Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2013emi

Jul 29, 2019
Heya not sure if this is intended or not but you can use shears on infested leaves and still get string and silkworms along with them. so its an infinite loop of string since when you place the leaves back down they're still infested.

Is this an intended dupe or no?

Im playing this on the MYM launcher

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda trying to get ready to go to the stargate address given in the "Dr. Whooooo?", I want to ensure I'm properly prepared so I need to make some good armour and weapons.What are the best armour and weapons I can get? (and please, no spoilers about the end)

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I haven't really messed around with blood magic, so having a questline on blood magic, kinda like there is for minechem would be great (not that it will be done in time for me, but just for other newcomers)

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, quantum flux equipment looked to be some of the most expensive so I made that guessing it would probably be more or less the best.
Then I went to the stargate, punched in the address hit the big orange button and ... "No stargate at address...", well I double checked my notes, tried once again, but to no avail.
I'm guessing this may have to do with the DIMM thingy being talked about further up? But I don't want to start touching sensitive files before being in the know.
Halp! =P

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
I would do that but you know, no sand on the Observatory map, cannot make item transports without that so I cannot complete the quest to get the chemical decomposer AND the chemical synthesizer. So you know, that cancels out both mjvmine and BigDaddyStamps suggestions. Also, I had an older world I was playing on so I already did all that but that world had Thermal Expansion on it and I wanted to play default this time.

[Edited for clarity]

You start making a manual Obsidian generator. Make a couple of crucibles. Put lava underneath them. Manually fill them with cobble. Use a bucket to take lava out of the crucibles and fill a stone barrel. Pour water over the stone barrel to make obsidian. Feed that into a decomposer. Use the Silicon Dioxide to make gravel, sand, dirt, podzol, glass panes and probably other things. Throw the magnesium oxide away once you get a full barrel of it, I've found no use for it yet. Use NEI to figure the recipes for the moon turf, moon dirt, moon rock, sand, gravel, podzol, etc. Once you have sand and glass, you can make transport pipes to make the obsidian automatically.

Eventually you can have a fully automated ore production system, but it takes a fair amount of power and a bit of space. Doable, but takes a while. I had one in my first run through. Got in a death loop on Mars and rather than try to edit my way out of a major screw up, I restarted using what I learned from the first try. I'm one the verge of building rockets in a quarter of the time. Part of the secret is to not waste time building the huge industrial complex until you can get too and from Mars safely with Desh. The amount of iron I wasted the first time building hundreds of relocate pipes, transport nodes, stirling engines was stagering. I had a 16 sieve system set up that would sieve moon rock, moon dirt and moon turf and gravel. Produced a hell of a lot of materials, but it took forever and was actually pretty wasteful. I think I had 60 or 70 stirling engines and about 20 decomposers and 10 or more synthesizers.

Last edited:

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used short range teleporters before, but I imagine they work by simply entering them?
that didn't happen for me in the one in the whovian world.
This is what the interface of the teleporter looks like. I imagine the "Teleport Not Found" is telling me that the teleporter on the receiving end is not valid for some reason. What do I do?

v5dovVd.png

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I made it through the Stargate :D As someone else had posted a few pages back, I copied over the DIM 112 folder and I was able to get there through the Stargate but the short range teleporter didn't work, so I dug my way up. For those curious, I had made a Polytool with +32 attack (look through Minechem for the elements that add Sword damage) and I had the Quantum Flux Battlesuit armor on, with upgrades in each piece except the helmet (since night vision seems buggy on Galacticraft planets) and I was fine, the biggest problem was explosions taking out the small amount of standing space more than any concerns about dying.

EDIT: I see TheLogan posted about this same Short Range Telepad issue while I was writing my post - I have armor that lets me fly so I just dug out to the side then up a bit, but be prepared to fight lots of mobs!

I got the Blood Altar and now I am trying to turn the Awesome Machine Core into a Tardis Key with it, and I've hit a wall - the upgrades for the Blood Altar need Blank Slates, which have been modified to not use Stone but instead to use Kontron Crystals from Tardis Mod, so I can't get those until I get the Tardis. No problem, the recipe in NEI says it is a Tier 1 recipe, so I don't need an upgrade. The problem is with the amount of LP needed - 100000! Each prick of the knife only gets me 200, so what am I missing? How in the world am I supposed to get 100000 LP into this block considering the altar only stores 10000 at a time and if I am infusing something in the altar and it runs out of LP the infusion slowly reverses. What's the secret here? The best idea I have is guzzling instant healing potions, but even that doesn't seem like enough. Since each heart of damage I do to myself is 200 LP, that's 100000/200 = 500 hearts, so 50 full heals of all 10 hearts o.0

Also, as a tip for others who start checking out the Tardis Mod part of T6 and the "end game", here is the mod author's post with some very helpful details http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...176-tardis-mod-updated-to-v0-99-on-13-08-2015
This mod doesn't do GUIs so there are no recipes for things like Kontron Crystals in NEI, but this imgur link from that thread shows the recipes (once you have a Tardis) http://imgur.com/a/4B7cv

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
I did a quick read on blood magic earlier, and saw stuff about factory farms where they'd just slaughter animals in huge quantities.
It would be great with some quest line in that regards though later down the line =)

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I made it through the Stargate :D As someone else had posted a few pages back, I copied over the DIM 112 folder and I was able to get there through the Stargate but the short range teleporter didn't work, so I dug my way up. For those curious, I had made a Polytool with +32 attack (look through Minechem for the elements that add Sword damage) and I had the Quantum Flux Battlesuit armor on, with upgrades in each piece except the helmet (since night vision seems buggy on Galacticraft planets) and I was fine, the biggest problem was explosions taking out the small amount of standing space more than any concerns about dying.

EDIT: I see TheLogan posted about this same Short Range Telepad issue while I was writing my post - I have armor that lets me fly so I just dug out to the side then up a bit, but be prepared to fight lots of mobs!

I got the Blood Altar and now I am trying to turn the Awesome Machine Core into a Tardis Key with it, and I've hit a wall - the upgrades for the Blood Altar need Blank Slates, which have been modified to not use Stone but instead to use Kontron Crystals from Tardis Mod, so I can't get those until I get the Tardis. No problem, the recipe in NEI says it is a Tier 1 recipe, so I don't need an upgrade. The problem is with the amount of LP needed - 100000! Each prick of the knife only gets me 200, so what am I missing? How in the world am I supposed to get 100000 LP into this block considering the altar only stores 10000 at a time and if I am infusing something in the altar and it runs out of LP the infusion slowly reverses. What's the secret here? The best idea I have is guzzling instant healing potions, but even that doesn't seem like enough. Since each heart of damage I do to myself is 200 LP, that's 100000/200 = 500 hearts, so 50 full heals of all 10 hearts o.0

Unless BloodMagic (BM) progression has also been altered, you have no choice but to prick yourself until you can build a T2 BM Altar and get a Dagger of Sacrifice. Only then can you switch over to killing mobs for LP [but the mobs need to be no more than 1 block from the altar for the dagger to work]. You can make this a little easier as you go by creating Runes of Sacrifice / Self-Sacrifice. There's a good tutorial somewhere in these forums...

Spartan117m15

Jul 29, 2019
Caithleen, I am using the Beta 1.4.12 and I have noticed a bug type thing with the oxygen compressors. When I put an oxygen tank in sometimes it will show it is not filling even with full energy and O2. When I click it then it dissappears and my inventory becomes bugged and it does some weird crap then after a bit it reappears full inside the compressor and I can take it out.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
Unless BloodMagic (BM) progression has also been altered, you have no choice but to prick yourself until you can build a T2 BM Altar and get a Dagger of Sacrifice. Only then can you switch over to killing mobs for LP [but the mobs need to be no more than 1 block from the altar for the dagger to work]. You can make this a little easier as you go by creating Runes of Sacrifice / Self-Sacrifice. There's a good tutorial somewhere in these forums...

That's what I was thinking too, at least get the Dagger of Sacrifice and use a mob spawner and/or Cursed Earth to crank out mobs to kill for the LP, but the progression has indeed been altered, that's what I was writing about the Kontron Crystal stuff about, I need a Tardis to make those, but I need that key to get a Tardis, that's why I feel like I must be missing something. I saw one or two people say they had done it, though, so there must be some way I'm missing.

EDIT: Wait a second...was the place where I found the altar full of runes to make it a higher tier? I thought that maybe it had runes under it, but I looked around and didn't see any and then Creepers started blowing stuff up. Is that the thing I missed?

EDIT 2: I looked around that room where I got the blood altar again, still saw nothing. Decided to look for a way to abuse, er I mean use,Minechem ;) A winning combo is Fingolimod and Xylitol, right click on the ground with a group of them (8 I think) and it places some of that as a liquid into the world and gives the effects if you stand in it, place them next to each other and stand in the middle for a combo of Regen II (which means I can just hold down right click and prick myself with the knife non-stop) and then a food restoring buff to make up for the hunger that one causes. I just got my Tardis key that way - if that isn't a/the way I should have done it, then note that it is at least possible this way :p

Last edited:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Men what you don't understand in the words "don't spoil T5 is a surprise".

If you want help or spoil PM Caithleen as me.

I'm sad to see people post in the forums and don't read the 2 or 3 previous post :-(

Envoyé de mon LG-H815 en utilisant Tapatalk

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Well its out now ;)

You need to put in 100K LP in the process of making it. Not fill it with 100K LP and then go afk. It requires constant pricking. If the altar runs out, the process reverts and you could end up putting even 200K in ;)

You are not meant to build up on BM before, make a T2 altar or something (thats also why theres no quest for BM). Just be there, prick prick prick and survive ;)

@Spartan117m15 Never heard of that bug before. Why not playing current?

Whovian41110

Jul 29, 2019
So the items I have that are glitching are mainly vanilla items such as sugar cane item, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, and seeds. Also the pickaxe instead of being a pickaxe is a radioactive symbol. What am I doing wrong/how do I fix this?

Attachments

• 2015-10-16_06.30.52.png
    2015-10-16_06.30.52.png
    216 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.