Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I have the regular Jetpack, but there is another armored jetpack further down the NEI list for RR EXP.

It appears we are on .246 so when they update next we SHOULD get the newest build.
Unless your on a server and you can't I would just manually update... No new ids were added the newer version is more stable its just better to update

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about the new Ore Processing. Are the shards you get from the 5x times ore processing meant to go straight into the smelter? If so to me it seams that the 5x ore processing is easier than the 4x ore processing because you don't need to make Hydrogen Chloride.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about the new Ore Processing. Are the shards you get from the 5x times ore processing meant to go straight into the smelter? If so to me it seams that the 5x ore processing is easier than the 4x ore processing because you don't need to make Hydrogen Chloride.
They go into another machine first I believe. Purification chamber I think?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
No the 5x crystals have to go through all the steps of 4x so 5x ->chemical injector->purification chamber-> crusher -> enrichment chamber->smelt

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
No the 5x crystals have to go through all the steps of 4x so 5x ->chemical injector->purification chamber-> crusher -> enrichment chamber->smelt

I have the 5x Processing working and with my 5x crystals it lets me just smelt them I can also put them in the crusher & purification chamber. I don't know if this is a bug or intened i am using 6.0.0.246.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I have the 5x Processing working and with my 5x crystals it lets me just smelt them I can also put them in the crusher & purification chamber. I don't know if this is a bug or intened i am using 6.0.0.246.
Not intended behavior

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see a water wheel for a power source. Yes I am talking about these things. Such use to be found in the 'better then wolves' mod but thats long been outdated :/ We have power from heat, air, steam, solar.. lets have some form of water action as another 'low tier' power source.

Reactions: Padfoote

Mr_Turing

Jul 29, 2019
I see an armored Jetpack but I can't craft it.. still a WIP?
The armored jetpack recipe is weirdly registered, press U on the EMPTY normal jetpack to see it. Jetpack needs to be empty to allow crafting too.

edit: this is fixed on 6.0.2.19

Last edited:
Reactions: RedBoss

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
I havent read the entire thread, so maybe this was suggested -- but there should be some way to signal if a EU cube has run out of energy, or is fully charged. I already tried bc gates, and they dont work.

Once I can get a signal that the cube is empty/full I can start/stop other things to recharge or start work.

Reactions: kaovalin

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to have a way to add ingots/dusts to the combiner for use with other mods like TE3's ferros ore. I have a load of ferrors I dont need and it would be handy to convert it to the ore so I could process it for shiny ingots.

Edit: It occurs to me I'm still using 5.7 so if this support has been added, my apologies.

unpairedbracket

Jul 29, 2019
A feature that's been in Mekanism since before I was involved, but that everyone seems to forget about (including me, often) is ComputerCraft support. A LOT of our machines work as peripherals, including Energy Cubes, so you can just stick a modem on there and program away, use redstone signalling, whatever you want.

Would be nice to have some kind of Mekanism-native block-based monitor for things, though, for the less programmatically inclined. Maybe something that could be stuck onto transmitters as well, work similarly to the item-form network monitor and be able to emit redstone signals based on transfer rates or something. On which note, some kind of "information transmitter" could be cool. Something like MFR's rednet, maybe?

doublemintben

Jul 29, 2019
Aidan,

I help run a minecraft server. We have probably a good 10-15 active players right now. We ended up removing IC2 and adding Mekanism. Firstly I want to say that we all love Mekanism very much, but I do have one question, which also seconds as a feature request.

One of the biggest/only complaints I get from my players is that too many aggressive mobs spawn with Mekanism armor and weapons. A lot of times it prevents zombies from dying in the sun and it can cause some difficulties for new players or when we're starting a map out. Now, I love the armor, and I love fighting zombies with the armor once I get to a point where they don't kill me in 2 strikes, but I would prefer if not so many aggressive mobs spawned with armor.

Perhaps I'm missing it, but as far as I know there isn't a config option to control all this. Would it be possible for you to add a config option to either control the percentage or even to just turn off aggressive mobs ability to use your armor? I know this is a question that's asked a lot, and I've been searching around but haven't found a solid answer to it yet.

Either way, thank you for making some splendid mods!

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I get sad every time I'm standing on my chargepad to top up my Atomic Disassembler...because I don't have a fuel station to stand on to charge up my jetpack or scuba mask :(

pretty please? :D

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Thats why I dont use it. It was the same back in 1.4.7. basically invincible obsidian, lapis and glowstone armored zombies killing me constantly. I was told its only one of the modules that do this...

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Thats why I dont use it. It was the same back in 1.4.7. basically invincible obsidian, lapis and glowstone armored zombies killing me constantly. I was told its only one of the modules that do this...
That's the tools module. If you remove it you won't get them anymore

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
That probably includes a a lot of cool stuff though. Next world I gen is going to have difficulty enhancing mods anyway.