Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Set up a transfer node with no speed upgrades (speed upgrades actually slow down the cobble gen with world upgrade) and up to 64 world interaction upgrades, that will give you up to a stack of cobble/operation, and if you place 4 chests around it you can do 4 stacks of world interaction upgrades, it will produce cobble and immense speeds and pass that through favored compacting/crafting system(I use relocators and crafting modules) to make up to quadruple compressed cobble and send that through the decomposer, you will reap immense amounts of resources as fast as the decomposer can spit it out.
This got me curious, as my previous build didn't let me decompose anything other than compressed cobble [not double, triple, etc]. They just sit there and do nothing, even when decomposer is fully-charged. Just did a test now and I can decompose up to double-compressed, but nothing higher. I'm confused...

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
This got me curious, as my previous build didn't let me decompose anything other than compressed cobble [not double, triple, etc]. They just sit there and do nothing, even when decomposer is fully-charged. Just did a test now and I can decompose up to double-compressed, but nothing higher. I'm confused...
I think there is an issue with the recursive generation of the minechem recipes, it is a known issue and further back in the thread someone posted a link with possible solutions.

Are the advanced generators able to be created before going to Mars?
Yes.

Reactions: EchoingZen

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is an issue with the recursive generation of the minechem recipes, it is a known issue and further back in the thread someone posted a link with possible solutions.

Searched around some and found a post stating it's a known Minechem bug and that it works 'sometimes'...no solutions tho.

Edit: found a possible solution on a Minechem github page describing the issue...
Place double compressed cobble in the decomposer and then restart the game. Wonder if this works for the other compressed versions of cobble too?

Last edited:

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Searched around some and found a post stating it's a known Minechem bug and that it works 'sometimes'...no solutions tho.
Well, there is one solution... Can hardcode the recipe with minetweaker as minechem supports it. I am looking into how best to do this with a recursive recipe such as compressed cobble and if I come up with anything halfway decent I will submit a PR on github.

Shadow-

Jul 29, 2019
Shear on infested leaves : vanilla exnihilo behaviour. - That's what I figured.
Oil - Probably with GC pipes. But its not like you need sooo much gc fuel- Yeah I completely forgot about Transfer nodes which worked. So I wont need the 10 tanks and counting I made..Is there a difference between fuel and rocket fuel which I've got from reward bags?
--
So I finally got a Tier 2 Rocket Schematic (3rd dungeon), unlocked it in the machine, now I have an empty build screen. Is there something other than the wiki which would tell me what to put in to make a rocket? I can use the wiki, but shouldn't there be some in game way (maybe I'm missing it, never played around with Galactic Craft before.)

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
Shear on infested leaves : vanilla exnihilo behaviour. - That's what I figured.
Oil - Probably with GC pipes. But its not like you need sooo much gc fuel- Yeah I completely forgot about Transfer nodes which worked. So I wont need the 10 tanks and counting I made..Is there a difference between fuel and rocket fuel which I've got from reward bags?
--
So I finally got a Tier 2 Rocket Schematic (3rd dungeon), unlocked it in the machine, now I have an empty build screen. Is there something other than the wiki which would tell me what to put in to make a rocket? I can use the wiki, but shouldn't there be some in game way (maybe I'm missing it, never played around with Galactic Craft before.)

As for the difference between "fuel" and "rocket fuel" it can be rather misleading. "Fuel" is used for galacticraft rockets and can be produced by placing wood in a crucible to get oil and refining that in a refinery to get fuel. You don't really need much fuel, ~10 buckets should be all you ever need in the modpack. As for "rocket fuel" that is made in an Ender IO vat from Hootch and it is used as a fuel for generators, "rocket fuel" being a colloquialism for a strong alcoholic drink being used as fuel.

Lol, I don't mean to be derogatory but man, you like to do things the hard way =P You can get the schematics in the set of quests at the very bottom of the index, something space junk, you don't need to go to dungeons, just give a diamond block and you will get 3 diff schematics, including the buggy. As for the how to build the rockets, look in NEI, when you open your inventory use the search bar down at the bottom to search for "tier 2 rocket" and click on the rocket to see the recipe.

If the search bar/items are not showing to the right in your inventory press "O"

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey there is a Microscope in the first map but not in the 2nd one? Is there supposed to be one there? just thought i would ask? Also do you allow youtube video on your pack? I was thinking of doing a Modpack Showcase on it?

Bennyboy1695

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there is a Microscope in the first map but not in the 2nd one? Is there supposed to be one there? just thought i would ask? Also do you allow youtube video on your pack? I was thinking of doing a Modpack Showcase on it?
The microscope is only there to give you a good start on chemicals so its not essential for it to be there. And YouTube videos are welcome :)

Reactions: Caithleen

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
The microscope is only there to give you a good start on chemicals so its not essential for it to be there. And YouTube videos are welcome :)
Cool, i was just making sure it wasn't supposed to be in the snd map also. i am using the Curse pack if that helps. I'm making it today and will post it tonight. I'll post a link for you.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019

Base 1s benefit is the microscopt, which decomposes nicely. Base 2s benefit is the quartz ;)

NolanSyKinsley

Jul 29, 2019
GennyB Said something in his video about Greg's flood lamps acting as magnum torches to keep mobs from spawning. I can't find anything documenting this, is it true?

Playnot

Jul 29, 2019
GennyB Said something in his video about Greg's flood lamps acting as magnum torches to keep mobs from spawning. I can't find anything documenting this, is it true?
Well from my experience it did work and i used one from each level of the ship map on top of my ship in opposite directions and glowstone torches for the rest - it seemed to work for the entire distance of the flood lamps

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019

They dont work like magnum torches. What they do is a (expanding) 8*64 beam ... thats alot of light ;)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
The dog pulled the plug to my pc out of the wall and now that i have loaded it back up it keeps telling me that a level.dat was being used so it most be using a back up and i need to save a back up before clicking yes so as not to lose data/progress. How ever everytime i click yes know happens?? no clue.?.?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
yeah it crash after pressing it a few times so i'm guessing it was corrupted lucky i wasn't but 70%through the first quest line...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.