Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys, MAgzie here!
I have the 2nd Episode up and everything is going smoothly. Enjoy!

Niki Pound

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed a number of grammar and spelling mistakes in the Quest Book. Are you looking for a proofreader at this time?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
You are welcome to put your findings up as an issue on the git.

Thoo i wont push a HQM Update only for spelling. Its just not worth a questbook reset. If there are major changes to be done to HQM I would ofc kill the spellings to :D

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow, I didn't know changes to the questbook would require a reset, kinda puts a damper on things...

Looking at the HQM curse page it seems they updated just 2 days ago with a way to save/load quests to json files, might be a way to push an update with that, but it is a brand new feature with little documentation other than the changelog. I know you can load quests using an in game command, but I do not know if it will load the json quests on start to update the book.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
HQM will break randomly and reset on changes to the book. I dont have any details but even a typo fix triggered a full reset in the past for some :(

NeuroticHamster

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody else having trouble with sorting chest not working after using a RF tools transmitter. I came back to my moon base and all my automation of ores is overflowing as well as my minechem stuff. I tried taking very thing out and putting it back in, breaking and replacing and even a different sorting chest and still nothing. Any suggestions?

I've noticed that the sorting chests stop working after rocketing between planets. Restarting the game fixes them. I don't have a RF tools transmitter yet.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow, I didn't know changes to the questbook would require a reset, kinda puts a damper on things...

Looking at the HQM curse page it seems they updated just 2 days ago with a way to save/load quests to json files, might be a way to push an update with that, but it is a brand new feature with little documentation other than the changelog. I know you can load quests using an in game command, but I do not know if it will load the json quests on start to update the book.

Not necessary. Ofc I will update to that version when I touch HQM again, but the breaking part is in the player safe file for quests. An its kinda random. Well I got a feeling you shouldnt touch old quests. Ive seen a new questline added without a reset. Ive seen a reward change and resets ...

I've noticed that the sorting chests stop working after rocketing between planets. Restarting the game fixes them. I don't have a RF tools transmitter yet.

They have a problem with chunk loading in my eyes. Also a target could have been full. Since it wont touch old stacks in the chest I myself end up taking out the left top slot and clicking the sort button - stacks get a new place aka "new" for RR and it continues to sort.

RedRobin96

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an actual way to get chetwynium? mining for sapphire sucks. I know that I would have to use the chemical fussion chamber, I just can't find any combinations that actually work.

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah the first time I went to Mars I brought my transmitter so I could come back for supplies etc. the first time back none of my sorting chest were working even after pulling them
out and putting them back in or replacing the chest. So I just left them for the time being and went back to Mars. On another trip back however they were working again except for what was stuck before but once I pull them out this time and put them back in they worked fine. I've been back and forth now maybe a dozen times and they seem to be continuing in this pattern. Pretty bizarre behavior lol

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
So, I think I'm ready for me and my girls to go to Mars. I'm not super familiar with RFTools so what I've done is made 2 each of the dialer, the matter transmitter, and matter receiver. I placed one of each on the moon and named it moon base (named the receiver). I plan to use the super giant star/harvester/container as my initial power source on Mars to operate the oxygen generation machines and the rftools machines once we get there. Is this going to work? Thank you!

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
So, I think I'm ready for me and my girls to go to Mars. I'm not super familiar with RFTools so what I've done is made 2 each of the dialer, the matter transmitter, and matter receiver. I placed one of each on the moon and named it moon base (named the receiver). I plan to use the super giant star/harvester/container as my initial power source on Mars to operate the oxygen generation machines and the rftools machines once we get there. Is this going to work? Thank you!

Should work, but my suggestion would be to try the complete setup on the moon first. You probably want to add also a Dimensional Anchors (chunk loaders) on both sides. They are really cheap to make in this pack.
Also fairly cheap is a Basic Capacitor Bank, always better to have some energy buffer.

And there is a really simple way to have access to oxygen anywhere and anytime: One of the quests is to make a Dimensional Chest and it gives you a second chest as reward. Place a chest next to the Oxygen Compressor and connect it to the bottom of the compressor using a Refined Relocation tube. Put an Extractor module into both sides of the tube and set them to extract a single item every 2-3 seconds. Craft a few empty canisters and drop them into the chest. It will take an empty oxygen canister out of the chest, place it in the compressor and then put the full canister back into the chest.

Take the other chest to Mars, this will give you an unlimited supply of oxygen there. (At least as long as the collector and compressor on the moon are chunkloaded.) Or, going one step further, take also an oxygen decompressor and bubble generator/sealer to Mars. The decompressor can take the tanks out of the chest, use them and put the empty tanks back. The compressor on the other side will fill them back up.

At T2 replace the Refined Relocation tubes with EnderIO itemducts and both sides set to In/Out. Cheaper and works just as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.