[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Daddy Grindstien

Jul 29, 2019
karma, I just want to say that as I continue play this pack, despite its technical setbacks (Which are being ironed out) This pack is WILDLY FUN! I love mining the spires with smart movement and my fit! and I noticed that as you go deeper into the dungeons the loot gets better! I think the risk v.s. reward is great! now that I don't spend 90% of my time staying hydrated I'm having a lot of fun raiding dungeons and spires. I still think that the "quest only" items like the meteor shield should either be craftable or repeatable because people do loose things, I have had my Meteor shield and my weather deflector destroyed twice... after that happens you either have to move everything deep underground or restart the whole world, or cheat in a new one, (which is what I do) but i don't want to cheat, I understand you don't want to make it easy... so make it hard! just make it possible! lol overall I think the pack is coming together great! Keep up the good work and thanks for your hard work and diligence.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
no cheats at me.
But no one can prove it is the problem... /:

yes but if i remove it i have to get everyone to remove it and remove it from the server too. it was hard enough getting the thing loaded on my NUC with an mcmyadmin wrapper.
Everyone needs to remove it, it is too lag-inducing.

btw, a minor bug with the pack: Since you can't mine copper and zinc ore, there's no way to legitimately get the "esteemed innovation" book from flaxbeard's steam power at the time that you have us doing the steam quests. (you could maybe get some from an orechid, but that's WAY advanced) Perhaps change this recipe to use the smashed ore versions instead of the block ore?
Or just an HQM reward.

karma, I just want to say that as I continue play this pack, despite its technical setbacks (Which are being ironed out) This pack is WILDLY FUN! I love mining the spires with smart movement and my fit! and I noticed that as you go deeper into the dungeons the loot gets better! I think the risk v.s. reward is great! now that I don't spend 90% of my time staying hydrated I'm having a lot of fun raiding dungeons and spires. I still think that the "quest only" items like the meteor shield should either be craftable or repeatable because people do loose things, I have had my Meteor shield and my weather deflector destroyed twice... after that happens you either have to move everything deep underground or restart the whole world, or cheat in a new one, (which is what I do) but i don't want to cheat, I understand you don't want to make it easy... so make it hard! just make it possible! lol overall I think the pack is coming together great! Keep up the good work and thanks for your hard work and diligence.
Except there is no sugarcane... the modpack dev needs to add some sugarcane seeds in a dungeon chest somewhere for future players.

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
btw, a minor bug with the pack: Since you can't mine copper and zinc ore, there's no way to legitimately get the "esteemed innovation" book from flaxbeard's steam power at the time that you have us doing the steam quests. (you could maybe get some from an orechid, but that's WAY advanced) Perhaps change this recipe to use the smashed ore versions instead of the block ore?
i think you can craft the crushed into the blocks? not practical but it works.

Everyone needs to remove it, it is too lag-inducing.
you ever try to herd kittens?

Last edited:

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I used a laser pointer and it worked very well.
haha you got me there, but unfortunately laser pointers dont work on adult humans, or through the internet. or on servers that dont have a convenient interface for mod additions and removals. x.x

Telanor

Jul 29, 2019
Even since I updated to 1.2.4, my fps drops fairly often, especially when using chests.

I'm having this same problem. Whenever I open the inventory/quest book/NEI for like 30+ seconds, I get a huge fps drop when I close the inventory. I updated from a really old version though so I have no clue what update caused it.

y8ycgl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having this same problem. Whenever I open the inventory/quest book/NEI for like 30+ seconds, I get a huge fps drop when I close the inventory. I updated from a really old version though so I have no clue what update caused it.
as we have said, as well as the mod maker, it is realistic pain. has to do with something called "heartbeat". remove realistic pain and you will be fine. word of god.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
I really need to stop running around at night to farm weapon exp for my tinkers sword and crossbows... I keep running into an epic infernal mob and getting one-shotted :mad: I've already lost 5 worlds this way
Also storm + webbing infernal combo is insanely OP!

Telanor

Jul 29, 2019
as we have said, as well as the mod maker, it is realistic pain. has to do with something called "heartbeat". remove realistic pain and you will be fine. word of god.

Oh, I didn't realize that was the lag people were talking about. I saw a bunch of "disable realistic pain it's laggy" without any explanation.

sniperblade9

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the cleophian digging feesh is not meant to work?

Also, anyone else agree that there should be another way to get sugarcane? I would like it so I can make bookshelves and enchant my armor.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I didn't realize that was the lag people were talking about. I saw a bunch of "disable realistic pain it's laggy" without any explanation.
Not really an explanation needed =b
It is laggy.

Also, anyone else agree that there should be another way to get sugarcane? I would like it so I can make bookshelves and enchant my armor.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:'c
JUST put some sugarcane seeds in a chest in the dungeon somewhere for future players and the old players can cheat them in without feeling like they are cheating! :'c

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Not really an explanation needed =b
It is laggy.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
JUST put some sugarcane seeds in a chest in the dungeon somewhere for future players and the old players can cheat them in without feeling like they are cheating! :'c

Triple compressed dirt....

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
It takes 182.25 stacks of leaves or saplings to make 1 triple compressed dirt.
Or, you know, 1 rod of the Lands

E: And then you take into consideration that you get like what, more than half of the dirt back usually when you sieve it :/

Last edited:

Daddy Grindstien

Jul 29, 2019
OK... I'm at a loss and could use some advice. I came across a ravine while running around and when i got to the bottom there is this poison gas/smoke? stuff just sitting at the bottom... not sure what it is or what mod its from, but its making life unreasonably difficult down there... anybody who can tell me what this stuff is or what mod its from so i could figure out how to get rid of it would be my hero right about now. =)

sniperblade9

Jul 29, 2019
Or, you know, 1 rod of the Lands

E: And then you take into consideration that you get like what, more than half of the dirt back usually when you sieve it :/

It is actually 102 stacks of dirt to get 1 triple compressed dirt. Also, you only have a 30% chance to get the sugarcane. So on average you will have to make 3 or more.
Overall, on average it will take over 19,000 pieces of dirt.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
i think you can craft the crushed into the blocks? not practical but it works.

you ever try to herd kittens?
That makes "Hardened zinc/copper ore", not the same block that is used in the recipe.

Triple compressed dirt....
So your solution for those of us to get sugar cane is to smash triple compressed dirt (729 dirt) at 20% chance (30% with fortune) to get one? I hate to tell you but if you make basic items too hard to aquire, people will ignore it and just cheat it in, which is exactly what I did. Jumping through unnecessary bottlenecks on basic items does not feel fun.

OK... I'm at a loss and could use some advice. I came across a ravine while running around and when i got to the bottom there is this poison gas/smoke? stuff just sitting at the bottom... not sure what it is or what mod its from, but its making life unreasonably difficult down there... anybody who can tell me what this stuff is or what mod its from so i could figure out how to get rid of it would be my hero right about now. =)
sounds like an enviromine gas.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I have to +1 the easier sugar cane suggestion. I took like carrot or potato seeds or whatever from the quest because my highest priority early on in packs like this is food, but I ended up finding tons of food all over the place in dungeons. I feel like I was trolled really hard.

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
When sheering the slime leaves is there a trick so they don't decay before you can get more than one or two?

edit: I have just discovered the trick to it though. For anyone having trouble sheering slime leaves, simply place log of wood next to the ones you want to sheer. This keeps them from decaying as if they were normal tree leaves.

Last edited:

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I may have been wrong about the Logistics Pipes costs before, since it still seems to take a very large amount of power to craft things. (Which may have been your intention, but I doubt it).

When sheering the slime leaves is there a trick so they don't decay before you can get more than one or two?

Have you tried shearing the outside ones first?