Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neythi

Jul 29, 2019
Can I disable damage from meteors? Their damage is very bad..

In config (core.conf) is only:
# Set to false to stop meteors from breaking blocks on contact.
B:"Meteor Block Damage Enabled"=false
}
But I have very big damage from meteros.

ShadowHawk707

Nov 20, 2014
I just want to say that I really like this pack because it offers something different to the other HQM packs. Instead of worrying about food and spending hours grinding, it lets you quickly get into building and encourages you to build custom systems to complete the quests. It also got me addicted to minechem :p.

Reactions: Caithleen

Monsterguts173

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone having any trouble with oxygen bubble distributor causing a game crash? on the FTB launcher, using version .13 I think, (rolled back cause 15 gave me memory issues). I can post the log, if need be, but my outdated computer parts might show :p

Last edited:

Noobpwner9001

Jul 29, 2019
I am on Venus after not being on the moon for very long since I thought I could travel to earth when I got a rocket... Now I'm on Venus hoping to get a tardis using the stargate quest line but for naquadah you need so many Venus crystals and coal blacks that I can't find without a quarry. But quarry so grindy to make!

jaspercayne

Jul 29, 2019
I feel kind of like an idiot for reporting this one, but the beta tester in me won out over the dirty cheater. I was having trouble sealing the observatory (am I the only one?) so I started walling off sections and found a bit of help using carpenters garage doors to make the other sections still accessible while I worked. Apparently one of the sources of my leaks was actually the airlock itself. Two minutes later I noticed that a garage door will act as a solid wall for stopping leaks, even if it is left open?

2015-11-29_02.34.40.png

Don't get me wrong, a handful of logs is far more preferable to all the materials needed for the airlocks, but it just seems kind of... wrong... I realize that this is something that may be out of your hands and needs to be resolved most likely on the carpenter's blocks end of things, but I just thought I would share this little tidbit for anyone looking for a cheap airlock.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Can I disable damage from meteors? Their damage is very bad..

In config (core.conf) is only:

But I have very big damage from meteros.

This only works in a newer version from GC. We tried it but had to revert back due to issues. So its still in the config but the mod isnt using it.

I am on Venus after not being on the moon for very long since I thought I could travel to earth when I got a rocket... Now I'm on Venus hoping to get a tardis using the stargate quest line but for naquadah you need so many Venus crystals and coal blacks that I can't find without a quarry. But quarry so grindy to make!

Why dont you fusion the venus crystals? http://imgur.com/a/sRa4B.

And coal blocks? I mean if you are that far in the game, you would be swimming in carbon ... On our community playthrough the (upgraded) carbon barrel was overflowing all the time after day 3. Or throw in a stack of diamonds?

I feel kind of like an idiot for reporting this one, but the beta tester in me won out over the dirty cheater. I was having trouble sealing the observatory (am I the only one?) so I started walling off sections and found a bit of help using carpenters garage doors to make the other sections still accessible while I worked. Apparently one of the sources of my leaks was actually the airlock itself. Two minutes later I noticed that a garage door will act as a solid wall for stopping leaks, even if it is left open?

Don't get me wrong, a handful of logs is far more preferable to all the materials needed for the airlocks, but it just seems kind of... wrong... I realize that this is something that may be out of your hands and needs to be resolved most likely on the carpenter's blocks end of things, but I just thought I would share this little tidbit for anyone looking for a cheap airlock.

Well you could also just place solid blocks and mine them each time, I cant prevent that too ;) But they dont open so stylish with Whooooosh sound!

Reactions: wacky444

Sunseahl

Jul 29, 2019
I registered just to post in this thread. Yaay!

So i'm having some issues.....

I've been trying to essentially make a powerwall on the moon.

The most efficient way for me to make power at night is Stirling Engines/Lava right now, BUT... i can't auto-feed liquid lava directly into the generators without putting them in a bucket. Is there a way to automate this that i'm missing or that i'm gonna have to wind up leaving the moon to get? (I REALLY don't want to leave the moon until I have stable power without star-chambers)

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
How about just using Hydrogen/Carbon in the stirlings?

Else you should look into routers for the bucket thingy. (In combination with eio tank to fill)

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I registered just to post in this thread. Yaay!

So i'm having some issues.....

I've been trying to essentially make a powerwall on the moon.

The most efficient way for me to make power at night is Stirling Engines/Lava right now, BUT... i can't auto-feed liquid lava directly into the generators without putting them in a bucket. Is there a way to automate this that i'm missing or that i'm gonna have to wind up leaving the moon to get? (I REALLY don't want to leave the moon until I have stable power without star-chambers)

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ce-something-fresh.86203/page-72#post-1476518

Neythi

Jul 29, 2019
This only works in a newer version from GC. We tried it but had to revert back due to issues. So its still in the config but the mod isnt using it.
Thank you. :)

What I can delete non-server files from this version? I'd like playing newer version, but I have some problems on my server. Or where I can find files for only server? (I think that missing some files in 1.4.15 version from FTB launcher for server).

TrueDeviL

Jul 29, 2019
Eventually with transfer pipes, multiple crucibles, stone barrels and transfer nodes you can automatically make cobblestone, obsidian, endstone and nether rack.

Seems this no longer works for Obsidian at least..

I've just kinda started playing this modpack, and you don't get obsidian by running water over a lava filled Crucible any longer.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Try transferring that lava to a stone barrel and then giver 'er another try.
I did the same thing...

Last edited:
Reactions: icedsdcard

Monsterguts173

Jul 29, 2019
Yep stone barrels, good for making end stone as well. Also, once you have adv gens, you can get obsidian as a by product.

I am working on my reactors now, trying to decide if I want to just make my fission reactor bigger or go for the fusion reactor. The fusion clearly outputs much more power, (which minechem needs desperately, especially for those crystals), but seems like it can be quite tricky to get it to run efficiently. I am leaning towards just making my 5x fission into at least a 11x, kind of a hammer approach but :D. I suppose the real downside to a huge reactor is the cost, materials plus fuels, well that and the small chance for an epic explosion...heh.

Also, I was watching some tutorials on the RFtools stuff, are all the dimension building things available? Seems like that would be really wild, though not sure where I would start looking to find the unidentified dimlets.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on a server. We finally made a Stargate and put in the coordinates from the quest book but the stargate says there is no stargate at that address. The quest book says "On servers check the spawn for different coordinates!" I do not know what that means. How do we find the correct coordinates?

Edit: Figured it out. The 1.4.15 server files did not have dimension -112 so I had to copy that dimension from the client files.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caithleen

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Are you talking about the Minechem fusion and fission reactor? Because if you think those are going to produce power for you, you will be sorely disappointed. But once you figure out what they do, you'll be happy. If you can make a power system that can power them.

Monsterguts173

Jul 29, 2019
Are you talking about the Minechem fusion and fission reactor? Because if you think those are going to produce power for you, you will be sorely disappointed. But once you figure out what they do, you'll be happy. If you can make a power system that can power them.

no I am talking about the nuclear craft reactors.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to have power better than adv. gen, I would shoot for the fusion. The fission can make ugly craters when it has chunk border problems :D

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Here is how you make cobblestone, lava, obsidian, nether rack and end stone in a single set up.

Dig a hole 3 blocks wide. Put a piece of cobble stone in the middle of the hole. Put a bucket of lava to the left or right of the cobblestone. Put a bucket of water in the other hole. Put a transfer node on top of the cobblestone with a world interaction upgrade in the transfer node (the more WIU you use, the faster it will produce cobble). In front of the cobblestone, place a row 8 crucibles with a heat source underneath them. The top of the crucibles should be level with the top of the cobble stone. The best heat sourse is a pure awesomite block.

On top of the crucibles, run transfer pipes that connect to the transfer node on top of the cobblestone block. Put a barrel on top of the transfer pipe at the far end away from the cobblestone. It will begin filling rapidly with cobblestone as will the crucibles, and they should immediately begin melting the cobblestone in the crucibles into lava. Running down the length of the of the crucibles put a liquid transfer node on each crucible. Connect six transfer pipes to the end of the liquid transfer nodes on the side of the crucibles. The six transfer pipes should be in a line with the liquid transfer nodes. Attach three stone barrels to the transfer pipe, each a space apart from each other and the last crucible. Each stone barrel should have a transfer node underneath it to pull out what it produces. Use transfer pipes connected to the transfer nodes to a barrel that collects the products. One stone barrel should have a water source block on top of it to turn the lava into obsidian. The transfer node underneath will pull the obsidian out as soon as the lava transforms.

The other 2 stone barrels should have a barrel above them with a 1 block gap between the stone barrel and the barrel. In this gap place a transfer node pulling blocks from the barrel above the stone barrel. In one barrel put in glowstone and in the other put redstone. The transfer node will pull glowstone/redstone from the barrel and force it into the stone barrel full of lava. It will convert into either endstone or nether rack and the transfer node underneath the stone barrel will pull it out and put it in the other barrel. Pics and possibly video at some point later.

Status
Not open for further replies.