Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

siriustuck13

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with the router from router reborn eating my items...

So from left to right, I have:
A barrel with much Hydrogen
A relocator (with extraction module) to pull the hydrogen into the...
Router, set to output WEST (to the right)
and finally a lot of stirling generators.

The router has a bandwidth upgrade, and a machinefilter blacklisting everything but stirling generators...

All of my hydrogen is very quickly sucked out of the barrel, and into the stirling generators... and then it just keeps going. The router burns through my hydrogen even though there's nowhere left to put it. I am assuming this is not intended behavior. Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong. :)

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to set up a Cursed Earth mob farm and I think I've hit a bug with the Progressive Automation Killer - it seems to be using up the unbreakable swords I give it. I tried an Iron Killer with first a Wither Iron Sword and then an Etheric Sword (the Extra Utilities unbreakable sword) and yet I still leave my mob farm area for a bit, come back later and find that I am not getting more drops, look inside and find that the Iron Killer is missing its sword. I generally use MineFactory Reloaded for my mob killing needs so I am not used to the Progressive Automation way - am I missing something?

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much! Now all I need are 3 more oxygen collectors. Where can I get more tin now that I've decomposed all my cans?
If you need them for one place - no need, you can just place more leaves next to one of the oxygen collectors and they start collecting more. I've gotten my oxygen collectors up to 700 Oxygen per second and even that's too much.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much! Now all I need are 3 more oxygen collectors. Where can I get more tin now that I've decomposed all my cans?

Gravel!

I am trying to set up a Cursed Earth mob farm and I think I've hit a bug with the Progressive Automation Killer - it seems to be using up the unbreakable swords I give it. I tried an Iron Killer with first a Wither Iron Sword and then an Etheric Sword (the Extra Utilities unbreakable sword) and yet I still leave my mob farm area for a bit, come back later and find that I am not getting more drops, look inside and find that the Iron Killer is missing its sword. I generally use MineFactory Reloaded for my mob killing needs so I am not used to the Progressive Automation way - am I missing something?

PA is kinda ... well in its early rough days. (And so are yours with it!) Since you make unbreakable swords and stuff you should have access to Killer Joe. A bit hard to make, a bit annoying to setup, but with awesome results!. (Uses sword modifiers, gathers XP, has a large area). Thoo im unsure if he wont eat unbreakable swords too.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some trouble with the router from router reborn eating my items...

I have never experienced that behaviour including current version on GS. Whenever items disappeared it was my own fault having an inventory (like a chest, a furnace, maybe even a trashcan!) in the chain of inventories i used the router on. Heck, i even started to use furnaces as "expansion" cable before RR had its own :D

Also see no open issue on that : https://bitbucket.org/zyberwax/main/issues?status=new&status=open

Maybe check your setup ;)

siriustuck13

Jul 29, 2019
I have never experienced that behaviour including current version on GS. Whenever items disappeared it was my own fault having an inventory (like a chest, a furnace, maybe even a trashcan!) in the chain of inventories i used the router on. Heck, i even started to use furnaces as "expansion" cable before RR had its own :D

Also see no open issue on that : https://bitbucket.org/zyberwax/main/issues?status=new&status=open

Maybe check your setup ;)

I did a quick recording to show the setup and bug. I'll post it on the bug list as well.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hi, I'm looking into playing this modpack together with my son but is this actually possible? Can one of us do open to lan and have the other connect? Or is it easier to set up a server? Will the quests be shared? I tried to look in the posts here but I couldn't find any information on this. Thanks :)

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm looking into playing this modpack together with my son but is this actually possible? Can one of us do open to lan and have the other connect? Or is it easier to set up a server? Will the quests be shared? I tried to look in the posts here but I couldn't find any information on this. Thanks :)

When you share the base it should be easy to open to lan. I dont know if he will get the correct starting inventory, so you might have to cheat an oxygen set in for him. For quest sharing simply invite him to your quest party. Setting up a server is quite possible when its only for one team. Things get complicated with multiple teams ...

Also be warned alot of your modstuff is banned :D

No Ore dimensions for you!

Reactions: McJty

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
When you share the base it should be easy to open to lan. I dont know if he will get the correct starting inventory, so you might have to cheat an oxygen set in for him. For quest sharing simply invite him to your quest party. Setting up a server is quite possible when its only for one team. Things get complicated with multiple teams ...

Also be warned alot of your modstuff is banned :D

No Ore dimensions for you!

I don't mind that :)

In my own modpack I made RFTools considerably harder as well. Have been playing that for a while and have yet to make my first dimension :)

Reactions: Caithleen

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019

This is a known issue that the dev is aware of at least https://github.com/Vanhal/ProgressiveAutomation/issues/165

A quick, cheap and easy workaround for this in early game is Potassium Cyanide, you can place a bucket of it in your grinder and it causes a strong wither effect on the mobs. Once you have the resources move to diamond and gold spikes. The gold recipe makes 5 spikes and you need 4 of those in the recipe for the diamond spikes which allow "Player only" rare drops. I put the 1 gold spike in the center to give a bit of XP and the diamond spikes at the 4 corners, using 4 conveyors to move the mobs if they land on a blank space. The spikes can be enchanted but I am not sure if the looting enchant works or not.

Last edited:

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
This is a known issue that the dev is aware of at least https://github.com/Vanhal/ProgressiveAutomation/issues/165

A quick, cheap and easy workaround for this in early game is Potassium Cyanide, you can place a bucket of it in your grinder and it causes a strong wither effect on the mobs. Once you have the resources move to diamond and gold spikes. The gold recipe makes 5 spikes and you need 4 of those in the recipe for the diamond spikes which allow "Player only" rare drops. I put the 1 gold spike in the center to give a bit of XP and the diamond spikes at the 4 corners, using 4 conveyors to move the mobs if they land on a blank space. The spikes can be enchanted but I am not sure if the looting enchant works or not.
I had forgotten about spikes, that's a good idea! But how do you make them work with a Cursed Earth mob farm? Can you put conveyors on top of Cursed Earth without messing it up? If so, that's a great idea!

Edit: I've only used Spikes with items like the Dafomills of Botania or the water jet thingies (from MFR I think?) that push mobs around, so that's why I hadn't even thought of those with Cursed Earth since I haven't seen anything that pushes mobs around like that in this modpack and I thought Cursed Earth couldn't have anything on top of it.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
As requested by one of my subs here is the first episode. Hope you enjoy and it is helpfull to someone. Also i don't play GC too much so if you see me making any mistakes post a comment for other players and me! rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.