[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly does this grue do?

This special grue seems to give you first the blindness-debuff and after a short while, when you're not near a torch, instantly killing you. (so just "Zapp -> dead"), besides that it seems to make your insanity drop really fast.
And it seems it doesn't need to be even near you to inflict all this.

Really an evil easter-egg *nod nod*

philadeos

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had their NEI lighting overlay tool suddenly become non-funtional (F7)? I've checked key-binding conflicts. Also, I notice the clouds change from dark to white when I press F7. I didn't notice any key binding conflicts with Weather 2 mod. F9 (chunk boundaries) are working just fine.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
This special grue seems to give you first the blindness-debuff and after a short while, when you're not near a torch, instantly killing you. (so just "Zapp -> dead"), besides that it seems to make your insanity drop really fast.
And it seems it doesn't need to be even near you to inflict all this.

Really an evil easter-egg *nod nod*
You are likely to be eaten by a grue, if this predicament seems particularly cruel, consider who's fault it could be not a torch or a match in your inventory.

Has anyone else had their NEI lighting overlay tool suddenly become non-funtional (F7)? I've checked key-binding conflicts. Also, I notice the clouds change from dark to white when I press F7. I didn't notice any key binding conflicts with Weather 2 mod. F9 (chunk boundaries) are working just fine.
Yes, someone has noticed that.

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, since the karma is adamant about the fact that I am doing this purely to annoy people, I clearly have to defend myself. I've been around the minecraft modding community since hmod was popular and I do not take being made a fool of lightly. I wasted a bunch of time scanning my map to prove a point, and I could probably keep going until I eventually found a bunker but I think I have wasted enough time.

The displayed area is roughly 2000 x 3000 in dimension, the waypoints only exist for a point of reference because I'm too lazy to make it into one image.

Top Left
n1gJO8p.png

Top Right
gc5iCAd.png

Mid-Top Left
wvzYae6.png

Mid-Top Right
G16cplP.png

Mid-Bottom Left
R0wg8sz.png

Mid-Bottom Right
GcgNwaw.png

Bottom Left
NEXMA0U.png

Bottom Right
p0qNAcP.png

Here is the imgur album if people don't want to bother with the forum images, but the album is not in order.
http://imgur.com/a/EXni5

Just going to say one more thing before I go. I am a good person, and I usually have a positive relationship with mod developers and modpack developers. I have used a lot of mods, played quite a lot of modpacks, and reported many bugs during my time playing minecraft. I seem to be quite good at finding bugs, and the developers I have reported bugs to are very appreciative of the help. I have never experienced a problem like I have with karmacharger. I realize I was not the nicest person to karma, but nothing I said was meant to be taken personally, although he seemed to take it that way. I was only conveying my frustration to the developer, but for whatever reason the lack of logic and poor decisions he has made combined with his misunderstanding of what beta and stable means, seemed to bring out the worst in me. I started blast off looking for a relaxing experience, and instead all I found myself was frustrated and constantly second guessing the developers choices. Perhaps I will come back in a year or so hoping that all of the kinks have been worked out, because the concept is really good and I was having a lot of fun at first.

@karmacharger, if you do not want people complaining on your forums then remove [STABLE] from the title, as my experience was anything but stable, and I didn't even touch the betas. It was very misleading to me, I was under the assumption that this pack was far into development, and instead I ran into performance issues, major bugs, and balance overhauls. Would have never touched it if this was apparent to me at first.

P.S. There is some amazing music which only plays in creative mode, and its a shame that you will never hear it because karma has absolutely no idea why it is even there to begin with.

philadeos

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I did some research about NEI overlay issues. Seems to be related to "Just Another Spawner". Once I disabled JAS, no problem.

philadeos

Jul 29, 2019
@Elysium

Yeah, this mod pack is very promising, but I don't think that anyone would argue that it isn't currently a highly experimental hot mess right now. Just the sheer dramatic changes patch to patch in core gameplay mechanics are evidence enough that this is highly experiemental and evolving.

I think you need to understand that this pack is in its infancy and needs a lot of work before it's ready for fine-point critique. I think you got off on the wrong foot because your expectations were out of step with the reality of its current state of development.

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
@Elysium

Yeah, this mod pack is very promising, but I don't think that anyone would argue that it isn't currently a highly experimental hot mess right now. Just the sheer dramatic changes patch to patch in core gameplay mechanics are evidence enough that this is highly experiemental and evolving.

I think you need to understand that this pack is in its infancy and needs a lot of work before it's ready for fine-point critique. I think you got off on the wrong foot because your expectations were out of step with the reality of it's current state of development.

I am well aware of this now, I just wish that this was apparent from the version number.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, since the karma is adamant about the fact that I am doing this purely to annoy people, I clearly have to defend myself. I've been around the minecraft modding community since hmod was popular and I do not take being made a fool of lightly. I wasted a bunch of time scanning my map to prove a point, and I could probably keep going until I eventually found a bunker but I think I have wasted enough time.

The displayed area is roughly 2000 x 3000 in dimension, the waypoints only exist for a point of reference because I'm too lazy to make it into one image.

Top Left
n1gJO8p.png

Top Right
gc5iCAd.png

Mid-Top Left
wvzYae6.png

Mid-Top Right
G16cplP.png

Mid-Bottom Left
R0wg8sz.png

Mid-Bottom Right
GcgNwaw.png

Bottom Left
NEXMA0U.png

Bottom Right
p0qNAcP.png

Here is the imgur album if people don't want to bother with the forum images, but the album is not in order.
http://imgur.com/a/EXni5

Just going to say one more thing before I go. I am a good person, and I usually have a positive relationship with mod developers and modpack developers. I have used a lot of mods, played quite a lot of modpacks, and reported many bugs during my time playing minecraft. I seem to be quite good at finding bugs, and the developers I have reported bugs to are very appreciative of the help. I have never experienced a problem like I have with karmacharger. I realize I was not the nicest person to karma, but nothing I said was meant to be taken personally, although he seemed to take it that way. I was only conveying my frustration to the developer, but for whatever reason the lack of logic and poor decisions he has made combined with his misunderstanding of what beta and stable means, seemed to bring out the worst in me. I started blast off looking for a relaxing experience, and instead all I found myself was frustrated and constantly second guessing the developers choices. Perhaps I will come back in a year or so hoping that all of the kinks have been worked out, because the concept is really good and I was having a lot of fun at first.

@karmacharger, if you do not want people complaining on your forums then remove [STABLE] from the title, as my experience was anything but stable, and I didn't even touch the betas. It was very misleading to me, I was under the assumption that this pack was far into development, and instead I ran into performance issues, major bugs, and balance overhauls. Would have never touched it if this was apparent to me at first.

P.S. There is some amazing music which only plays in creative mode, and its a shame that you will never hear it because karma has absolutely no idea why it is even there to begin with.
and what happened when you deleted the chunks you didn't want in MCEdit and regenerated them?

philadeos

Jul 29, 2019
I am well aware of this now, I just wish that this was apparent from the version number.

Fair enough. I agree with you on this point. I was a bit surprised myself at first. Fortunately I started checking it out in the middle of a series of radical patch updates, so I figured it out pretty quickly.

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
and what happened when you deleted the chunks you didn't want in MCEdit and regenerated them?
I didn't bother honestly. I realize this could make a difference, but after I was told it was my fault because I didn't try hard enough I had no interest in continuing.

NewbieSpam

Jul 29, 2019
Elysium I am well aware of this now, I just wish that this was apparent from the version number.
Slandering the mod developer isn't the same as constructive criticism or a bug report. Nobody is forcing you to play the modpack, it didn't cost you anything to download or play it, and you really should just not say anything if you can't be positive. You found something you don't like about the modpack, or it's not meeting your needs, so why not do the civil thing and just play something else. These forums do not exist for mod developer bashing. Your post about the issue should be enough. Be respectful of the mod developer as a person, at least, and just let it drop.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't bother honestly. I realize this could make a difference, but after I was told it was my fault because I didn't try hard enough I had no interest in continuing.
If you don't want solutions then I will have to side with karma. Sorry but continuing like this is a little sketchy.

Tsuke13

Jul 29, 2019
So why am I hearing voices and getting blindness at 100% sanity?

Sanity will be a stable 100, then rapidly drop and refill, drop refill. Voldmort voice appears and tells me to kill myself. Sleep doesn't reset it either.

EDIT : I also have Infernal Mobs Disabled, so it's not that somehow.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

Sanity will be a stable 100, then rapidly drop and refill, drop refill. Voldmort voice appears and tells me to kill myself. Sleep doesn't reset it either.

As it seems, this is the doing of an easter-egg-monster from enviromine which only is in effect today (since it's friday 13th).
Tomorow it should be away again (I hope :p)
To protect you from this: Always have a torch with you. Standing on a torch seems the only way to save yourself.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019

It is Pitch Dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

It is Friday the 13th and a grue got loose, stay in lit areas or carry a torch.

philadeos

Jul 29, 2019

And this line is why people don't respond well to you. Criticism should always ENGAGE not DISMISS.

BrowserXL

Jul 29, 2019
I might be wrong about this, but weren't the bunkers added in 1.2.5? When @Elysium is still playing in 1.2.4 (like I do as well since I haven't updated yet) then it wouldn't be a big surprise if no bunkers show up. Have to check the patchnotes again.

EDIT:
Cannot confirm nor deny. The patchnotes are missing in the startpost. I will fly out in a copy map in creative later and see whether I can find a bunker in 1.2.4

Last edited:

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I might be wrong about this, but weren't the bunkers added in 1.2.5? When @Elysium is still playing in 1.2.4 (like I do as well since I haven't updated yet) then it wouldn't be a big surprise if no bunkers show up. Have to check the patchnotes again.
My map started out in like 1.16 or somewhere around then and I found a bunker, the bunker was horribly useless though...

See it here at 8:42, I got lost and couldn't find my home area and found this one thinking it was it, it is only one floor and barely had any loot.

EDIT:
On an unreleased episode in the future I loot the place and find it to be sadly only one floor even though it had an elevator block...?

Feldmanovich_

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, please help me, thank you !

so I want to know where mobs can spawn and where they can't realy easy, in version 1.2.0 I could use F7 (The NEI feature that shows yellow X's and red X's) but since I updated to 1.2.5 I can't use that feature anymore, how can I use it? is it another button? is it disabled ? can I enable it via the config files ? Please please help me, thank you very much !