[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
The first levels have 5 or 6 netherrack only (unless I missed some of them), the anvil alone needs around 20 (plus a couple iron bars). That leaves a lot of lava+redstone to make the remaining netherrack, then more lava to turn it into Burnt Stones. And has anybody done it manually right when starting out? I wonder how many Minecraft days that takes. :)

If I would really go that route, then I would rather make regular bricks (with infinite water that's not too hard anymore) and then turn those into Burnt Bricks. Cook up the lava while making the clay.
Actually i wont be changing the recipes... you can make burnt brick from regular bricks lol!

RHSean

Jul 29, 2019
Man I love that I got stripe pipes earlish. Going to full out raid the first dungeon and build my mob tower once I've got my new water situation figured out. :D awesome modpack. Will try to play as far as possible. e:p

dvMetamorph

Jul 29, 2019
19tox87501.jpg

Something wrong I see with start map...is it ok? :)

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
To all the people wondering about the fresh water and leaves cider PLEASE READ THIS
-Get hydration Via fresh water/ leaves cider DRINKABLE ONLY WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY, or you can put the fresh water in the camel pack to drink... Leaves cider makes the camel pack dirty so NONONONO PLEASE BE REMINDED FRESH WATER AND LEAVES CIDER ARE STACKABLE IN STACKS OF 64 so if anyone is complaining about how i nerfed camel packs...
THIS IS FOUND ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE.....
I know the feeling... I've had people ask what FighterMobs does, on the same page all features were explained in both plain text and videos >.<
Information that is absolutely critical to gameplay or especially counter-intuitive probably shouldn't be buried in changelogs or hidden on page 192 of a forum thread. People are going to continue to repeat this question (along with the "/hqm quest isn't working!" issue) until the profile is raised on these crucial pieces of knowledge. Being unable to drink cider with a full hunger bar is incredibly counter-intuitive to anyone who's played Minecraft for any length of time: When you right-click while holding a drinkable bottle, and nothing happens, you're absolutely going to assume it's a bug. (It never occurred to me that I should try drinking while I was hungry---I was keeping my hunger meter full with jerky while dying of thirst.)

May I suggest using Enchiridion to provide a "READ ME FIRST" quick-start guide/FAQ that is automatically given to the player when they first log in? Such a guide would include:
  1. How to enable /hqm quest by opening a LAN connection;
  2. What each of the status meters mean (sanity is especially unclear);
  3. How to make "mashed leaves" (it took me a while to realize the reference in the quest book was to an actual craftable item---I thought "mashed leaves" referred to putting Leaf Blocks into a barrel, as if making Dirt);
  4. The need to be hungry in order to hydrate with Leaves Cider;
  5. ... and anything else that might be asked too-frequently on this thread (the great thing about Enchiridion is that its books can be easily updated)

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Information that is absolutely critical to gameplay or especially counter-intuitive probably shouldn't be buried in changelogs or hidden on page 192 of a forum thread. People are going to continue to repeat this question (along with the "/hqm quest isn't working!" issue) until the profile is raised on these crucial pieces of knowledge. Being unable to drink cider with a full hunger bar is incredibly counter-intuitive to anyone who's played Minecraft for any length of time: When you right-click while holding a drinkable bottle, and nothing happens, you're absolutely going to assume it's a bug. (It never occurred to me that I should try drinking while I was hungry---I was keeping my hunger meter full with jerky while dying of thirst.)

May I suggest using Enchiridion to provide a "READ ME FIRST" quick-start guide/FAQ that is automatically given to the player when they first log in? Such a guide would include:
  1. How to enable /hqm quest by opening a LAN connection;
  2. What each of the status meters mean (sanity is especially unclear);
  3. How to make "mashed leaves" (it took me a while to realize the reference in the quest book was to an actual craftable item---I thought "mashed leaves" referred to putting Leaf Blocks into a barrel, as if making Dirt);
  4. The need to be hungry in order to hydrate with Leaves Cider;
  5. ... and anything else that might be asked too-frequently on this thread (the great thing about Enchiridion is that its books can be easily updated)
I am still working on the changelog and hence i have not added it to the OP..... realistically, you will puke if you drink stuff when you are stuffed... XD
Will consider the Enchiridion option

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
How am I supposed to get cobble, ores etc going? I assume I just go down the standard ex nihilo path? There isnt really any helpful information in the quests that I can gather. I don't know whether I'm supposed to go explore the dungeons or if I'm supposed to make an enclosure and start making dirt and cobblestone via ex nihilo, like in Crash Landing / Agrarian Skies.

I cant mine the ores from those clay spires with the magma cubes either so I guess that comes after?

Edit: Just realised the sieve is disabled... so what do I do?