[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I have. Regardless they all will instantly decay. I have just discovered the trick to it though. For anyone having trouble sheering slime leaves, simply place log of wood next to the ones you want to sheer. This keeps them from decaying as if they were normal tree leaves.

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
I may have been wrong about the Logistics Pipes costs before, since it still seems to take a very large amount of power to craft things. (Which may have been your intention, but I doubt it).

Have you tried shearing the outside ones first?
speaking of pipes, anyone know an early way to get lava from a crucible to a tank?

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I have. Regardless they all will instantly decay. I have just discovered the trick to it though. For anyone having trouble sheering slime leaves, simply place log of wood next to the ones you want to sheer. This keeps them from decaying as if they were normal tree leaves.
When I need slime leaves I just get my shears and just kinda hold down left click and move my mouse around to get as many as I can before they disappear. Depending on the tree I normally get around 20ish leaves

exochris

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion about the sugar cane problem is put it as a normal quest reward, but still have the option to pick between the other seeds. No one is going to bother with the triple compressed dirt with only a 20% chance of it happening. That or, do what others said, which is put it in a dungeon chest somewhere.

Also, how to you get more than 6000mb into a vat? I'm trying to make polished titanium rods but it needs 6500mb of fishoil, where the vat only holds 6000mb. Any help on this?

nckheinrich

Jul 29, 2019
A suggestion about the sugar cane problem is put it as a normal quest reward, but still have the option to pick between the other seeds. No one is going to bother with the triple compressed dirt with only a 20% chance of it happening. That or, do what others said, which is put it in a dungeon chest somewhere.

Also, how to you get more than 6000mb into a vat? I'm trying to make polished titanium rods but it needs 6500mb of fishoil, where the vat only holds 6000mb. Any help on this?
the vat is a mutliblock up to 4 vats i think is the max.

Daddy Grindstien

Jul 29, 2019
That makes "Hardened zinc/copper ore", not the same block that is used in the recipe.

So your solution for those of us to get sugar cane is to smash triple compressed dirt (729 dirt) at 20% chance (30% with fortune) to get one? I hate to tell you but if you make basic items too hard to aquire, people will ignore it and just cheat it in, which is exactly what I did. Jumping through unnecessary bottlenecks on basic items does not feel fun.

sounds like an enviromine gas.
YES!!! you are my hero! i crafted a respirator and am now winning again!

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
speaking of pipes, anyone know an early way to get lava from a crucible to a tank?
Place a seared faucet on crucible. Place tank below faucet. And you can put redstone clock beside faucet. I apologize in advance if that's not as early game as you were asking for. Hopper above crucible and you have early semi automated lava gen.

edit: The redstone clock is merely for automating it. My apologies for not being clear before.

Last edited:

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
When I need slime leaves I just get my shears and just kinda hold down left click and move my mouse around to get as many as I can before they disappear. Depending on the tree I normally get around 20ish leaves
4 logs placed right up against the slimy "trunk" right at the top below leaves and you can pretty much get them all, without trying your luck :) I wasn't getting near as lucky as you :(

Last edited:

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
Well because so many are having trouble with getting triple compressed dirt, I'll let out a little secret. Apples can be used to compost into dirt as well. So with that knowledge, vacuum hopper under apple tree going into wooden barrel and a hopper under wooden barrel feeding into a compacting drawer equals very slow but maintenance free dirt generator. And yes I realize this would still take quite awhile but come on free(well a little start up cost) dirt and no sheering or having to delve into botania just to accumulate a lot of dirt for little cost.
And you can get very creative with this such as using fans from openblocks and having apple trees in solid row, and have fans blow the apples all toward one vacuum hopper. Or if you can't manage blaze powder for vacuum hopper. You can allways go the water route and have them flow into one hopper that feeds the barrel and so on and so on. My point being really, get creative lol.

edit: A tip to save on dirt for this dirt farm is once an apple sapling grows you no longer have to have the dirt beneath the trunk.

Last edited:
Reactions: exochris

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
w
Is there some sort of enchant that keeps endermen from teleporting away?
Vinculotus flower (botania) is your best bet. If you have one placed, any time an enderman tries to teleport, the flower forces the enderman to teleport to the flower's location instead. Basically you could fence in the flower to trap them to that spot.

Elysium

Jul 29, 2019
So, I made myself a scythe and put a silky jewel on it and it turns out it can not break blocks. I know it used to be able to, what am I missing here?

Edit: Nevermind... Somehow my game ended up in adventure mode and I was able to use my pickaxe and other tools fine but for whatever reason the scythe didn't work.

Last edited:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
So, I made myself a scythe and put a silky jewel on it and it turns out it can not break blocks. I know it used to be able to, what am I missing here?

Shouldn't you use a TiCon hammer to break blocks 3x3? Scythe is an AoE weapon.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
That makes "Hardened zinc/copper ore", not the same block that is used in the recipe.

So your solution for those of us to get sugar cane is to smash triple compressed dirt (729 dirt) at 20% chance (30% with fortune) to get one? I hate to tell you but if you make basic items too hard to aquire, people will ignore it and just cheat it in, which is exactly what I did. Jumping through unnecessary bottlenecks on basic items does not feel fun.

sounds like an enviromine gas.
Please try hammering a triple compressed dirt with a fortune3 hammer, see what you get....

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
It takes 182.25 stacks of leaves or saplings to make 1 triple compressed dirt.
Its meant for people who didnt choose the sugarcane :p, Also you can use apples and with growth craft apple trees and vaccum hoppers its pretty easy to get dirt!

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to make a tree farm and a cobble farm with 1 cart cargo manager. The miner just took out the tree cutter :(