1413758367][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait, is this the 1.7.10 or the 1.6.4 version of Modtweaker?
It's for 1.7 :)

As for your issues. On your main script, if you haven't already added it, on line 1 there needs to be a ; at the end

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In the screenshot there already is a ; Unless I misunderstood what you said.
To be honest, with just that snippet, I have absolutely no idea what you are doing. You don't need to do "include enviromine.zs" etc. You just have all the scripts in the scripts folder, and voila, they work

skullcrusher1005

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, with just that snippet, I have absolutely no idea what you are doing. You don't need to do "include enviromine.zs" etc. You just have all the scripts in the scripts folder, and voila, they work
Ah that's what the wiki told me to do I have put them all in the same script but still the recipe works and I don't want it to

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ah that's what the wiki told me to do I have put them all in the same script but still the recipe works and I don't want it to
What recipe?
Is it a vanilla recipe? e.g. Camelpack+water bottle = filled camelpack?
If that is the case do this:
recies.removedShapeless(camelpack,waterbottle);

Subsitute the words for either their values you have set them as, or their IDs

skullcrusher1005

Jul 29, 2019
No I need to remove the smelting recipe for a water bottle from the Thermal Expansion furnace. I have it disabled for the vanilla ones. I did
mods.thermalexpansion.Furnace.removeRecipe(<minecraft:potion:0>);

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, and you see how it says "<number> modifications stuck" thermal expansion machine recipes don't reload very well. And to get them to work, you need to restart the game

skullcrusher1005

Jul 29, 2019
But, that is the right code right? I've reloaded the game plenty of times since I edited the recipe it just doesn't work for some strange reason all it says is "1 Modifications were stuck" thats all it says

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got a new cable for my second monitor (I needed my other monitor so I could verify scripts I was writing) which means videos will be coming again :D
I may only do one every other week now, as I have exhausted the mods I am familiar with (once the next video goes up).

The next video is Thaumcraft, and I will be covering:
Adding recipes for: Infusion altar, Arcane workbench, and the Crucible
And also adding your own research to the thaumonomicon, adding pages for recipes you have created, and how to add your own tab.

Also, I crash a few times in the video (on purpose) to show why Thaumcraft is a little bit more "annoying" to Modtweak :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Video added to OP.
I MAY do more videos, but only if people ask for them now, seeing as the rest of the mods are either easy to understand based on the minetweaker/modtweaker wiki, or I don't know how the mods work, so I will have to learn the mod before doing a video on how to edit stuff :)

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Is the fix for Buildcraft compatibility coming around any time soon? I haven't heard much about this recently.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Minetweaker has buildcraft compatibility. I am pretty sure it works, if you have a script that doesn't work, I'll happily take a look at it :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right. I don't think minetweaker has had an update, but the latest version of buildcraft and minetweaker seem to work together :)

Reactions: Yulife

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Oh right. I don't think minetweaker has had an update, but the latest version of buildcraft and minetweaker seem to work together :)
I shall double check that quickly and edit this post to confirm or not that that is true on my side.

MarkesOrelies

Jul 29, 2019
I would just like to find out where you get all the methods for the mods since you have stuff here from TE and there was talk about IC2, but these commands are not listed on the modtweaker wiki. So is there another place to find these?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I would just like to find out where you get all the methods for the mods since you have stuff here from TE and there was talk about IC2, but these commands are not listed on the modtweaker wiki. So is there another place to find these?
Thermal Expansion is not fully implemented, hence why it isn't shown on the ModTweaker wiki.
IC2 stuff is actually integrated with Minetweaker, not modtweaker: http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/Mods:IC2_Support