Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFright

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if a map will be added by default as one of the biggest goals with this pack is to keep it as lightweight as possible. But you can always add a map your self. It is as easy as drag and dropping a file into the mods directory.
Strings can also be obtained from infested leaves. You probably got some silkworms. Besides eating them you can also place them onto the leaves and they will start transforming it into a block that when broken gives strings (wait till it reaches 100%, it gets nearly white).
Thx

FireVentus

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so the latest update removed stone to gravel to sand...which makes it impossible to get the transfer node to get the chemical decomposer. Am I missing something?

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
Thats odd. Would you mind screenshotting this? Not seen this happen before.

I had to remove the modpack and start again with installing 1.08 then trying to update to 1.1.2. FTB launcher has done the same thing as you can see by the screenshot.

Besides starting on the moon, what are some of the changes for 1.1.2. I do not see any in the quest book, but I could be missing them.

ChetwyndKid

Jul 29, 2019
I had to remove the modpack and start again with installing 1.08 then trying to update to 1.1.2. FTB launcher has done the same thing as you can see by the screenshot.

Besides starting on the moon, what are some of the changes for 1.1.2. I do not see any in the quest book, but I could be missing them.
I still think FTB is behind. It might take a bit longer to be able to get the Questbook update of FTB

Reactions: Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
https://mineyourmind.net/forum/threads/changelog.8594/

I think the ftb launcher assumes it is older because of the version numbers. It says 1.08 instead of 1.0.8.

I agree that is probably the problem. Makes sense.
@ChetwyndKid - I am loving this modpack. I wish there was a way to get a journal book for the minechem early game to remember recipes etc. At least that is what I think the journal is for. I know it says I need keratin to make a book. But that formula is huge and I can't figure out how to break it down to make it easier. It has been 35 yrs since I've been in a chemistry class.

Now about those blasted incoming meteorites. Is there a mod (something like Blast-off had) to deflect meteorites from blasting the outside of my base? Heard a noise, turned around and the corner of my wall was gone. Would be neat to have to either repair a deflector or build one early game.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so the latest update removed stone to gravel to sand...which makes it impossible to get the transfer node to get the chemical decomposer. Am I missing something?

It was never possible to hammer cobble/gravel/sand

As said, you got sand in your base and can also make the node without. You are meant to use chemistry @T1 to get gravel and sand :)

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Now about those blasted incoming meteorites. Is there a mod (something like Blast-off had) to deflect meteorites from blasting the outside of my base? Heard a noise, turned around and the corner of my wall was gone. Would be neat to have to either repair a deflector or build one early game.

Compressed Cobble is blast proof (from 2x on i think?) and eio adds blast proof blocks for a meteor shield. The Tyrian should be proof too, thoo the glass parts of your base arent.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Compressed Cobble is blast proof (from 2x on i think?) and eio adds blast proof blocks for a meteor shield. The Tyrian should be proof too, thoo the glass parts of your base arent.
I can say for fact the material the base is made from is not metor proof, I'll get pics later

Zyin

Jul 29, 2019
I've spent about 30 hours playing the FTB v.1.08 of this pack so far. It reminded me a lot of Crash Landing which was the first modpack I played and enjoyed a lot. I'm not enjoying this on as much (yet) because there was no exploration and the issues with the quests.

I'm at the point where I'm nearly complete collecting the resources to build the Tier 2 Rocket to go to Mars. Before I complete it I wanted to give a lot of feedback on the pack so far.
  • Quest #5 Moar Power!, #6 Stars align, and #7 Quantums should not be unlocked until after you go to Mars since they all need Deft.
  • At the very start, have the player start with the Star Container instead of having it inside the Star Harvester. This took me way to long to figure out and almost made me quit right then.
  • Quest to craft a Glowstone Torch and Floodlight.
  • Quest to get the MineChem book.
  • Add quest text to various quests informing the player of critical MineChem decompositions, such as: Obsidian to SiO2, Compressed Cobble to a bunch of stuff, End Stone to Einsteinium and Beryllium.
  • Add quest text to various quests informing the player that synthesizing End Stone (after you get the Chemical Fission Chamber) and Gravel in addition to the already mentioned moon blocks.
  • Add more quest rewards for electrical wires (either Aluminum Wire or Energy Conduits).
  • Remove the quest "Fossil Stuff" for getting oil as it is useless.
  • Remove the quest for the Automatic Hammer since it isn't useful (at least not before Mars).
  • Tell the payer that Crucibles can be sped up by using lava instead of torches to heat them.
  • Quest for Stone Barrels. Tell the player you can put a water source node above it with lava inside to make Obsidian.
  • Quest to introduce the player to Stirling Generators.
  • Optional quest to get a Frequency Module so the player can hear sounds (it took me forever to find this item!)
  • Quest for Transfer Node (Items) and the World Interaction Upgrade and tell the player how to use it for cobble gen.
  • Optional quest for Transfer Pipes. Tell the player they can be configured with a stick.
  • Optional quest for Stack Upgrade, Speed Upgrade, and Pseudo Round Robin Upgrades as these are all very usefull for this modpack.
  • Quest to get the Compressor and Electric furnace (tell the player that they can be upgraded)
  • Quest to craft the NASA Workbench
  • In addition to the Refined Relocation sorting chests, add another quest for BSpace barrel upgrades.
  • Fix the "Trees on the moon" quest from not completing
  • Fix all your grammar mistakes in the quest book. It's really annoying seeing lower case "i".
  • Add quest text to the right side of the page where there is still default HQM text for nearly all the quests.
  • The early game loot bags are terrible. Add some luxury items to their loot table such as electrical wiring, armor, redstone, lights, and more air tanks.
This pack still feels very much like an alpha or beta and I think you should label it as such. Being at v.1.08 implies that the pack is feature complete and ready to play, which I feel it is not.

Reactions: Caithleen

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
I've spent about 30 hours playing the FTB v.1.08 of this pack so far. It reminded me a lot of Crash Landing which was the first modpack I played and enjoyed a lot. I'm not enjoying this on as much (yet) because there was no exploration and the issues with the quests.

I'm at the point where I'm nearly complete collecting the resources to build the Tier 2 Rocket to go to Mars. Before I complete it I wanted to give a lot of feedback on the pack so far.
  • Quest #5 Moar Power!, #6 Stars align, and #7 Quantums should not be unlocked until after you go to Mars since they all need Deft.
  • At the very start, have the player start with the Star Container instead of having it inside the Star Harvester. This took me way to long to figure out and almost made me quit right then.
  • Add quest text to various quests informing the player of critical MineChem decompositions, such as: Obsidian to SiO2, Compressed Cobble to a bunch of stuff, End Stone to Einsteinium and Beryllium.
  • Add quest text to various quests informing the player that synthesizing End Stone (after you get the Chemical Fission Chamber) and Gravel in addition to the already mentioned moon blocks.
  • Add more quest rewards for electrical wires (either Aluminum Wire or Energy Conduits).
  • Remove the quest for the Automatic Hammer since it isn't useful (at least not before Mars).
  • Tell the payer that Crucibles can be sped up by using lava instead of torches to heat them.
  • Quest for Stone Barrels. Tell the player you can put a water source node above it with lava inside to make Obsidian.
  • Optional quest to get a Frequency Module so the player can hear sounds (it took me forever to find this item!)
  • Quest for Transfer Node (Items) and the World Interaction Upgrade and tell the player how to use it for cobble gen.
  • Optional quest for Transfer Pipes. Tell the player they can be configured with a stick.
  • Optional quest for Stack Upgrade, Speed Upgrade, and Pseudo Round Robin Upgrades as these are all very usefull for this modpack.
  • Quest to get the Compressor and Electric furnace (tell the player that they can be upgraded)
  • In addition to the Refined Relocation sorting chests, add another quest for BSpace barrel upgrades.
  • Fix all your grammar mistakes in the quest book. It's really annoying seeing lower case "i".
  • Add quest text to the right side of the page where there is still default HQM text for nearly all the quests.
  • The early game loot bags are terrible. Add some luxury items to their loot table such as electrical wiring, armor, redstone, lights, and more air tanks.
This pack still feels very much like an alpha or beta and I think you should label it as such. Being at v.1.08 implies that the pack is feature complete and ready to play, which I feel it is not.

You are absolutely right, it is definitely a beta release at the current stage. The version'ing follows standard procedures:

First number = status
  • 0 for alpha (status)
  • 1 for beta (status)
  • 2 for release candidate
  • 3 for (final) releas
Second number = major updates, introducing new gameplay content
Third number = minor updates, mainly bug fixes
Fourth number = hot fixes and alike

Unfortunately there did happen a small mistake with the version number 1.08 as this should have been 1.0.8.

The pack is currently on version 1.1 (awaiting ftb approval) which introduces a new mod, a new dimension and a complete quest rewrite.
Currently it is being worked on 1.2 which will introduce another 2 new mods and dimension. (I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to spoiler)

Once a release candidate is ready (probably after 1.3 or 1.4) the version number will move up to 2.x..

There is a lot of stuff that could need improvement and to be cleaned up. Thank you very much for sharing your experience, recommendations.. and especially for the nice layout that is great to work with. I don't know how much is still compliant with 1.1 but I'm sure caith or chet will go over it and work on what is possible.

If you continue playing the modpack it would be great to get more feedback from you, this is giving us a good opportunity of improvement. (If you would like to get involved with it a bit more, we are always looking for clear heads to give regular feedback, share ideas, give opinions about other ideas and if enough time is available help out :) )

ChetwyndKid

Jul 29, 2019

Yes we are still in Beta, And bugs are still to come.
Quite a few of the things you mentioned are already fixed in an awaiting update.
We thank your for your advice and will try our best to get these for sorted for you.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
  • #6 has allready been reworked but you can start in #6 and #7 in 1.1.2 too. You can make a heart of the star when you got the depleted netherstar from a quest. And you can make the Quantum Entropy too. On #5 you are right.
  • I look forward to ideas how to improve it. I kinda use it the way he has to find the star harvester since i cant use location based detection (doesnt work in multiplayer).
  • I dont see why we would need them. Both sources of light are introduced with the starting base. The player should easily realise he can use them for light.
  • The MineChem book is rather useless and i dont see many use it. At first its nice to have the recipes quicker in the synth but as you gather more recipes, it becomes a click-mess. Also the microscope is given in the starting base for another reason ;)
  • I think there should be some point to player creativity to find out things and not nail him on the best setups he can get. Im still learning new things from players every now and then. The time it takes to get the resources for the T2 rocket was benchmarked by me going the comp stone->si+o2 synth->gravel synth route e.g. Obsidian is so much better ..
  • Ex nihilos way for end stone is quite easier i think, also can be done very early for the ender lilly
  • There is a quest giving out 10 conduits @T1 and the new update has silly willys junkyard so you can trade for more.
  • How is oil useless? Do you have a Tesla rocket?
  • Its quite usefull. Hammering the oregravel down yields +20-30% more.
  • Theres even awesomemite with x8 smelting speed, think we got a quest on that in current version.
  • Im uncertain if we should do all the ex nihilo stuff. Cant remind if agrarian or crash landing did that complete introduction. We would need to add netherrack, endstone ......
  • Actually a good idea, and tell him that hydrogen and stuff can be used as charcoal replacment (well, not the silly gc machines)
  • GC allready tells via chat when you reach the moon - i dont think we need to tell the player about everything and i see it as part of the atmosphere.
  • Good idea
  • Again i dont think we must explain every aspect of every mod and these are kinda optional, you could go refined relocation beside the cobblegen and shouldnt be forced to make xu pipes.
  • In current
  • Again too much mod detail..
  • In current
  • I wonder how many grammar mistakes the overhaul has *glares at Chet*
  • In current
  • Theres a proposal thread on the mym forums i would like to hint you at, since i like community feedback on proposals. https://mineyourmind.net/forum/threads/community-input-for-reward-bags.8788/

Thanks for your feedback! And as Slind explained, we are in beta since we are still adding stuff which of course likes to break existing stuff ;)

Read my thoughts edited into the quote.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
While a number of those suggestions don't need to be made into Quests, I think mentioning them in the book would be a good idea.

Reactions: Caithleen
Status
Not open for further replies.