Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
My son and I managed to play this pack together yesterday (Open to Lan). It worked perfectly. I didn't have to spawn in any tanks or quest book or anything. It was all there and we created a party and are now questing together. Thanks :)

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
My son and I managed to play this pack together yesterday (Open to Lan). It worked perfectly. I didn't have to spawn in any tanks or quest book or anything. It was all there and we created a party and are now questing together. Thanks :)

Cool! Have alot of fun! :)

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
I had forgotten about spikes, that's a good idea! But how do you make them work with a Cursed Earth mob farm? Can you put conveyors on top of Cursed Earth without messing it up? If so, that's a great idea!

Edit: I've only used Spikes with items like the Dafomills of Botania or the water jet thingies (from MFR I think?) that push mobs around, so that's why I hadn't even thought of those with Cursed Earth since I haven't seen anything that pushes mobs around like that in this modpack and I thought Cursed Earth couldn't have anything on top of it.

Openblocks fans work nicely. I went crazy and placed one every block, not realizing their AOE is much larger than just one block. If you have the standard 4 8x8 platforms with the 3 blocks of flowing water between them then you might get away with just 2 or 3 fans per platform (If you make too many they can be decomposed without loss).

Also note they need a redstone signal to turn on and you might want to place them up a block or two from the floor, I had issues with them pushing me around underneath the grinder when trying to access the switches tot urn them off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qanthelas

TheLogan

Jul 29, 2019
Managed to hit the boredom point but I'm back again, and I noticed that I don't have to quarry the entirety of Venus to get crystals, so I've created the chemicals needed etc.
Now I've run into a different problem though.
My synth has a power cap of 100.000RF 1 Venus Crystal has a power cost of 500.000RF, I've googled a bit but I haven't found a way to upgrade the synth, a little help here? ^_^

Mumfies

Jul 29, 2019
Hi.
So... I just spent a looot of time working my way to a tier 2 rocket to go to Mars. I filled it up with useful stuff and figured I should back up my save. So i quit, backed up my save and opened the game again... Where my rocket had somehow disappeared! With all my stuff in it *sadface*
Is this a known bug? How can i get all my stuff back without grinding forever and ever to get back to where I was?

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Managed to hit the boredom point but I'm back again, and I noticed that I don't have to quarry the entirety of Venus to get crystals, so I've created the chemicals needed etc.
My synth has a power cap of 100.000RF 1 Venus Crystal has a power cost of 500.000RF, I've googled a bit but I haven't found a way to upgrade the synth, a little help here? ^_^

Go into your minechem config and up the storage in the buffer to 500,000 or 1mil. It is a tough issue that they are still finding the balance on, starting off having to fill a 1mil buffer on a synth is quite hard and almost devastating if you have to move your synth, but a large buffer is needed late game too. I think they changed the buffer size in an upcoming update.

Hi.
So... I just spent a looot of time working my way to a tier 2 rocket to go to Mars. I filled it up with useful stuff and figured I should back up my save. So i quit, backed up my save and opened the game again... Where my rocket had somehow disappeared! With all my stuff in it *sadface*
Is this a known bug? How can i get all my stuff back without grinding forever and ever to get back to where I was?

Open to LAN, enable cheats, go into creative and replace lost items.

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Had a similar problem, as Caithleen stated you can go to the Mod options folders and change it in the config files, just follow the folder path of wherever you installed the modpack and find minechem.cfg . Afterwards correct the synthesizer power cap to 500k for example. Screenshot for folder path and more info:
0dOn10w.png

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
@Caithleen said in a previous post that you can increase the synth buffer in minechem config.

If you don't want to edit the config the next version change this.

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Playnot, egads man... get notepad++ it makes dealing with configs much easier =P I could never deal with plain notepad like that, with notepad++ they look more like this:
NM25rLG.png

(I know, that is not notepad++, it is Geany as I am under linux, but notepad++ is pretty much the windows equivalent.)

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Playnot, egads man... get notepad++ it makes dealing with configs much easier =P I could never deal with plain notepad like that, with notepad++ they look more like this:
NM25rLG.png

(I know, that is not notepad++, it is Geany as I am under linux, but notepad++ is pretty much the windows equivalent.)
Yeah, i know, I just don't have a real need for Notepad++ on this PC at the moment as i don't really bug configs that much here, i have it on my server machine tho, just wanted to show a quick path

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to speed the smelting of naquada ? With Alloy smelter it takes toooooooooooo long ! ;)

dogdaytona

Jul 29, 2019
i am having issuses with servers it keeps crashing and this is the second world that has had this happen to again i think it is the star harvester because i have yellow dwarf in there and before i put it in there i was fine

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
i am having issuses with servers it keeps crashing and this is the second world that has had this happen to again i think it is the star harvester because i have yellow dwarf in there and before i put it in there i was fine
Logs please. I haven't heard of any issues related to SMT's star harvesters that cause world corruption.

Reactions: Caithleen

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with the router from router reborn eating my items...

So from left to right, I have:
A barrel with much Hydrogen
A relocator (with extraction module) to pull the hydrogen into the...
Router, set to output WEST (to the right)
and finally a lot of stirling generators.

The router has a bandwidth upgrade, and a machinefilter blacklisting everything but stirling generators...

All of my hydrogen is very quickly sucked out of the barrel, and into the stirling generators... and then it just keeps going. The router burns through my hydrogen even though there's nowhere left to put it. I am assuming this is not intended behavior. Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. :)

It may not be the router. I had similar issues in my initial system where relocators would extract from the decomposer and deliver the hydrogen to the stirlings and oxygen to a trashcan. I too switched over to transfer pipes.

2ToTheCubithPower

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to all the help from this forum, I finally got my air lock set up. Unfortunately, the first time i tried to go through it, I found a creeper waiting DIRECTLY on the other side of the door. No more air lock ;_;

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I had forgotten about spikes, that's a good idea! But how do you make them work with a Cursed Earth mob farm? Can you put conveyors on top of Cursed Earth without messing it up? If so, that's a great idea!

Edit: I've only used Spikes with items like the Dafomills of Botania or the water jet thingies (from MFR I think?) that push mobs around, so that's why I hadn't even thought of those with Cursed Earth since I haven't seen anything that pushes mobs around like that in this modpack and I thought Cursed Earth couldn't have anything on top of it.

OpenBlocks Fans will move mobs.

2ToTheCubithPower

Jul 29, 2019
Wasnt possible. Although, router reborn allows this thanks to sneaky extract :)

Really looking foreward to eio conduits so I can group all my cables together

Status
Not open for further replies.