[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
Are different meteors disabled?? I have found 9 meteors, but they are all the same type (Normal) and I want some stuff from different meteors. Wait, make that 10 meteors. Another just fell. It is also normal.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Are different meteors disabled?? I have found 9 meteors, but they are all the same type (Normal) and I want some stuff from different meteors. Wait, make that 10 meteors. Another just fell. It is also normal.

I found one frezarite meteor, as big as the normal one, 5k blocks away from base. (the red radar thing pointed that way). Haven't seen a nether portal or the krekonite or the one with a chest in the middle one yet since 1.2.4.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Only Frezarite meteors are disabled

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
I found one frezarite meteor, as big as the normal one, 5k blocks away from base. (the red radar thing pointed that way). Haven't seen a nether portal or the krekonite or the one with a chest in the middle one yet since 1.2.4.
I'm gonna see if i can find anything in the config file, to see if it's been messed with.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Feel free to test this out :3
Version 1.2.5
- Ripped weather2 out from modtweaker.zs file
- Updated Pneumaticraft
- Updated EnderIO
- Added Special AI
- Reduced Demons and Blaze masters spawn rates
- Messed with Zombie awareness configs
- Disabled autoChisel
- Removed realistic pain ( cause it was really painful)
- Fixed Enderman quest
- Fixed Server quests @sirloin

BETA test it :https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBj-5MfhNG_WkdYdUZFZGg4RVU/view?usp=sharing

drag your save files out to desktop, delete the feedthebeast/blastoff folder, drag the folder in the zip file into the feedthebeast folder....

Update will come to launcher in a few days or a week...

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: Special AI. Wasn't that like in Blood n Bones, where they'd claw their way into your base, destroy torches, crafting tables, benches, walls, anything to get to you? The you got the creepers blowing stuff up because they get frustrated that they can't get to you.

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
I found the config for 1.2.4

# Configuration file

enchantments {
I:"Cold Touch Enchantment ID"=158
I:"Magnetization Enchantment ID"=157
}

general {
# Players can't summon meteors on land protected by other players with a Meteor Shield
B:"Allow Summoned Meteor Grief"=true

# How many veins of meteorite ore per chunk?
I:"Chunk Generation Checks"=4

# Ranges from 0 to 100
I:"Comet Fall Chance"=5

# Allow Frezarite Meteors to Fall?
B:"Frezarite Meteor Enabled"=false

# Ranges from 0 to 100
I:"Kitty Attack Chance"=1

# Allow Kreknorite Meteors to Fall?
B:"Kreknorite Meteor Enabled"=false

# Maximum Size of a falling meteor. Ranges from 1 to 3.
I:"Maximum Meteor Size"=3

# For more info, refer here: http://fallingmeteorsmod.wikia.com/wiki/Falling_Meteors#Configuration
I:"Meteor Fall Deterrence"=100

# When determining where a meteor falls, it chooses within this radius (blocks) of a random player.
I:"Meteor Fall Radius"=350

# This times the meteor's size is how big the explosion will be.
D:"Meteor Impact Explosion Multiplier"=5.0

# This times the meteor size determines how big of an impact the meteor's crater will have to spread ore.
I:"Meteor Impact Spread"=10

# How much ore per vein?
I:"Meteor Ore Gen Size"=15

# Allows a humming sound for the Meteor Shield too happen on occasion.
B:"Meteor Shield Humming Noise Enabled"=true

# Allow Meteorite Meteors to Fall?
B:"Meteorite Meteor Enabled"=true

# The amount of time left until a meteor falls will only tick down at night.
B:"Meteors Only Fall at Night"=false

# Minimum Size of a falling meteor. Ranges from 1 to 3.
I:"Minimum Meteor Size"=2

# When a Kreknorite Meteor falls, if the meteor is this size or bigger, it will generate a nether portal.
I:"Minimum Meteor Size To Spawn Nether Portal"=3

# The range of the meteor shield is determined by this times the shield's power level.
I:"Shield Radius in Blocks"=25

# Setting to false will disallow the creation of Slippery Blocks with the Freezer.
B:"Slippery Blocks Enabled"=true

# Pops up a chat message when a meteor falls.
B:"Text Crash Notification"=false

# Allow Unknown Meteors to Fall?
B:"Unknown Meteor Enabled"=false

# Dimensions that meteors are allowed to naturally fall in. 0 = Surface, 1 = The End, 7 = Twilight Forest
I:"Whitelisted Dimensions" <
>
}

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
I hate festive creepers. Just digging peacefully on the top of a spire and then I get flung off and die.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I think I thought of another good one to use the filler. Clear out that huge skystone meteor then use it as building blocks :D
Do fillers still give you the blocks it removes? They stopped doing that at some point or rather they despawned faster...

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Its meant for people who didnt choose the sugarcane :p, Also you can use apples and with growth craft apple trees and vaccum hoppers its pretty easy to get dirt!

So you're punishing people who didn't make a certain specific choice that you wanted them to make? That's kinda mean. And the whole "triple compressed dirt" thing isn't a good solution; here's why:
That's a massive investment to get a basic material.
Automation is slow in this pack, and the earliest way to do this is slow as heck with vacuum hoppers and apple trees.
Manual dirt creation isn't really an option due to the crazy dirt requirement.
"Fortune hammer" also isn't a good solution given how you'd usually need an obsidian-capable pick and a dip into a dungeon to get the obsidian and book required for the enchanting table (I don't know if enchanting is improved in this pack, so I'll not cite that as a source)
Even if you can get all the dirt back from a triple compressed, the issue is the ENTRY COST. The activation energy if you prefer chemistry analogies.
If someone tries to get non-super slow automation, it'd take a ton of resources; either for Steve's Carts tree farming, or Buildcraft automation.

In short, if someone wants to make sure they won't die from lack of food variety, then you punish them by making the basic resource of sugar cane (and by extension sugar, and paper, and books, and reed whathaveyous, and things derived from them) incredibly difficult to get. This is what I was talking about when I said you punish people for not playing the pack exactly how you want it. They didn't choose sugar cane? Well now they have to grind dirt for a few days so they can make basic items.

It's not fun, it's annoying.

Reactions: immibis

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
"Fortune hammer" also isn't a good solution given how you'd usually need an obsidian-capable pick and a dip into a dungeon to get the obsidian and book required for the enchanting table (I don't know if enchanting is improved in this pack, so I'll not cite that as a source)
For reference, I think this pack has a mod that lets you craft a fortune book and a special enchanting table that lets you forever use the fortune enchantment at the cost of many levels.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
:eek: Special AI. Wasn't that like in Blood n Bones, where they'd claw their way into your base, destroy torches, crafting tables, benches, walls, anything to get to you? The you got the creepers blowing stuff up because they get frustrated that they can't get to you.
Oh man that modpack gave me nightmares. Took me nearly a whole week and dozens of permadeaths just to get to the nether (and of course I died within minutes). Was so much fun though.
I just hope there's no way for zombies to dig and grief your base like there was in BnB. If there is I think this modpack would be legitimately impossible (BnB didn't have infernal mobs, I don't want an epic infernal zombie digging into my bunker...)

This modpack backs your world up every 30 minutes. You should have a folder called backups in the minecraft folder inside of blast off folder. If i'm not mistaken that's the location.
I was playing Hardcore so my world was deleted. I'd rather not savescum either. I'll just learn to not rely on Sync for exploring the nether. :p

Last edited:

aywings

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry to say I am very disappointed with this modpack, here's why:
1. Bugs, bugs, and bugs
I expect to have less bugs to deal with in a release version of a modpack (v.1.x.x) which is regarded as STABLE, but what I got is bugs followed by bugs. I am making Youtube videos and on average I need to deal with one bugs per video and explain to my viewers why it is an issue. Here's some:
a) Steam Tools are way too inefficient that breaking blocks by hand would be faster
b) Steam Fillers are not rendered probably which caused a bit of lag
c) Using pressurized water with either Ex Nihilo barrel or Archimedes Screw will crash the map
d) Copper Ingot are not interchangeable as shown in the NEI (Other Copper Ingot --> Copper Block --> Flaxbeard's Copper Ingot)
e) Copper Ingot from other mods cannot be used for making brass alloys
I think it is acceptable if the bugs do not occur in the main questline, but four out of five bugs listed above is IN the MAIN QUESTLINE, which makes my experience uncomfortable. It gave me a feeling that you just create the pack in your mind instead of playing all the way through the modpack, or else I think you SHOULD HAVE found the bugs. It is too obvious.

More examples. The realistic pain mod is giving me way too much troubles (I believe that I have a better pc than 70% of the people). It lagged me out every time I pause the game. The game just purely freezed after I have paused my game for a considerable amount of time. It even crashed on me a few times before I figured out it's something to do with that. Too much for me.

2. Annoying designs
So you're punishing people who didn't make a certain specific choice that you wanted them to make? That's kinda mean. And the whole "triple compressed dirt" thing isn't a good solution; here's why:
That's a massive investment to get a basic material.
Automation is slow in this pack, and the earliest way to do this is slow as heck with vacuum hoppers and apple trees.
Manual dirt creation isn't really an option due to the crazy dirt requirement.
I think Ouroboros pointed the problem.
The modpack is way too tedious (I don't deny that someone may have that patience and interest in it) for people to play with and the designs of the quests are way too inconsiderate. For example the sugar cane seed, you got to choose a reward in a quest which included sugar cane seed, but if you don't choose the seed, you will need a bunch of triple compressed dirts to get one afterwards. I think this has gone beyond the limit. I agree that a modpack would be more interesting if it has some interesting twists, but it is way too inconsiderate to put something crucial ALMOST impossible to get. You need it for crafting in Botania (which is in the main quest). You can't proceed without the sugar.

Another example. food variety. SPICE OF LIFE? Installed. But how about PAM'S HARVESTCRAFT? None. I wouldn't say that pam's harvestcraft is necessary to installing Spice of Life, but the food variety is way too little IF YOU DONT HAVE THE SUGAR CANE SEED. It is not the way to punish players by MAKING THE GAME UNPLAYABLE. It took me a lot more time to find out what is the reason for not having enough variety of food. Too bad.

At last, I appreciate the effort made by karmanrcharger and the creativity in this modpack, but I would have to say that the modpack is too ill-designed for people to normally play with.
Please fix the game and I would love to try afterwards and show my viewers how fun this modpack will be with better designs and less bugs.

Soda5261

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: Do any quests give you a shell storage? The "Extra Lives" quest gives you a shell constructor, but I haven't found any quests that give a shell storage. (And I know you can respawn at the constructor, but i want a storage)

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: Do any quests give you a shell storage? The "Extra Lives" quest gives you a shell constructor, but I haven't found any quests that give a shell storage. (And I know you can respawn at the constructor, but i want a storage)

I saw a couple in the ruined bases but can't mine (they get destroyed with a pickaxe) or I just don't know how to pick them up.

d) Copper Ingot are not interchangeable as shown in the NEI (Other Copper Ingot --> Copper Block --> Flaxbeard's Copper Ingot)
e) Copper Ingot from other mods cannot be used for making brass alloys

You can use a drawer to convert other copper ingots into Flaxbeard copper ingots. Just need 1 Flaxbeard ingot in the drawer first though.

Oh man that modpack gave me nightmares. Took me nearly a whole week and dozens of permadeaths just to get to the nether (and of course I died within minutes). Was so much fun though.
I just hope there's no way for zombies to dig and grief your base like there was in BnB. If there is I think this modpack would be legitimately impossible (BnB didn't have infernal mobs, I don't want an epic infernal zombie digging into my bunker...)

I'm waiting for 1.7.10 version of BnB :D Hopefully it comes out.