Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
ok, so there I was head deep in a cow pit with about 40 cows in a 5x5 area and I'm just murdering them right? Well I see this bluish green slime-like head pop out of a cow and start scooting across the ground so I continue my slaughter fest in an attempt to find this thing in among the feet of the cows but it disappeared on me. I finally thinned the herd to about 12 cows and it happened again and I just start slicing that blue thing like it was my job and I could hear the sound as if I was taking damage but I wanted it dead because I was sure it had a drop or something....nothing. I don't know if I took damage or not, I have no armor so if I did it was half a heart at most but I'm curious as to what the little bugger was/is and is it useful?

I think it might of been a ghost. I can't remember what mod puts it in the pack but I've had it happen to me as well. Scared the crap outta me lol

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
ok, so there I was head deep in a cow pit with about 40 cows in a 5x5 area and I'm just murdering them right? Well I see this bluish green slime-like head pop out of a cow and start scooting across the ground so I continue my slaughter fest in an attempt to find this thing in among the feet of the cows but it disappeared on me. I finally thinned the herd to about 12 cows and it happened again and I just start slicing that blue thing like it was my job and I could hear the sound as if I was taking damage but I wanted it dead because I was sure it had a drop or something....nothing. I don't know if I took damage or not, I have no armor so if I did it was half a heart at most but I'm curious as to what the little bugger was/is and is it useful?

I've seen them before too, not in this pack yet tho... IIRC they dropped ThaumCraft Essences [in other packs] so not sure what they'd drop here or what function they serve.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen them before too, not in this pack yet tho... IIRC they dropped ThaumCraft Essences [in other packs] so not sure what they'd drop here or what function they serve.
They are from Random Things because they can sometimes drop the Ectoplasm item from Random Things. I was surprised to see one in this pack, too, the first time I saw one and I have only seen probably 4 or 5 total so far.

Reactions: Caithleen

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
So the items I have that are glitching are mainly vanilla items such as sugar cane item, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, and seeds. Also the pickaxe instead of being a pickaxe is a radioactive symbol. What am I doing wrong/how do I fix this?

I have the same problem when I first load. I'm an on an iMac running the latest Java. I have to fix it each time I launch Galactic Science. To do so, I open the resource pack menu and close it. All is well after that, until I close and relaunch FTB and Galactic Science. Btw, I've played about a dozen different FTB games, some directly from the launcher, some were 3rd party packs. Galactic Science is the only one where I have this problem.

Sreolla

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta say i love this pack so far, small group us play on a Private server. the place so far

c8PUmsZb.jpg
vrn9G7cb.jpg
U5s9Icxb.jpg

2FEfcVQb.jpg
hHpzb7Mb.jpg
bbIiw5ib.jpg

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem when I first load. I'm an on an iMac running the latest Java. I have to fix it each time I launch Galactic Science. To do so, I open the resource pack menu and close it. All is well after that, until I close and relaunch FTB and Galactic Science. Btw, I've played about a dozen different FTB games, some directly from the launcher, some were 3rd party packs. Galactic Science is the only one where I have this problem.
I've OS X too and this issue is related with graphic drivers.

With Yosemite (10.9) drivers I've no text on all button or ingame, with nvidia drivers I've text but jabba barels textures are weird (I look through them).

But only this modpack have this problem and I've no problem at all on W10.

Whovian41110

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried this that fixed it and I'm on a mac

RebelZed

Jul 29, 2019
how do you get transfer nodes to work on the decomposer and stuff, or do only the relocators work, because i hate those things.

Itsmillertyme

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a good way of getting ender pearls? I have used up all my einsteinium and idk how to get more. I want to get a charged porter going for my trip to Mars

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
seeing how super uber iron dependant this modpack is, is there an easy way to get tons of iron?

Make an obsidian farm using crucibles and ex nihilo barrels and use the obsidian in the decomposer. Use the resulting materials to make gravel in the chemical synthesizer. Sieve the gravel. The percentage drop for iron from gravel is 20% vs. 7% in moon rock.

Reactions: Itsmillertyme

NeuroticHamster

Jul 29, 2019
Make an obsidian farm using crucibles and ex nihilo barrels and use the obsidian in the decomposer. Use the resulting materials to make gravel in the chemical synthesizer. Sieve the gravel. The percentage drop for iron from gravel is 20% vs. 7% in moon rock.

And in addition to this, autosieve with fortune upgrade + autohammerer + fortune upgrade boosts results even more. Sucks up a ton of power though.

Status
Not open for further replies.