Minecraft Darwin Awards 2014

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I've killed myself on my Railcraft test world with automatic steam traps way more than I realistically should.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Oh cool, you can put Hardcore Ender Expansion ender guardians (giant explosion-causing miniboss endermen with 80 health) in a safari net and get their drops!

Oh cool, Dartcraft makes iron golem spawners craftable!

Sticking both of these in the grinder at the same time was not the smartest thing I've ever done. The golems attacked the guardians and the guardians teleported out of the grinder, leading to minibosses everywhere. I had the usual assortment of overpowered gear plus some extras only found in TPPI, but these guys hurt quite a bit even in power armor and teleporting around makes it hard to kill one without aggroing more. Enough essence had built up in the system to spawn what's best described as an army.

This is only an honorable mention though; I survived by mostly just hiding in a corner until someone else swooped in with a Blood Magic energy bazooka and carpetbombed the facility.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Standing on top of my TiCo smeltery, still fairly early game but I finally got my awesome TiCo tools.. I was smelting some ores and my kid called me to the livingroom. "Creepers can't get me up here, I should be okay. BRB Minecraft!" A friendly skeleton decided he wanted to greet me and shot me into the smeltery. My stuff was gone, so I assume it burned up in the smeltery, but it may have just despawned. I wasn't upset about the death, but the inventory loss almost made me ragequit.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Standing on top of my TiCo smeltery, still fairly early game but I finally got my awesome TiCo tools.. I was smelting some ores and my kid called me to the livingroom. "Creepers can't get me up here, I should be okay. BRB Minecraft!" A friendly skeleton decided he wanted to greet me and shot me into the smeltery. My stuff was gone, so I assume it burned up in the smeltery, but it may have just despawned. I wasn't upset about the death, but the inventory loss almost made me ragequit.

Yeah, basic rule, never assume you are safe to AFK. Hitting escape is one keystroke, or if in SMP disconnect is one keystroke plus one click.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, basic rule, never assume you are safe to AFK. Hitting escape is one keystroke, or if in SMP disconnect is one keystroke plus one click.

True. My last stupid death was from AFKing in the nether while waiting for blazes to spawn. I had the place surrounded with grief protection so I assumed I was safe. Then I got distracted and came back an hour later to find that another player had found me and killed me with gravel. I had to log in three times before I was able to type /home fast enough to beat the death screen.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I've had weird smeltery issues, but did you check the controller block? Last time I made glue some leather ended up inside the controller as though it was waiting to be smelted down. Noticed quickly, though, as I was surprised the glue was generating since I had been having issues.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
You guys all have more interesting deaths them me. For me it's all YX33A was killed by a Furious Zombie, or YX33A Blew Up, or YX33A Fell Out Of The World While fighting a Flaming Wither.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
...What happened here?
Made three simple mistakes.
  1. While I was immune to fire, it wasn't super helpful for killing the wither, sadly.
  2. Endstone is explosion Resistant, not explosion Proof.
  3. The Wither explodes when summoned after fully charging.
In short, trying to kill the wither in the end with a single layer of endstone below me and nether plasma venting off didn't get me a nether star.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
I've had weird smeltery issues, but did you check the controller block? Last time I made glue some leather ended up inside the controller as though it was waiting to be smelted down. Noticed quickly, though, as I was surprised the glue was generating since I had been having issues.

I've used it a bunch since, but there wasn't anything in it aside from some leather and bones. No idea where they came from.