[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
Hunger.PNG

Not sure why you think sugar is required for food variety, between vanilla crops, fish, and slimes variety isn't hard to come by.

Reactions: immibis

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
The one that looks like our base but its filled with mob spawners and other chests with goods. Like this one I found

Oh, those ruined bases! I found 3 so far, none of them have Sync stuff though. But they are pretty close together, so I wouldn't be suprised to find more there.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, those ruined bases! I found 3 so far, none of them have Sync stuff though. But they are pretty close together, so I wouldn't be suprised to find more there.
I found one and thought it was my home base then walked in and stopped because it was all dark and full of mobs. A couple explosions later I was running xD

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
I found another ruined base! This one has a PneumaticCraft Programmer and an Extra Utilities Ender-Flux Crystal. From the other 3, I found 2 BC Refineries and a thing I cant remember but i think it was from PneumaticCraft as well.

Edit: Found another one. Just a programmer.
Edit: Found yet another one. This one has a Logistics Crafting Table.

Last edited:

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
I found a ruined base with a shell storage! Among other things, but still! Also, I think this area is a colony or something.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry to say I am very disappointed with this modpack, here's why:
1. Bugs, bugs, and bugs
I expect to have less bugs to deal with in a release version of a modpack (v.1.x.x) which is regarded as STABLE, but what I got is bugs followed by bugs. I am making Youtube videos and on average I need to deal with one bugs per video and explain to my viewers why it is an issue. Here's some:
a) Steam Tools are way too inefficient that breaking blocks by hand would be faster
b) Steam Fillers are not rendered probably which caused a bit of lag
c) Using pressurized water with either Ex Nihilo barrel or Archimedes Screw will crash the map
d) Copper Ingot are not interchangeable as shown in the NEI (Other Copper Ingot --> Copper Block --> Flaxbeard's Copper Ingot)
e) Copper Ingot from other mods cannot be used for making brass alloys
I think it is acceptable if the bugs do not occur in the main questline, but four out of five bugs listed above is IN the MAIN QUESTLINE, which makes my experience uncomfortable. It gave me a feeling that you just create the pack in your mind instead of playing all the way through the modpack, or else I think you SHOULD HAVE found the bugs. It is too obvious.
This sort of stuff happens in every pack with alot of mods in it. It's not the mod pack creator's fault, but simply mods crashing when used with each other, and let me tell you with this many mods, it's impossible to test every single interaction as one person.

More examples. The realistic pain mod is giving me way too much troubles (I believe that I have a better pc than 70% of the people). It lagged me out every time I pause the game. The game just purely freezed after I have paused my game for a considerable amount of time. It even crashed on me a few times before I figured out it's something to do with that. Too much for me.
You obviously didn't read the past few pages of this thread, where that was mentioned and told how to fix (remove it). This was a recent bug in 1.2.4 when he updated realistic pain to the newest version, and by no means was it there the whole time. Give him time to fix the issue.

2. Annoying designs

I think Ouroboros pointed the problem.
The modpack is way too tedious (I don't deny that someone may have that patience and interest in it) for people to play with and the designs of the quests are way too inconsiderate. For example the sugar cane seed, you got to choose a reward in a quest which included sugar cane seed, but if you don't choose the seed, you will need a bunch of triple compressed dirts to get one afterwards. I think this has gone beyond the limit. I agree that a modpack would be more interesting if it has some interesting twists, but it is way too inconsiderate to put something crucial ALMOST impossible to get. You need it for crafting in Botania (which is in the main quest). You can't proceed without the sugar.
While I tend to agree with you, lots of people have mentioned solutions. The problem I have with it isn't that I chose food, but instead that I chose cactus seeds because usually those are hard to get. Either way, I'm stuck with either cheating one of the two in or grinding out a ton of dirt. I've just conceded that this is how the mod pack creator wants it, and moving on.

Another example. food variety. SPICE OF LIFE? Installed. But how about PAM'S HARVESTCRAFT? None. I wouldn't say that pam's harvestcraft is necessary to installing Spice of Life, but the food variety is way too little IF YOU DONT HAVE THE SUGAR CANE SEED. It is not the way to punish players by MAKING THE GAME UNPLAYABLE. It took me a lot more time to find out what is the reason for not having enough variety of food. Too bad.
I think spice of life is pointless and easily gamed. Think about it. Melon slices are SO easy to get in bulk, especially with a watering can. You can completely reset your food debt by downing 12 melon slices in a row, making this just a minor issue. (although having pam's harvestcraft WOULD be nice!)

Last edited:

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
I saw a couple in the ruined bases but can't mine (they get destroyed with a pickaxe) or I just don't know how to pick them up.

I just tested with a meteor pick and broke the shell storage and it dropped.

Edit: Also tested shell constructor, it also dropped.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
While I tend to agree with you, lots of people have mentioned solutions. The problem I have with it isn't that I chose food, but instead that I chose cactus seeds because usually those are hard to get. Either way, I'm stuck with either cheating one of the two in or grinding out a ton of dirt. I've just conceded that this is how the mod pack creator wants it, and moving on.
The modpack dev claims that with a fortune 3 hammer you can hammer compressed dirt and get back the dirt you hammered every time.

Honestly, do you even read the posts made by people?
Did you even read what you quoted? I said MAIN thing, sure there will always be outliers but outliers are not the MAIN thing.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack dev claims that with a fortune 3 hammer you can hammer compressed dirt and get back the dirt you hammered every time.

Did you even read what you quoted? I said MAIN thing, sure there will always be outliers but outliers are not the MAIN thing.
You also said "I don't think food variety was mentioned" which is the part he was referring to, and it was mentioned just a few posts above yours.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.2.5
- Ripped weather2 out from modtweaker.zs file
- Updated Pneumaticraft
- Updated EnderIO
- Added Special AI
- Reduced Demons and Blaze masters spawn rates
- Messed with Zombie awareness configs
- Disabled autoChisel
- Removed realistic pain ( cause it was really painful)
- Fixed Enderman quest
- Fixed Server quests @sirloin

BETA test it :https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_WkdYdUZFZGg4RVU/view?usp=sharing

drag your save files out to desktop, delete the feedthebeast/blastoff folder, drag the folder in the zip file into the feedthebeast folder....

Update will come to launcher in a few days or a week...
Testing it myself now. Setting up a private pack for beta tests might be a good way of doing this, or uploading the beta version and keeping the stable release as the "Recommended", so the only people who update are those who manually choose the beta. (not sure if that can be done or not)

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
You also said "I don't think food variety was mentioned" which is the part he was referring to, and it was mentioned just a few posts above yours.
Key word: think

Also please don't double post, there is an edit button for a reason.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Key word: think

Also please don't double post, there is an edit button for a reason.
these were two SEPARATE posts to two different people on two different topics. The general consensus of what a double post is consists of either posting the same thing twice, or posting something on a topic, then posting again to add information to that topic, neither of which I did.

Hadies42

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that is missing is mobs that spawn during the day. The surface is to safe during the day time while exploring.

jakmist70

Jul 29, 2019
umm.. what is the best way to get blaze powder, cause im stuck in the galgadorian guest and can't find any good way to get it