Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

Discussion in 'Mod Discussion' started by Aidan, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Mevansuto

Mevansuto Forum Addict

Is this still active?

2. dgdas9

dgdas9 Popular Member

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Well-Known Member

Only if you have a feature request.

4. unpairedbracket

unpairedbracket Active Member

It's been a bit quiet lately with @Aidan busy on the 1.7 update and me off at university, but I'm sure he's still open to new feature requests. If you have one, fire away.

RedBoss likes this.
  5. Nfrance

Nfrance Well-Known Member

Well if this is here I might as well make a suggestion.

Perhaps we could get something that works like an anti war zone, because I know I've always wanted to create bases underwater, but water is annoying to deal with. So it could be like a block that you power and it makes it work that a 11x11 cube of air is created that water can't get in. So once you build your walls you could just take down the block, place it somewhere else, and expand your base more.

6. Omegatron

MFFS or the open blocks sponge can do that.

7. Mevansuto

Mevansuto Forum Addict

Did you ever consider he'd think it'd be cool if Mekanism did that, aswell?

Not_Steve likes this.
  8. Omegatron

Well it seems a bit redundant, especially since openblocks is a very small and common mod.

9. Mevansuto

Mevansuto Forum Addict

Maybe he's interested in the unique way the Mekanism devs would implement it after seeing the high level of innovation that came from the Digital Miner.

RedBoss likes this.
  10. Nfrance

Not a fan pf MFFS, and I know MFFS can do that. As @Mevansuto said I think it would be cool to see how the Mek devs do it.

Padfoote and Mevansuto like this.
  11. RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter Over-Achiever

Hrm...maybe you could have it work like:

• Feed machine blocks like cobblestone, dirt, etc that can be placed, have no tile entities, and aren't affected by physics.
    • Machine creates a cubic area that the player can designate with markers that can be placed anywhere, even underwater, like the XU angel block. (Think BC filler, with a 3D area.)
    • The machine builds a hollow cube in the area, and pumps out fluids into some form of fluid storage, or void pipe.

12. Lonewolf187

Lonewolf187 Active Member

How about a light power armor? Something that provides the protection of Iron armor but is charged with RF?

13. RedBoss

RedBoss Never Leaves

That doesn't seem that far of a stretch with free runners and armored jet packs already in the mod. I do know that the scuba equipment will be getting a lot more use in 1.8.

14. TangentialThreat

TangentialThreat Well-Known Member

Flamethrowers.

Like, really devastating flamethrowers. Panics mobs, instantly destroys leaves and grasses, detonates creepers. Runs on hydrogen or something and has cool sound effects.

15. Nfrance

I will second the want for a flamethrower. And not just "set them on fire and let the fire damage kill them" Make it hurt. Like 2-3 seconds in the way of the flamethrower and even angry zombies die. and make it do more damage to things wearing armour, because metal conducts heat >=)

Plus, it gives a solution to the problem that Mekanism creates which is super armoured zombies

16. RavynousHunter

YES, PLEASE! Mostly because Minecraft could really use a flamer to deal with the occasional god damned zombie army from bloody nowhere.

17. Qazplm601

Qazplm601 Lord of the Tumbleweeds

i use liquid force moats. kills them, and drops their armor at full durability!(100% of the gear the have, armor, swords, ect at 100% durability 100% of the time!) finnaly, a way to turn mek tools to my advantage![DOUBLEPOST=1403543356][/DOUBLEPOST]
    technically, if mekanisim added it, it would be powered by Joules.

Mevansuto likes this.
  18. RavynousHunter

Wait...WHAT?! WHAT?! *shakes Qazplm601* You'd better not be kidding me because that is GLORIOUS! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

19. Qazplm601

Qazplm601 Lord of the Tumbleweeds

the POWER!

20. RedBoss

RedBoss Never Leaves

There a flame wand foci in Thaumcraft. But admittedly it doesn't push the mobs back from my experience.