Unsupported Magic Farm 2 Version 1.1.1+ Bug Reporting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm
Mod & Version: MF2 2.1.3
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug? Iron/Copper ore berries can be crafted (9x9) directly into an ingot but alu/gold cannot.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

I'm not sure which way this should work, but I can convert 9 iron/copper TiCo ore berries directly into an ingot in a crafting table but I can't with alu/gold berries. They work if I smelt them into nuggets.

Jonathan Letham

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: N/a
Whats the bug? Thaumcraft 'Arcane Alembics' do not work. It appears they are missing the 'funnel'. They do not pour essence into jars. Screenshot provided.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: N/a

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/cQ9uNTf

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm not sure which way this should work, but I can convert 9 iron/copper TiCo ore berries directly into an ingot in a crafting table but I can't with alu/gold berries. They work if I smelt them into nuggets.
The ore berries have Ore Dictionary entries so that they are usable as nuggets, so you can craft them into an ingot. Gold Nuggets are vanilla items, though, and thus have no ore dictionary entry. Not sure about aluminium, that's always been a bit messed up with useless Raw Aluminium clogging things up.

Sam Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about that Phil, as when you look at the berries in NEI it shows the gold berries (at least, not sure about the alu) as being in the ore dictionary and being equivalent to nuggets.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand this one.

> MAJOR EXPLOIT FOUND
> you can "repair" potion flasks from Blood Magic using the blacksmith's anvil from Mariculture, thus recharging them
> a potion flask is good for 8 uses, and can have insane effects
> on the server right now i have one that grants Regeneration IV for 53 seconds
> I can take a swig, take advantage of the effect, then "repair" it at a mariculture Blacksmith's Anvil for a pittance of experience
> That is HUGE

From skype ... I'll see if I can get them to give more details.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2.1.2
Mod & Version: Iguana tweaks tinker's construct
Whats the bug?
Thaumium Modifier exploit.I tested this with hammer only and I'm pretty sure it can be done with other tools.What i did is...i made a hammer entirely of alumite....then replaced with thaumium tough rod...now i got 1 extra modifier....then i replaced it with alumite tough rod...no change in modifier (ie the modifier added by thaumium stayed)....then i again added a thaumium tough rod....now got 2 extra modifier....etc
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

This is not a bug. You should notice that you cannot remove a thaumium (or paper) part unless you have an empty modifer slot.

Well... phooey. I'll play with that some more and see what I can figure out. For now I'd say remove the AE.cfg inside the minetweaker config folder.

That will break your recipies, anything that loads after that .cfg won't load any more. Instead, add a # in front of the include "AE.cfg"; in the main.cfg file of minetweaker. It will skip the AE.cfg and still load any recipe files after.

Lightwave

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so, clarification on the potion thing:
Blood Magic adds in potion flasks, which are good for 8 swigs.
Adding effects is semi-difficult.
Potions may have multiple effects (as you add more, there is a greater chance of failing and exploding).
You may then increase the strength or duration of these effects far beyond what vanilla would allow (for example my one that grants Regeneration IV for 53 seconds).
Some of the items involved are difficult and complicated to make.

Normally, once depleted, the only way to recharge the flask is to craft it with Nether Wart, Glowstone Dust, and Redstone Dust.
This clears the effects added to the flask, and you have to remake it.

The Blacksmith's anvil from Mariculture allows you to repair the flasks for a bit of durability from a Hammer and a small amount of XP, adding extra uses at very low cost.
Due to the potential power of the Flasks (that Regen IV potion I mentioned enables me to fully fill a regular blood altar with each use), I would consider this a cross-mod exploit.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
This is not a bug. You should notice that you cannot remove a thaumium (or paper) part unless you have an empty modifer slot.

You need a modifier to remove thaumium...but that modifier don't get used up....it stays....I made a 30 second video of the exploit....notice the modifiers increasing

If you say its not a bug....then you can have unlimited number of modifiers.

Last edited:

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion
Whats the bug? Cyclic Assembler from Thermal Expansion is not allowing to create schematic.When i try to place items in schematic,items fall out,they do not appear in the recipe grid.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:disable NEI by pressing 'o' (found this on google)

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
That will break your recipies, anything that loads after that .cfg won't load any more. Instead, add a # in front of the include "AE.cfg"; in the main.cfg file of minetweaker. It will skip the AE.cfg and still load any recipe files after.

AE is the last config to be loaded.

Reactions: Eyamaz

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clarify, the flasks being repairable is on ways end. Since he didn't set them to not be able to be repaired. I sent him a pull request to fix it on his end. The Ars Repairer can probably repair the flasks too.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
You need a modifier to remove thaumium...but that modifier don't get used up....it stays....I made a 30 second video of the exploit....notice the modifiers increasing

Ok. That, is a bug...

Reactions: rgk007

Esperologist

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm (recommended version [if it wants to download, I let it])
Mod & Version: TConstruct_mc1.6.4_1.5.2.6
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/Px3kpwYv
Whats the bug? Created Drawbridge and Advanced Drawbridge, used both horizontally with single block type fine - single switch to activate simultaneously. Gave advanced version a mix of blocks then broke it to move testing location, received two Advanced Drawbridge - one occupied by appropriate contents and other empty. Set up the Drawbridge and both Advanced drawbridges, gave the 'duplicate' one a mix of blocks, set all three to deploy upward. Activated all with single switch and server crashed.
Can it be repeated? All attempts to restart the server result in a crash. If that is invalid, let me know and I will go do some single-player testing.
Known Fix: Time for a new map on my server, we didn't know what to do next anyway... and I was almost ready to mine Cobalt for my first time ever.

Myriadmike

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 (2.1.3)

New Fluix dust recipe does not work, however if you put in the old recipe and click the blank space you get 2 Fluix dust

New Recipe for ME cable does not work at all.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log:Using full copper mattock: http://pastebin.com/5y4RUjxU
Using full Alumite mattock: http://pastebin.com/N8CT6HZ6
Whats the bug? I made a full copper Mattock and a full alumite mattock....then i tried to replace with slime tool rod...game crashed.Tried this using tool station and also crafting grid.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log:Using full copper mattock: http://pastebin.com/5y4RUjxU
Using full Alumite mattock: http://pastebin.com/N8CT6HZ6
Whats the bug? I made a full copper Mattock and a full alumite mattock....then i tried to replace with slime tool rod...game crashed.Tried this using tool station and also crafting grid.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

Known bug. Its actually in the in game book on Magic Farm as one of the known bugs.[DOUBLEPOST=1393369958][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 (2.1.3)

New Fluix dust recipe does not work, however if you put in the old recipe and click the blank space you get 2 Fluix dust

New Recipe for ME cable does not work at all.

Working on that.[DOUBLEPOST=1393370028][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whats the bug? Iron/Copper ore berries can be crafted (9x9) directly into an ingot but alu/gold cannot.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

Intentional. Iron and gold don't have ore dictionary recipes so they have to be smelted.[DOUBLEPOST=1393370045][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion
Whats the bug? Cyclic Assembler from Thermal Expansion is not allowing to create schematic.When i try to place items in schematic,items fall out,they do not appear in the recipe grid.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:disable NEI by pressing 'o' (found this on google)

Known NEI bug.[DOUBLEPOST=1393370090][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whats the bug?
Battle axe "XP" remains at 00....not gaining any XP for killing mobs. Tested with Full iron and cobalt Axe
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix:

Known bug. Mentioned in in game book.[DOUBLEPOST=1393370141][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2.1.3
Mod & Version:Extra Utilities
Whats the bug? can't use the ender quarry because it doesnt recognize the fancy fences fence as a valid quarry boundary
Can it be repeated?
Known Fix:unknown

The Extra Utilities fences in the forge microblocks work. Use those. In the nether pick one of the materials that doesn't burn <.< .. trust me on that part.[DOUBLEPOST=1393370192][/DOUBLEPOST]
Reported by my friends on skype:
Aquatic backpack fails to keep the fish alive.
> well, i would like to make it known that the aquatic backpack is not working properly
> and most of my fish just died
> It took what i gave it, and when i closed my inventory, it ejected it all
> fish in item form have a very limited lifespan out of water

umm @joshie ?

Reactions: rgk007

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

I have been unable to find a way to prevent this, I can't remove the recipes since it uses non-vanilla crafting. So this will probably be up to the self control of the player.

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
I have been unable to find a way to prevent this, I can't remove the recipes since it uses non-vanilla crafting. So this will probably be up to the self control of the player.

Maybe iguana_man can fix it in his next update.....he said "I'm about 50% of the way to releasing a new version"...so he can fix this bug in his next release.I posted the issue in minecraftforum so he might see it.....

Terratoast

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2.1.4
Mod & Version: MineFactory Reloaded

Exploit: BioFuel Generator will accept any fluid from fluiducts, and not just biofuel. It will generate power regardless of what liquid you send, even water. I'm skeptical that this is intended, but I also think it's unlikely that such a large exploit has remained mostly unknown (I checked to see if it was present in 2.1.3 and 2.1.2 and it was). Can anyone else confirm/deny this exploit just to make sure it's not just a messed up config file?

Status
Not open for further replies.