[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
btw, a minor bug with the pack: Since you can't mine copper and zinc ore, there's no way to legitimately get the "esteemed innovation" book from flaxbeard's steam power at the time that you have us doing the steam quests. (you could maybe get some from an orechid, but that's WAY advanced) Perhaps change this recipe to use the smashed ore versions instead of the block ore?
Please press R on esteemed innovation, then press R on copper ore....

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Well because so many are having trouble with getting triple compressed dirt, I'll let out a little secret. Apples can be used to compost into dirt as well. So with that knowledge, vacuum hopper under apple tree going into wooden barrel and a hopper under wooden barrel feeding into a compacting drawer equals very slow but maintenance free dirt generator. And yes I realize this would still take quite awhile but come on free(well a little start up cost) dirt and no sheering or having to delve into botania just to accumulate a lot of dirt for little cost.
And you can get very creative with this such as using fans from openblocks and having apple trees in solid row, and have fans blow the apples all toward one vacuum hopper. Or if you can't manage blaze powder for vacuum hopper. You can allways go the water route and have them flow into one hopper that feeds the barrel and so on and so on. My point being really, get creative lol.

edit: A tip to save on dirt for this dirt farm is once an apple sapling grows you no longer have to have the dirt beneath the trunk.
Indeed. Dirt is surprisingly easy to farm, the only issue is getting it automated in the first place. It needs a lot of space to grow trees/apples. Buildcraft is still very viable for automation, people just forgot about it since it's a little old :p.
Once you have it automated you'll have tons of dirt.
If you don't want to use apples you can use saplings instead and have a Steves Cart wood farm. But it's slower unless you have a big farm. On the upside you'll also get all the logs and charcoal you'll ever need.
You can also grow carrots and use those.

A side note: Fortune enchant is REALLY handy for hammers in this pack. If you take a Fortune 3 hammer to a meteor you'll get a lot more stuff, diamonds especially. Fortune 1 doubles the chance of getting each kind of ore - Fortune 3 quadruples it. Also you'll get a lot more dirt back when you hammer compressed dirt.

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
Soooooo my steves cart has randomly disappeared and I don't know why. I was using it for a tree farm. Any ideas on what happened to it? I'm rather confused and annoyed....

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Soooooo my steves cart has randomly disappeared and I don't know why. I was using it for a tree farm. Any ideas on what happened to it? I'm rather confused and annoyed....
Back in 1.6.4, Steve's carts randomly despawned for who knows what reason. Prolly still happens :(

Altaree

Jul 29, 2019
I just found this pack and have tried loading from the ftb launcher. I have tried all the 1.2 versions and I keep getting this error:
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: Macerator: 8 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: MekCrusher: 6 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: OreRegistration: 11 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: HCCrusher: 9 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: Grind: 4 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: Crusher: 9 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: Smelt: 2 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: GrindFZ: 7 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: Press: 3 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: Inscribe: 8 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: Pulverizer: 8 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: Shapeless: 54 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: Shaped: 195 loaded.
[07:38:44] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Recipes Loading: MekEnrichment: 2 loaded.
[07:38:45] [Client thread/INFO] [AE2:C]: Init ( end 390ms )

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
@karmarcharger As far as I can see now modtweaker crashes because I removed weather2. It crashes because it misses some blocks.
Code:
15:23:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ERROR: ModTweaker.zs:131: Could not resolve <weather2 : WeatherDeflector>
[15:23:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ERROR: ModTweaker.zs:132: Could not resolve <weather2 : WeatherMachine>
[15:23:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ERROR: Error executing ModTweaker.zs: null

Edit: Removed the lines, reloaded the mod, fixed it. No thanks. Maybe you could find a way around this but for now this works. Maybe add this on the frontpage or add a download for this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/opx1c7h3u5dk8bk/ModTweaker.zs

Last edited:

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
I died in the nether with a Sync clone in my Overworld base and... lost my world anyway. Do sync clones need to be chunkloaded or something? Because it really sucks that I just lost a huge amount of progress to what seems to be a bug with Sync :(

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
I died in the nether with a Sync clone in my Overworld base and... lost my world anyway. Do sync clones need to be chunkloaded or something? Because it really sucks that I just lost a huge amount of progress to what seems to be a bug with Sync :(
This modpack backs your world up every 30 minutes. You should have a folder called backups in the minecraft folder inside of blast off folder. If i'm not mistaken that's the location.

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
I found a moderately early way to get a meteor pick. Get a meteor shield (Just to ensure your base isn't destroyed) and let it charge on top of you base. Get a bone pick leveled up (Not sure if you need to level it up, but why not?) and a stone hammer. Wait for a meteor, then kill the alien creepers if any are there. (Remember that alien creepers have a low chance of spawning when mining a meteor block) Get 3 meteor chips and 2 smashed iron chips. (Breaking meteor blocks with a pick has a chance for meteor chips, and hammer gets random smashed ores) Get 8 cobblestone and make a furnace. Smelt the smashed iron and meteor chips. You should get 3 meteor ingots and 2 iron ingots. Make a pick shape with the meteor ingots along the top, and the iron replacing the sticks. You should get a meteor pick, which has a mining level of obsidian. NOTE: You should also get the blacksmith's anvil OR more meteor chips and iron, as the pick only has 900 durability.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.2.5
- Ripped weather2 out from modtweaker.zs file
- Updated Pneumaticraft
- Updated EnderIO
- Added Special AI
- Reduced Demons and Blaze masters spawn rates
- Messed with Zombie awareness configs
- Disabled autoChisel
- Removed realistic pain ( cause it was really painful)
- Fixed Enderman quest
- Fixed Server quests @sirloin

BETA test it :https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_WkdYdUZFZGg4RVU/view?usp=sharing

drag your save files out to desktop, delete the feedthebeast/blastoff folder, drag the folder in the zip file into the feedthebeast folder....

Update will come to launcher in a few days or a week...

Last edited:
Reactions: LarryL

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Well because so many are having trouble with getting triple compressed dirt, I'll let out a little secret. Apples can be used to compost into dirt as well. So with that knowledge, vacuum hopper under apple tree going into wooden barrel and a hopper under wooden barrel feeding into a compacting drawer equals very slow but maintenance free dirt generator. And yes I realize this would still take quite awhile but come on free(well a little start up cost) dirt and no sheering or having to delve into botania just to accumulate a lot of dirt for little cost.

And you can get very creative with this such as using fans from openblocks and having apple trees in solid row, and have fans blow the apples all toward one vacuum hopper. Or if you can't manage blaze powder for vacuum hopper. You can allways go the water route and have them flow into one hopper that feeds the barrel and so on and so on. My point being really, get creative lol.

edit: A tip to save on dirt for this dirt farm is once an apple sapling grows you no longer have to have the dirt beneath the trunk.
Well alright then.

Its meant for people who didnt choose the sugarcane :p, Also you can use apples and with growth craft apple trees and vaccum hoppers its pretty easy to get dirt!
Punishing the people who wanted a food source before realizing that you would be given food left and right?

Indeed. Dirt is surprisingly easy to farm, the only issue is getting it automated in the first place. It needs a lot of space to grow trees/apples. Buildcraft is still very viable for automation, people just forgot about it since it's a little old .
Once you have it automated you'll have tons of dirt.
If you don't want to use apples you can use saplings instead and have a Steves Cart wood farm. But it's slower unless you have a big farm. On the upside you'll also get all the logs and charcoal you'll ever need.
You can also grow carrots and use those.

A side note: Fortune enchant is REALLY handy for hammers in this pack. If you take a Fortune 3 hammer to a meteor you'll get a lot more stuff, diamonds especially. Fortune 1 doubles the chance of getting each kind of ore - Fortune 3 quadruples it. Also you'll get a lot more dirt back when you hammer compressed dirt.
Yeah it is going to take me a while to get used to using BC again...

Yes it needs to be chunkloaded, someone mentioned that earlier.
I'm loving this filler machine from buildcraft.

http://imgur.com/a/Cm74j
Definitely need to get used to using BC again...

It takes 182.25 stacks of leaves or saplings to make 1 triple compressed dirt.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Well alright then.

Punishing the people who wanted a food source before realizing that you would be given food left and right?

Yeah it is going to take me a while to get used to using BC again...

Yes it needs to be chunkloaded, someone mentioned that earlier.
Definitely need to get used to using BC again...
You need to know that you are getting more then just sugar cane seeds .... you also dont lose all the dirt that you spend on it! With fortune 3 you can get back every single piece of dirt!

Swift_slide

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.2.5
- Ripped weather2 out from modtweaker.zs file
- Updated Pneumaticraft
- Updated EnderIO
- Added Special AI
- Reduced Demons and Blaze masters spawn rates
- Messed with Zombie awareness configs
- Disabled autoChisel
- Removed realistic pain ( cause it was really painful)
- Fixed Enderman quest
- Fixed Server quests @sirloin

BETA test it :https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_Z0M3R2NnUkVjNFU/view?usp=sharing

drag your save files out to desktop, delete the feedthebeast/blastoff folder, drag the folder in the zip file into the feedthebeast folder....

Update will come to launcher in a few days or a week...
No thanks for the weather2 fix, :D

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to have some fun, try automating thermalily's with the flood gate without reading up on the floodgate. darn near flooded my whole base with lava.

Turn's out direworlf's design has flaws. messy flaws.