Unsupported Magic Farm : 1.6.4 Bug Reports {PUBLIC BETA}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Warning: Magic Farm is a 75-85% conversion pack this thread here has a lot of information about the changes. Many of the mods work differently then you are used to. Specifically Tinker's Construct and the hunger system are wildly different. Read that thread prior to assuming something is broken.

WARNING : This pack is a Public Beta with any luck nothing major will change in the next 3 weeks. ID's should be stable. However it is completely possible that something could go horrible wrong you may find a catastrophic bug the test team missed and you might lose a few things. Projected time to full release status - 3 weeks.

Please note we cant fix a lot of the issues just report them here so we can fix them in future.

Be sure to send the FTB console log not the minecraft crash report

Format:

Mod Pack: Magic Farm
Mod & Version:
Pastebin link to crash log:
Whats the bug?
Can it be repeated?
Known Fix:

New rule for this thread. If you post a bug that's already known and it doesn't provide any more new useful information it will be deleted. Posts that provide no useful information may also be deleted.

If you post a bug or problem already mentioned here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/important-update-news-read-before-updating-any-pack.36499/

We will delete it. Read the warning thread before posting bug reports.

Follow the format in the first post and check to see if your bug is known before posting. If your post vanishes its already known or not a bug or didn't include enough info.

"I has a bug"

"xyz mod is broken"

"it crashes" -- with no crash report

the above do not qualify as bug reports and will be terminated on sight.

Known Issues:

On rare occasion bonemealing Harvestcraft plants crashes the client.. not frequently enough to figure out why. -- SHould be fixed

Important note in 1.6 - flint can be crafted from 4 gravel in any pattern other then square

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101137403/2013-12-13_16.38.29.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101137403/2013-12-13_16.38.34.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101137403/2013-12-13_16.38.37.png

a square of 4 gravel makes gravel bricks.

IF playing with Railcraft enabled manually update to Thermal Expansion 11b from here http://direct.teamcofh.com/index.php?page=downloads there is a known world corruption possibility when playing with both mods installed prior to 11b of TE.

Important: I messed up and in DW20,FTBLite2, and Magic Farm 2 I managed to use different ID's for the ITEM version of conduits and ducts. This conflicts with the universal configs and adds issues when people add specific mods to those 3 packs. This is my fault and not the mod author's.

The 1.1.0 Magic Farm 2 and the 1.1.0 FTB Lite 2 update will change the ID of the ITEM version to the correct ID for the universal configs. NOTHING PLACED IN WORLD WILL BE AFFECTED. This will only affect conduits and ducts held in inventory.

DW20 will not be updated until he lets me know he is aware of the change. But as of version 1.0.8 DW20 will also have ducts/conduits in inventory vanish.

Assuming no other bugs are found these versions of FTB Lite 2 and Magic Farm 2 will become the recommended STABLE release versions.

Last edited:

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I will find a bug. Once it's available. This is a placeholder for the bug I am determined to find.
(Note as Tech Support, I inexplicably can never find any bugs at all)

Mod & Version:
Whats the bug?
Can it be repeated?
Known Fix:

Can I just ask something of people before people post bug reports?
Please make sure you've updated your Java and Launcher. Try deleting the mod pack and force updating the launcher in the Options tab.

If after that you are still having trouble, then you might just have an actual bug ;)

Reactions: Jadedcat

fatherjimbo

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm -- Use a wooden shovel (only craftable wood tool). Plae the 4 gravel blocks in any patterns except square to craft flint.
Mod & Version: Magic Farm 1.0.0
Pastebin link to crash log: No crash
Whats the bug? See below
Can it be repeated? Yep
Known Fix: Cheat in flint?

Seems to be an ID conflict. Kind of a big one. You are supposed to be able to make flint by putting 4 gravel in a crafting table in a square according to NEI. This actually makes a "gravel brick".

Also, flint doesn't seem to drop from gravel. This makes it nearly impossible to get the flint tools to start the tier progression as far as I can tell.

Edit: I gave myself some flint and you can get flint from gravel using a flint shovel. I wasn't successful at getting it with a bare hard tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Well, not sure whether to put this in the Launcher bug section or here but since it's currently Magic Farm specific, I'll do it here.

Mod Pack: Magic Farm -- Fixed
Mod & Version: Magic Farm 1.0.0 Description
Pastebin link to crash log: No Pastebin but here's a pretty picture!
icogfde.png
Whats the bug? The description shows up as one giant paraghraph of a mess.
Can it be repeated? Everytime
Known Fix: None atm.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? See below
Can it be repeated? Yep

Seems to be an ID conflict. Kind of a big one. You are supposed to be able to make flint by putting 4 gravel in a crafting table in a square according to NEI. This actually makes a "gravel brick".

Also, flint doesn't seem to drop from gravel. This makes it nearly impossible to get the flint tools to start the tier progression as far as I can tell.

Edit: I gave myself some flint and you can get flint from gravel using a flint shovel. I wasn't successful at getting it with a bare hard tho.

Hmm this is probably a new thing in one of the mod updates. I'll take a look. Bone beginning tools are also on.[DOUBLEPOST=1386959192][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, not sure whether to put this in the Launcher bug section or here but since it's currently Magic Farm specific, I'll do it here.

Mod & Version: Magic Farm 1.0.0 Description
Pastebin link to crash log: No Pastebin but here's a pretty picture!
icogfde.png
Whats the bug? The description shows up as one giant paraghraph of a mess.
Can it be repeated? Everytime
Known Fix: None atm.

*sobs* ... we'll figure it out.

ragnia1980

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm -- Fixed
Mod & Version:
Whats the bug? if you click the download server button in the launcher all it does is take me to the creeperrepo.net page with no visible dl link
Can it be repeated? yep everytime I click
Known Fix:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version:
Whats the bug? if you click the download server button in the launcher all it does is take me to the creeperrepo.net page with no visible dl link
Can it be repeated? yep everytime I click
Known Fix:

Looking into this.

Slow says this should be fixed...

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the bug? See below
Can it be repeated? Yep

Important note in 1.6 - flint can be crafted from 4 gravel in any pattern other then square

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101137403/2013-12-13_16.38.29.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101137403/2013-12-13_16.38.34.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101137403/2013-12-13_16.38.37.png

a square of 4 gravel makes gravel bricks.

Snorave

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Magic Farm 1.0.2 -- Gremlin. Cannot duplicate
Mod & Version: --
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/ccnGvrPW
Whats the bug?: I looked to my right after creating a new world, and it crashed.
Can it be repeated?: Not yet at least, I've been trying to.
Known Fix: --

hateas

Jul 29, 2019
My pc's internet is down and offline mode will not work, noticed the lack of a bin file and all files in inst mods are nonexistent. Need a fix or direct download for me to transfer from my phone. Happening in all 1.6.4 modpacks

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
My pc's internet is down and offline mode will not work, noticed the lack of a bin file and all files in inst mods are nonexistent. Need a fix or direct download for me to transfer from my phone.

You will need to wait till your internet is back up.

Reactions: Ashzification
Status
Not open for further replies.