Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
Wow!!! Special chest + packager upgrade >>> auto crafters

Also Caitleen there seems to be a problem with the advance chest upgrades in Router Reborn. Every time I hit any button in the GUI I get a "fatal error" crash and lose connection. Idk if it's a bug with the mod or something with the pack but just a heads up.

Kanten

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to setup a private server? When I try to transfer the template 2 from the single player world to my server it does not load up correctly. The whole server either crashes or you spawn in the void.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I am now in the "end game" and I am loving the combo of mods and having the resources I need to make whatever I want, or at least to make whatever I need to make whatever I want :p :D

I have run in to a problem with the Tardis and traveling between dimensions - the lever to dial in on a dimension cycles through many dimensions without problems, including some DW themed ones like Trenzalore and Gallifrey and some of the GalactiCraft ones like Mars (which shows up as planet.mars but works) and Pluto (which shows up as Pluto as it should) but there is at least one dimension that I cannot dial it in to, and that's the Moon. I have an RFTools teleporter/recaller/dialer set up on Mars, Pluto, Venus, and the Moon so I was able to travel in the Tardis to Mars, find my base on Mars by wandering around from where the Tardis put me, then made a Tardis Landing Pad in my base on Mars, recalled it to me with the Sonic Screwdriver, saved the coordinates into the console of the Tardis, and flew back there with the toggle set on the console to prefer landing pads, and it lands on the pad just fine. I figured I'd just RFTools teleport myself to my Moon base, put down a Tardis Landing Pad there, and use the Sonic Screwdriver to recall the Tardis to me, but it says that it cannot recall. I made one of the Tardis Recaller blocks on the Moon and used it and it worked, but when I went inside the console display of the Tardis still shows the dimension of the last one I visited (Mars) rather than the Moon, and trying to put a Tardis Landing Pad near the Recaller block outside the Tardis, get inside and save the current coordinates and fly back to them to hop over onto the Landing Pad didn't work, I ended up back in the last dimension I had visited (Mars.)

I just posted about this on the Tardis mod thread (post is here) but I wanted to write about it here, too. For what it's worth, I noticed that in the RFTools Dialer menu, some planets show as just their name like Pluto and Venus but others seem to have more of a "behind the scenes" code-esque name - for example, Mars is planet.mars and the Moon is moon.moon. The Tardis can still find planet.mars, though, so I don't think the naming is the issue per se. Perhaps there are just too many dimensions for the Tardis to be able to cycle through them all? Or perhaps there's some other lever or something somewhere on the Tardis console that I'm missing that cycles through even more dimensions?

NoxVindicta

Jul 29, 2019
For what it's worth, I noticed that in the RFTools Dialer menu, some planets show as just their name like Pluto and Venus but others seem to have more of a "behind the scenes" code-esque name - for example, Mars is planet.mars and the Moon is moon.moon.
I am now thinking of moon moon. Search it up.

Ryoko

Jul 29, 2019
Just got my Tardis!
Can I make a small tip?
If you ever need regeneration - do not splash the chemicals on floor (it totaly don't work, even when it shows that you have regeneration) just drink it.
Penicillin is great invention!!!

2ToTheCubithPower

Jul 29, 2019
[QUOTE="OmegaJasam, post: 1472234, ]after losing all the initial ernder pearls AND the ender lilly in the same day, it would be nice to get it back.[/QUOTE]
It shouldn't be too hard to make an enderman spawner. Even though they don't naturally spawn in gc dimentions, I think you can spawn them through ex nihlo using creepy doll in witchwater. Then you can suck up its soul for spawn/farming

icecreamjones

Jul 29, 2019
Really like this pack! Although I'm still overwhelmed by some of the stuff that the HQM doesn't prepare for - I've been out of minecraft for about 2 years and I don't know how to use Minechem and the like, so improvements in the quest book could be there.

I am currently having one problem: my Progressive Automation devices aren't working despite having all the consumables they need, they say Waiting no matter what happens

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Really like this pack! Although I'm still overwhelmed by some of the stuff that the HQM doesn't prepare for - I've been out of minecraft for about 2 years and I don't know how to use Minechem and the like, so improvements in the quest book could be there.

I am currently having one problem: my Progressive Automation devices aren't working despite having all the consumables they need, they say Waiting no matter what happens
Make sure they have range upgrades, the range is a block count, not a radius like most other machines. So to get a radius of 1 you need a range of 8(or 9 for planter), for a radius of 2 you need 24(25 for a planter) etc.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
If I plan to use RFTools' stuffs to easily travel between the Moon and Mars, etc. Do I need a Matter Transmitter and Receiver in each dimension [ex one each on the Moon and on Mars]?

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
If I plan to use RFTools' stuffs to easily travel between the Moon and Mars, etc. Do I need a Matter Transmitter and Receiver in each dimension [ex one each on the Moon and on Mars]?

Yes, also you need a dialer at every transmitter as well. Or Atleast one in every dimension. You can leave the transmitters dialed at all times but you need a dialer to establish the connection.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, also you need a dialer at every transmitter as well. Or Atleast one in every dimension. You can leave the transmitters dialed at all times but you need a dialer to establish the connection.

Thanks for the confirmation. RFTools wiki implied I could 'pre-configure' the Transmitter/Receiver prior to placement in their intended dimension...is this no longer true?
By pre-config, I mean:
Link the destination receiver with the home transmitter while still in the home dimension via the dialing device, as well as link the home receiver with the destination transmitter. I'm pretty sure this is how the wiki describes doing things. Initially, it's just to save a little on resources/power.

NeuroticHamster

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips for finding this Moon dungeon that exists? i heard rumours of ender lillies, and after losing all the initial ernder pearls AND the ender lilly in the same day, it would be nice to get it back.

(Even if I could just make enstinium with much more ease. It's kinda the principle of the thing. Like building a giant dong tower on top of the area that had the hungry node that ate your backpack... Or other pointless acts of stubbornness.)

I haven't found any Moon dungeons myself yet.

I found Einsteinium fairly easy to make with my setup so far. Decompose Obsidian and make boatloads of sand. use Ex-Nihilo barrels with mycellium to create witchwater. Automate water and sand feeding into the barrels and you can get stacks of soulsand with no intervention. Feed that into the chemical decomposer to get einsteinium. Takes a lot of soulsand, but I can usually get 10-16 einsteinium from a 2 to 3 stacks of soulsand. Combine that with Calcium (calcium from bones) carbonate to make Ender pearls. I usually combine so fast, I don't have to worry about radiation.

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody else having trouble with sorting chest not working after using a RF tools transmitter. I came back to my moon base and all my automation of ores is overflowing as well as my minechem stuff. I tried taking very thing out and putting it back in, breaking and replacing and even a different sorting chest and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Nanobytez

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm currently preparing for My first trip to Mars, bringing all the materials I need for the Space Station even though it won't be needed. I have a question, I've been playing on a small server of two people, with a chunk loaded Moon Base. Our Brown Dwarf star is completely out of power according to the harvester, but it's still producing power. I got a Depleted Nether star from somewhere but it was used to make a tardis. Stars are claimed to go "critical" when they run out of power. Does this mean they'll level a base or? My base is intact, star is still pushing power and I'd like to make a heart of star before going to Mars...

Also did this mod make it to where the only way to get aluminum is via 40 auto sieves? Cuz goodness, I just SSP a world and ravaged Mars via a RR Pick. Currently working on pluto...

Last edited:

2ToTheCubithPower

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the confirmation. RFTools wiki implied I could 'pre-configure' the Transmitter/Receiver prior to placement in their intended dimension...is this no longer true?
By pre-config, I mean:
Link the destination receiver with the home transmitter while still in the home dimension via the dialing device, as well as link the home receiver with the destination transmitter. I'm pretty sure this is how the wiki describes doing things. Initially, it's just to save a little on resources/power.

It is possible to "pre-configure" your telepads. They store their configuration after being mined. This means you can place both moon and soon-to-be mars telepads down on the moon and do all the dialing from a single dialing machine.

This being said, I'd still bring a dialing device with me. Its not all that expensive and great to have for expanding past mars ect

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm currently preparing for My first trip to Mars, bringing all the materials I need for the Space Station even though it won't be needed. I have a question, I've been playing on a small server of two people, with a chunk loaded Moon Base. Our Brown Dwarf star is completely out of power according to the harvester, but it's still producing power. I got a Depleted Nether star from somewhere but it was used to make a tardis. Stars are claimed to go "critical" when they run out of power. Does this mean they'll level a base or? My base is intact, star is still pushing power and I'd like to make a heart of star before going to Mars...

Also did this mod make it to where the only way to get aluminum is via 40 auto sieves? Cuz goodness, I just SSP a world and ravaged Mars via a RR Pick. Currently working on pluto...

4-6 autosieves are all you need.

But i think theres something wrong .... first trip to mars - made a tardis?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
11th Tardis can be made from a wither kill, quite attainable at T1, all you need is a beacon and diamonds. Missed a recipe perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.