Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Bah, figured it out, its a 2x2 crafting grid vs a 3x3 crafting grid issue. 2x2 will give you galactic craft torches, 3x3 will give you vanilla torches which can be use for the flood lights.

Well GC changes them as soon as it can. You should be fine if you craft them in crafting table and immediatly use them in the table again.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I prefer to use the overhead flood lights for inside my underground base, they are relatively cheap to make. Except for the fact that about 1 in 5 times when I make torches to make the flood lights they turn into galactic craft torches which are useless. Wastes a lot of charcoal. Any reason why this is happening?

Completely unrelated to your issue ... :)

Another pretty cheap option to light up your base are Carpenter's Blocks. Place a block down into the floor, shift-click a piece of glowstone dust into it and then the actual floor material. It emits at light level 14 (brighter than a glowstone torch) and is completely invisible.

Monsterguts173

Jul 29, 2019
I used the overhead floodlights for a while as well, once I got desh though, I found that the arc lamps from GC work really well...if only the oxygen sealer were as simple lol :D

Mumfies

Jul 29, 2019
So... encountered an interesting bug. When i returned from mars, one of my sorting chests (happened to be the one with all my ores in it) was turned around and empty :confused:

Spartan117m15

Jul 29, 2019
Caithleen! I need your help! I updated to the new update today on 10/14/15 (I havent played in a few weeks) but now it says blocks from exnihilo are missing even though it is in the mod folder! What should I do??? I also cannot find config backups place and I added in a few mods that would be nice if they stayed when updating. I added in Hunger Overhaul, Pams harvestcraft, Applecore (required for one of these mods), and Thermal Expansion (I think, been awhile since I last played).

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
You can allways download older versions with FTB launcher or just from the repo. The warning on loading a world on missing blocks is usually only appearing when a lot has changed. You can allways backup your worlds before and try. Staying on an old version thoo will result in t4 beeing incredible grindy and t5+ not avaible (even then you must copy over the dim 112 to your save).

Seeing you have added custom mods makes it even harder to support. Also TE is just breaking progression untweaked in many ways.

Spartan117m15

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I am trying it first with these mods and then going back and removing Thermal Expansion eventually and playing through normallyish. I am keeping pams harvest craft and hunger overhaul though. I added TE to get a grip on the modpack to see better know what I am doing first :)

Do you think in a future update you could add in Pam HC and HungerOverhaul?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but the dynamos and cobble grinding just break t1, the dynamos upgraded even t2... do you know from which version you are upgrading?

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded this modpack yesterday and I really like it but I'm having strange graphical issues. A lot of items look really weird, like two-dimensional jpegs or something. The seed (both wheat and melon so far,) axes, sticks, a lot of vanilla stuff. Is there a resource pack I'm supposed to download and I just missed it? Any ideas?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
I just downloaded this modpack yesterday and I really like it but I'm having strange graphical issues. A lot of items look really weird, like two-dimensional jpegs or something. The seed (both wheat and melon so far,) axes, sticks, a lot of vanilla stuff. Is there a resource pack I'm supposed to download and I just missed it? Any ideas?

Sounds more like a broken download. Kill the entire directory (save your world) and redownload.

Spartan117m15

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but the dynamos and cobble grinding just break t1, the dynamos upgraded even t2... do you know from which version you are upgrading?
Ermmm.. No, not really. I can try and see though. Also, what are dynamos?

I guess I will just add in pams HC and hunger overhaul and make a new world.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Ermmm.. No, not really. I can try and see though. Also, what are dynamos?

I guess I will just add in pams HC and hunger overhaul and make a new world.

Well if youre using FTB he tells you when you can update. Which version you had and if youd like a backup ;)

I know.... only cowards make backups :D

markjaycups

Jul 29, 2019
Also dont make a T1 rocket .. follow the quests :)

@TheLogan - try propane
@Qanthelas - fear theres no decomposition use and details ... well .. its a great mod, but its documentation is not. A friend of the dev offered earlier in this thread to help on stuff ...

This is the sound of me going DERP. First, for not realizing how the NASA workbench worked, and also because I was trying to craft the Tier 1 Rocket so that I could then craft the schematic for the Tier 2. I didn't see in the quest book that there was a quest to get the schematics. I just finished making the Tier 2 rocket last night.

Reactions: Caithleen

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo... I remembered I had a similar problem with TFCraft a while back. The "solution" given to me was to change the mipmap levels every time I loaded up my game. It worked.

markjaycups

Jul 29, 2019
Another derp moment for me - I took off in my rocket, and selected Mercury to travel to. I completely forgot to wear my thermal protection, and now I'm just dying and respawning over and over again on Mercury's surface.

Is there any way to get back to my base, or am I boned?

Status
Not open for further replies.