Unsupported Magic Farm 2 Version 1.1.1+ Bug Reporting Thread

• This section is closed. Please do bug reports over at the FTB GitHub repos.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2.1.4
Mod & Version: MineFactory Reloaded

Exploit: BioFuel Generator will accept any fluid from fluiducts, and not just biofuel. It will generate power regardless of what liquid you send, even water. I'm skeptical that this is intended, but I also think it's unlikely that such a large exploit has remained mostly unknown (I checked to see if it was present in 2.1.3 and 2.1.2 and it was). Can anyone else confirm/deny this exploit just to make sure it's not just a messed up config file?

Known bug. Fixed in MFR beta.

Jonathan Letham

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2
Mod & Version: 2.1.5
Pastebin link to crash log: N/a
Whats the bug? Crafting 9 knowledge fragments into a research note no longer allows the user to research the respective note on the research table.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: N/a

rgk007

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 - 2.1.5
Mod & Version: Minefactory Reloaded
Whats the bug? MFR Auto anvil when used to combine two Haste1 books gives Haste1 back instead of Haste2....also two Haste2 books gives back Haste2 instead of Haste3.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: Vanilla Anvil

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? Crafting 9 knowledge fragments into a research note no longer allows the user to research the respective note on the research table.
Can it be repeated? Yes
Known Fix: N/a

the knowledge fragments are next to useless in 4.1

Sam Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Mariculture
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/TsHBSJ7x
Whats the bug? Placed a 2 high mariculture Crucible Furnace on top of a tesseract which was supplying lava. Insta-crash of the server. Won't restart now. :-(
Can it be repeated? Yes, easily repeatable in single player. Place down a tesseract, stick the first Crucible Furnace block on top of it, place the second crucible furnace block on top of that, crash in about 2 seconds.
Known Fix:

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: Mariculture
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/TsHBSJ7x
Whats the bug? Placed a 2 high mariculture Crucible Furnace on top of a tesseract which was supplying lava. Insta-crash of the server. Won't restart now. :-(
Can it be repeated? Yes, easily repeatable in single player. Place down a tesseract, stick the first Crucible Furnace block on top of it, place the second crucible furnace block on top of that, crash in about 2 seconds.
Known Fix:

Umm @joshie

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
What I want to know is why the hell you would place a tesseract under a Crucible Furnace. Only normal tanks should ever be need to be placed under them. What's annoying about this particular crash, is that it implies, that while the tesseract has a tank, it's not returning it. So just checking if the tanks it returns are null, and if tanks it would return have no fluid is apparently not enough... I'd expect that if it had no tanks you'd return null, rather than an empty array of tanks.

I've come in to so many crashes with TE that I haven't seen from anywhere else... Placing a TE tank next to my sluice, causes a crash, because of the way it handles the sidedness. One second something exists, another it's null. Also fluiducts on the bottom of crucible furnaces cause a 'lucky' crash, if you get lucky in that it detects liquid one second, then the next it's magically gone. (Though I blame this on users, as you shouldn't really be sticking them on the bottom). TE just keeps 'skipping' or changing stuff once it's past my checks. Guess I have to add checks every time, I wanna do anything. I will fix these quirks when dealing with TE of course in time, it's just annoying :p.

Sam Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
Well it seemed like a good idea at the time! Furnace needs lava, tesseract has lava... Mr Furnace meet Mr tesseract ... Boom! :-/

;-)

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I understand that, but I believe the tesseract acts more like a pipe :p. As in, it would put the lava inside of the crucible furnace, rather than it being accessible by the crucible furnace. So when I fix this, it won't work, but won't crash either :p

Sam Cooper

Jul 29, 2019
That would be great, thanks. If you would like me to test it in my world in case I've done something else stupid just send me a message.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I understand that, but I believe the tesseract acts more like a pipe :p. As in, it would put the lava inside of the crucible furnace, rather than it being accessible by the crucible furnace. So when I fix this, it won't work, but won't crash either :p

From my understanding yes, the tesseract is a pipe looking for a valid fluid inventory...

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
What I want to know is why the hell you would place a tesseract under a Crucible Furnace. Only normal tanks should ever be need to be placed under them. What's annoying about this particular crash, is that it implies, that while the tesseract has a tank, it's not returning it. So just checking if the tanks it returns are null, and if tanks it would return have no fluid is apparently not enough... I'd expect that if it had no tanks you'd return null, rather than an empty array of tanks.

I've come in to so many crashes with TE that I haven't seen from anywhere else... Placing a TE tank next to my sluice, causes a crash, because of the way it handles the sidedness. One second something exists, another it's null. Also fluiducts on the bottom of crucible furnaces cause a 'lucky' crash, if you get lucky in that it detects liquid one second, then the next it's magically gone. (Though I blame this on users, as you shouldn't really be sticking them on the bottom). TE just keeps 'skipping' or changing stuff once it's past my checks. Guess I have to add checks every time, I wanna do anything. I will fix these quirks when dealing with TE of course in time, it's just annoying :p.

Oh btw combining your sluice with the openblocks tank = infinite source blocks of lava or any other fluid.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Oh btw combining your sluice with the openblocks tank = infinite source blocks of lava or any other fluid.

The whole sluice is so crashy atm, 1.1.4 used to be bad, but I'd fixed all the holes, I guess my rewrite of it, opened them all up again. (.....stops typing and checks ingame.....)
Hmm, apparently you get that same behaviour with Tinkers Seared tanks too. It seems to work properly with TE machines and my stuff though. Wonder what the difference is between the ways we are all handling it...

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
The whole sluice is so crashy atm, 1.1.4 used to be bad, but I'd fixed all the holes, I guess my rewrite of it, opened them all up again. (.....stops typing and checks ingame.....)
Hmm, apparently you get that same behaviour with Tinkers Seared tanks too. It seems to work properly with TE machines and my stuff though. Wonder what the difference is between the ways we are all handling it...

Oh whoops my bad.. it was the seared tank not the open blocks tank... its mildly distressing <.< ... free fuel :(

but the sluice is so pretty.

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
It should be draining like normal... since everything else behaves properly, I guess I'll blacklist the seared tank or something, if I can't workout what's going on......
(checks) Hmm, it looks like they are returning null for one drain method but not the other..., So it's checking whether it can drain '1000mB' or whatever the number is for the lava and suceeds, but when it goes to actually drain it, it fails since the other drain method is doing nothing. Maybe I should stick to using only one method then. The reason this isn't an issue with other tanks is most people just call the other method, when the other is called rather than returning null. My fault for asuming everyone did that.

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
It should be draining like normal... since everything else behaves properly, I guess I'll blacklist the seared tank or something, if I can't workout what's going on......
(checks) Hmm, it looks like they are returning null for one drain method but not the other..., So it's checking whether it can drain '1000mB' or whatever the number is for the lava and suceeds, but when it goes to actually drain it, it fails since the other drain method is doing nothing. Maybe I should stick to using only one method then. The reason this isn't an issue with other tanks is most people just call the other method, when the other is called rather than returning null. My fault for asuming everyone did that.

Probably has something to do with the smeltery code.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 2 v2.1.2
Mod & Version: Thermal Expansion 3.0.0.2 or Hunger Overhaul 1.6.X-2l-build4
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash.
Whats the bug? Lettuce placed in the Machinist's Workbench sometimes shows up as a Tomato. The first time I palced it in, no problem. After that, "tomato, tomato, tomato". No matter how you pronounce it, it sounds nothing like "lettuce".
Can it be repeated?
Yes
Known Fix:
This is still happening. Everything was going fine as I added items to the recipe grid and then placed the items in the inventory, until the last item - I put lettuce in the grid, and then when I palced the lettuce in the inventory, the tomato in the grid turned into a lettuce. When I take the lettuces out of the inventory, both veggies in the crafting grid turn into tomatoes.

If I set up the recipe and write it to a schemaitic before I place the veggies in the inventory, and then transfer the schematic to a Cyclic Assembler, then as soon as I place the items in the inventory with tomatoes but no lettuce, it destroys one of each ingredient plus two tomatoes, and vice versa.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
This is still happening. Everything was going fine as I added items to the recipe grid and then placed the items in the inventory, until the last item - I put lettuce in the grid, and then when I palced the lettuce in the inventory, the tomato in the grid turned into a lettuce. When I take the lettuces out of the inventory, both veggies in the crafting grid turn into tomatoes.

If I set up the recipe and write it to a schemaitic before I place the veggies in the inventory, and then transfer the schematic to a Cyclic Assembler, then as soon as I place the items in the inventory with tomatoes but no lettuce, it destroys one of each ingredient plus two tomatoes, and vice versa.

It seems to have something to do with them both being ore dict as listAllveggies.

Birello

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin link to crash log: no crash
Whats the bug?: 4xgravel into flint doesn't work anymore.
Can it be repeated?: sure
Known Fix: :-(

Let's check.
IguanaTweaks
other {
# Adds a shapeless recipe to get flint from 4 gravel blocks
B:addFlintRecipe=true

Yes but there is a gravel bricks recipe form ExtraUtilities crafted from 4xgravel.

But Jaded fixed this via minetweaker:

recipes.remove(<2520>);
recipes.remove(<2523:6>);
recipes.addShaped(<2520>, [[<2523:1>, <264>, <2523:1>], [<327>, <381>, <326>], [<2523:1>, <20271>, <2523:1>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<2523:6>, [[tile.gravel, tile.gravel, tile.gravel], [tile.gravel, tile.gravel, tile.gravel], [null, null, null]]);

Doesn't work for some reason
lQDDcNp.png

GdP0YC9.png

zMineTweaker-1.6.4-2.3.1

I tried to fix this like this:
recipes.addShapeless(<318>, [tile.gravel]);
Also doesn't work. Am I derping hard or there is some mod can conflict?

added mods
twilightforest-1.20.3
Translocator 1.1.0.15
NaturalAbsorption 1.1
Mutant_Creatures_v1.4.4
mapwriter-2.0.16
LuckyBlock_v4.2.1
Hats2.1.4
FpsPlus1.6.4_v2

disabled mods
Fancy Fences
Growthcraft-apples
Growthcraft-bamboo
Growthcraft-grapes
Growthcraft-hops

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
If you remove a mod that has an item used in a recipe or recipes redone, it will break many other recipes. This is why BnB and MF2 don't support disabling mods.

Edit:phone quote fail...

Status
Not open for further replies.