Minecraft Darwin Awards 2014

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Built my base in a quarried out chunk. Went AFK while my bees fed me delicious XP. Returned to find a medium slime had hurt me enough to depower my armor, murder me, and for my stuff to despawn. I denied it ever happened by "recovering" from my automatic backup.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Same here only I did it in the End. My brother and I had setup a mystcraft portal location off the main landmass, We returned to bass to arm up to take the dragon so I dropped off my nano suit and jet pack to top off to full. I arm up to tackle the dragon portal, portal through to the end and then jump off the floating island to find that I had grabbed my armor and jetpack but had forgotten to put them on...

Yeah, that happened to me, too. The worst thing about it: I think if I hadn't panicked upon falling, I would have had enough time to just open the inventory and put the jetpack on. But by the time this occured to me, I was already halfway down.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
We were talking about Darwin Awards rite?

Anyway, as you can see, I started a server with my friend and didn't died yet. Level 60 already.
Yeah it's the Darwin Awards! A tongue in cheek "I was so smart for doing this" kind of thing.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a Darwin Award but could have been one ohhh so easily...

So I went searching for the End for the first time and, as usual, I forget to give a damn about what's in my inventory before I set out, so I get there, go to the end, open up my inventory, turns out I'd brought my entire stock of Ender Pearls (about 8 stacks at the time) all of my blaze rods(couple stacks maybe), 12 enderium ingots and half a stack of diamonds... "It's fine, I have my super awesome bow with infinity and power V and flame and all this ridiculously painful shizzle!" "Hmm, why can't I shoot arrows..?" no arrows in my inventory... balls...
So I whack one of the egg things, 5 hearts of damage... no good...
So what do I end up doing? I fly up to Y600 or so (mek jetpack how I love you so!) and start duelling the Ender Bitch in the skies! If I'd died I'd feel hugely stupid, but I won :D first time I ever found and killed the Dragon :D

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
While playing around, I normally have my TiCo pick in the first slot and torches in my last slot to right-click torches to light up caverns while exploring. I also happen to use torches to occasionally clear obnoxious lava source blocks.

Well, I just got done exploring this desert temple and disabling the trap downstairs. However, I had also just run out of torches, so the TNT went into my last slot, since it was currently empty.

Then I tried to clear out a bit of lava by right cli...

ShneekeyTheLost has blown himself up

acker

Jul 29, 2019
While playing around, I normally have my TiCo pick in the first slot and torches in my last slot to right-click torches to light up caverns while exploring. I also happen to use torches to occasionally clear obnoxious lava source blocks.

Well, I just got done exploring this desert temple and disabling the trap downstairs. However, I had also just run out of torches, so the TNT went into my last slot, since it was currently empty.

Then I tried to clear out a bit of lava by right cli...

ShneekeyTheLost has blown himself up

I laughed at you, sorry.

Reactions: PierceSG

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Not really a Darwin Award but just as bad.

Used the quarry to clear out under my base and misscounted by 2 :oops:. It removed my IC2 & TE cables, BC pipes and item ducts & ME cable that were connecting to my machines.
Reminds me of another...Used a filler to clear out a basement, but this was when you had to place glass and bricks. Accidentally made Horizon instead of Clear, and cleared out my whole base since the basement was supposed to be underneath my base. I was wondering what was taking the Filler so long, and when water poured onto me, I swam up and realized it was coming from my infinite water source that I used in the corner. And yes I rage quitted because everything I had was lost besides swimming items.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Another 'meta' example: Built a 'safe' IC2 reactor under my base to supply my AE system. I have built these several times before, the 100 EU 0-chamber reactor. I must have missed something, although for the life of me I cannot figure out what it was, and the darned thing went boom. I didn't die and the house remained in one peace, but the dirt around the house was excavated. As were all my chests. Everywhere. Ya, death by SPF and a burning desire to not have to rebuild everything. At least it gave me an excuse to update.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
So I just started a new server, and a member offered to give me some food to get started. I gave him my cords, and while waiting, an Angry Zombie attacked me. I managed to punch it to death and then morphed into it, for reasons unknown. Then the member who offered to give me food arrived at the location, saw me as an angry zombie, and killed me.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
So I just started a new server, and a member offered to give me some food to get started. I gave him my cords, and while waiting, an Angry Zombie attacked me. I managed to punch it to death and then morphed into it, for reasons unknown. Then the member who offered to give me food arrived at the location, saw me as an angry zombie, and killed me.
You must be using an old version of Morph where you automatically turn into the mob you kill.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
You must be using an old version of Morph where you automatically turn into the mob you kill.

I might be the only one that liked that it did that. What made it better was it glitching every once in a while and turning you into something that you already had the morph for. It made bat form difficult to use. I died so many times because i was forced to kill a skeleton or Mana Elemental and fell into the crowd of zombies that had been following me for the entire night.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I might be the only one that liked that it did that. What made it better was it glitching every once in a while and turning you into something that you already had the morph for. It made bat form difficult to use. I died so many times because i was forced to kill a skeleton or Mana Elemental and fell into the crowd of zombies that had been following me for the entire night.
There is a line in the morph config for you, don't remember what it is exactly but it causes you to automatically change.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
This server I played on, there was a house, protected by a deadly force field.

I died because nobody told me about it and it as invisible, and then almost immediately, around three people died trying to steal my stuff, before an admin came and gave me all of it including their stuff.