Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODARR

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack and send out big thanks to Caithleen!!! So I have been looking but honestly do not have the time to read 83 pages. I downloaded the server from FTB so that my kids and I can play together. However I do not understand how, if you can, add the moon base or get the quest book. I realize that when you play on a server like mym, that they have certain things already set up, but I figured that the server download would have an original map to start out with. Am I missing something or do I start out on Earth and work my way to the moon? Honestly I love the quests, but want the ability to only have to worry about my kids on the server. Thanks in advance for any comments or help.--ODARR

GeekerAndy

Jul 29, 2019
I love this pack and send out big thanks to Caithleen!!! So I have been looking but honestly do not have the time to read 83 pages. I downloaded the server from FTB so that my kids and I can play together. However I do not understand how, if you can, add the moon base or get the quest book. I realize that when you play on a server like mym, that they have certain things already set up, but I figured that the server download would have an original map to start out with. Am I missing something or do I start out on Earth and work my way to the moon? Honestly I love the quests, but want the ability to only have to worry about my kids on the server. Thanks in advance for any comments or help.--ODARR

Well, I read most of the 83 pages, and I know for a fact that you start out on the moon. About the map not being there...one of the people of this thread will get to you.
In my opinion, make your own creative place to start on the moon, maybe a special space-themed house with rooms for each of your kids (and yourself), plus a central oxygen area. Also one tree outside. Like in the normal starting maps.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019

The server should have a pre-set world with DIM -28 which is the moon. (And i just saw its missing 112 -.-).

How to create bases, port the player to the moon and such are things the server owner has to solve as it requires server plugins and configurations. And everyone has "their" plugins they want to use ...

For a small party it should suffice to op yourself then /cofh tpx -28 everyone to the moon and spawn in questbooks/oxygen gear. A single base should be avaible near the moon spawn. If you need multiple you could use worldedit to copy it.

For small parties, it might be best to just open to lan. Esp. since you wont have the struggle with some server specific things, like the stargate coords.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I present my ender pearl set up!
java%202015-11-12%2021-14-55-51_zpsgnz0j0bv.jpg

From left to right, Decomposers breaking down Bone>Hydroxlapatite/Phosphate>Jabba Storage(I'm B-Spacing single elements across the whole base)
Then from storage I'm synthing the Carbonate at the back (C03)>Calcium Carbonate>Ender Pearl synth which is supplied from the Fussion reactor below.

Whole set up can be seen here in episode 18 of my 2nd season of playthrough.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Well you should setup forward bases. At least with a way to fly back, better would teleporters. Or set spawn in your moon base with a cryochamber. Its vanilla GC stuff ;)

ESC-open to lan with cheats enabled-/cofh tpx -28 to get back to moon ...

ODARR

Jul 29, 2019
The server should have a pre-set world with DIM -28 which is the moon. (And i just saw its missing 112 -.-).

How to create bases, port the player to the moon and such are things the server owner has to solve as it requires server plugins and configurations. And everyone has "their" plugins they want to use ...

For a small party it should suffice to op yourself then /cofh tpx -28 everyone to the moon and spawn in questbooks/oxygen gear. A single base should be avaible near the moon spawn. If you need multiple you could use worldedit to copy it.

For small parties, it might be best to just open to lan. Esp. since you wont have the struggle with some server specific things, like the stargate coords.

Thanks so much. I will look for all of that. Not trying to set up a big server. Just one for the kids and I to play on. One moon base. Lan is fine, but I also want to access from outside computer for when I travel, so server is best. I appreciate all the help. - ODARR

mjvmine

Jul 29, 2019
Well perhaps I wasn't in the asteroids. I went through the stargate to try to get a tardis to a place where there was asteroid rock and lots of mobs. I did see a blood altar. When I died and respawned I kept popping up in the void, death loop. I didn't realize the stargate would close when I arrived and of course I don't know the coordinates to get back to the moon.

Before this mod pack I've never played GC before so I don't know all the ins and outs.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Well perhaps I wasn't in the asteroids. I went through the stargate to try to get a tardis to a place where there was asteroid rock and lots of mobs. I did see a blood altar. When I died and respawned I kept popping up in the void, death loop. I didn't realize the stargate would close when I arrived and of course I don't know the coordinates to get back to the moon.

Before this mod pack I've never played GC before so I don't know all the ins and outs.

This happened to me also. Luckily, I had enabled 'Utility Mode' so was able to quickly switch to creative and fly up from the void. As for your stargate address, you should have read up on that mod and copied your home address before going through. If you ever get out of the death loop, with cheats enabled you can use '/cofh tpx -28' to get back to moon.

Warmastr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a tad confused. I'm trying to make the solar panel IV and it requires 8 nether stars. I have 5, but I'm not quite certain how I can obtain the helium or the copernicum to make another in minechem as it seems to be a circular reference meaning the only way to obtain it is to decompose a nether star, or items whose recipes include a nether star. If it takes a nether star to make a nether star, when do I get a surplus? Thanks!

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a tad confused. I'm trying to make the solar panel IV and it requires 8 nether stars. I have 5, but I'm not quite certain how I can obtain the helium or the copernicum to make another in minechem as it seems to be a circular reference meaning the only way to obtain it is to decompose a nether star, or items whose recipes include a nether star. If it takes a nether star to make a nether star, when do I get a surplus? Thanks!

Check out the minechem fusion chamber. Fuse hydrogen to helium and decompose cobble to get lead and fuse that with lighter elements to get the copernicum you need.

jay2144

Jul 29, 2019
caithleen i have a few mod ideas for you
sync-might help with the getting stuck on other planets
items will be lost
enhanced portals-so you don't have to use rockets all the time
compact machines-to help with large machine setups

jay2144

Jul 29, 2019
what i suggest you doing is going into single player mode loading up the map you want and getting the amount of books you need and then uploading the world to the server

Beengalas

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the mod but I do wonder if its possible to make it more or a challenge in terms of survival? Specially in the start? For me, almost no mobs spawn, ever. There is never an issue with food. It would be nice if water was added as a variable, kinda like crash landing. And lastly, the temperature. Moon can be as varm as 120c+ and as cold as -120c.

I am enjoying your modpack greatly. Good work!

jay2144

Jul 29, 2019
the point of the modpack is to focus on quest not feeding defending or hydrating yourself it supposed to be laid back and relaxed

Status
Not open for further replies.