Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
No...
Capturar232.PNG

unpairedbracket

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a bit quiet lately with @Aidan busy on the 1.7 update and me off at university, but I'm sure he's still open to new feature requests. If you have one, fire away.

Reactions: RedBoss

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Well if this is here I might as well make a suggestion.

Perhaps we could get something that works like an anti war zone, because I know I've always wanted to create bases underwater, but water is annoying to deal with. So it could be like a block that you power and it makes it work that a 11x11 cube of air is created that water can't get in. So once you build your walls you could just take down the block, place it somewhere else, and expand your base more.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Well it seems a bit redundant, especially since openblocks is a very small and common mod.
Maybe he's interested in the unique way the Mekanism devs would implement it after seeing the high level of innovation that came from the Digital Miner.

Reactions: RedBoss

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm...maybe you could have it work like:

• Feed machine blocks like cobblestone, dirt, etc that can be placed, have no tile entities, and aren't affected by physics.
  • Machine creates a cubic area that the player can designate with markers that can be placed anywhere, even underwater, like the XU angel block. (Think BC filler, with a 3D area.)
  • The machine builds a hollow cube in the area, and pumps out fluids into some form of fluid storage, or void pipe.

Lonewolf187

Jul 29, 2019
How about a light power armor? Something that provides the protection of Iron armor but is charged with RF?

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
I will second the want for a flamethrower. And not just "set them on fire and let the fire damage kill them" Make it hurt. Like 2-3 seconds in the way of the flamethrower and even angry zombies die. and make it do more damage to things wearing armour, because metal conducts heat >=)

Plus, it gives a solution to the problem that Mekanism creates which is super armoured zombies

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I will second the want for a flamethrower. And not just "set them on fire and let the fire damage kill them" Make it hurt. Like 2-3 seconds in the way of the flamethrower and even angry zombies die. and make it do more damage to things wearing armour, because metal conducts heat >=)

Plus, it gives a solution to the problem that Mekanism creates which is super armoured zombies
YES, PLEASE! Mostly because Minecraft could really use a flamer to deal with the occasional god damned zombie army from bloody nowhere.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
YES, PLEASE! Mostly because Minecraft could really use a flamer to deal with the occasional god damned zombie army from bloody nowhere.
i use liquid force moats. kills them, and drops their armor at full durability!(100% of the gear the have, armor, swords, ect at 100% durability 100% of the time!) finnaly, a way to turn mek tools to my advantage![DOUBLEPOST=1403543356][/DOUBLEPOST]
How about a light power armor? Something that provides the protection of Iron armor but is charged with RF?
technically, if mekanisim added it, it would be powered by Joules.

Reactions: Mevansuto

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
i use liquid force moats. kills them, and drops their armor at full durability!(100% of the gear the have, armor, swords, ect at 100% durability 100% of the time!) finnaly, a way to turn mek tools to my advantage!
Wait...WHAT?! WHAT?! *shakes Qazplm601* You'd better not be kidding me because that is GLORIOUS! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
There a flame wand foci in Thaumcraft. But admittedly it doesn't push the mobs back from my experience.