[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Bro.... Flaxbeard is useful now with INFINITE water.... you can make a cobble gen with its rock smasher...... Leaves cider is meant as the early game hydration tool......i made snow thingy harder because it would getting snow is easier as compared to getting mashed leaves....
Karma, I absolutely love your pack. It's challenging, has lots to do and an actual end game to work towards. But a basic design rule is to make a game "easy to learn, hard to master" and all recent changes go into the opposite direction.

Flaxbeard can be used to make cobble, but how much time does it take to get to the point where you can do this basic task? Especially with the rarity of resources and the increased amount of housekeeping required. In the meanwhile you have to mine all the materials for building/extending the base by hand?

Leaves Cinder is not the early hydration tool, it is the ONLY hydration tool for a long time. How many people are going to die on dehydration because they didn't know about it? And when they realize that they have to make the cider, then it takes two days until they get the first finished bottle? Let alone the time necessary to keep a constant supply of saplings/leaves and apples going.
That cinder now counts as food and not as a drink causes other issues. You can't use it unless you are hungry (which will hopefully get fixed), it counts against the initial 50 free meals and how does it work later with SoL? Does it get diminishing returns if we eat/drink it more frequently than SoL allows?

Or the latest Botania changes. For somebody starting with this mod, what does it add to his gameplay if he has to replace the early flowers all the time?

As I said, I think it's an awesome pack. But darn, the latest changes are really frustrating for a new player.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Karma, I absolutely love your pack. It's challenging, has lots to do and an actual end game to work towards. But a basic design rule is to make a game "easy to learn, hard to master" and all recent changes go into the opposite direction.

Flaxbeard can be used to make cobble, but how much time does it take to get to the point where you can do this basic task? Especially with the rarity of resources and the increased amount of housekeeping required. In the meanwhile you have to mine all the materials for building/extending the base by hand?

Leaves Cinder is not the early hydration tool, it is the ONLY hydration tool for a long time. How many people are going to die on dehydration because they didn't know about it? And when they realize that they have to make the cider, then it takes two days until they get the first finished bottle? Let alone the time necessary to keep a constant supply of saplings/leaves and apples going.
That cinder now counts as food and not as a drink causes other issues. You can't use it unless you are hungry (which will hopefully get fixed), it counts against the initial 50 free meals and how does it work later with SoL? Does it get diminishing returns if we eat/drink it more frequently than SoL allows?

Or the latest Botania changes. For somebody starting with this mod, what does it add to his gameplay if he has to replace the early flowers all the time?

As I said, I think it's an awesome pack. But darn, the latest changes are really frustrating for a new player.
Anything that doesnt say DIMINISHING returns = No diminishing returns.... and are you sure people cant make a vat which just needs 7 copper to use fresh water to refill their camel packs?

As for Flaxbeard's rock smasher i see it on par with buildcraft stripped pipes... I disabled buildcraft stripped pipes because it was doing too many things CHEAPly... 10 RF/t doesnt justify a cobble generator if you take a look at the transfer node recipe...

New players would read the hydration quests :3

As for botania... it just means you need to get AN endoflame? I dont see players complaining about combustions engines when their Fuel runs out and they have to go pumping.... why not assume the same concept to the botania changes? It means if you want to rely on infinite mana generating plant you would have to replant them, OR you could use plants that generates mana from lava /charcoal etc and you wont have to remake those...

Last edited:

speedport1502

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesn't run the Server? When I run the FTBInstall it Closes itself imidiatlly and the ServerStart didn't find the FTBServer.jar. Please help me!

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Why doesn't run the Server? When I run the FTBInstall it Closes itself imidiatlly and the ServerStart didn't find the FTBServer.jar. Please help me!
dont run server install.... redownload the server files and ONLY click the server.bat file AFTER you drag all the files in the zip into another folder.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Anything that doesnt say DIMINISHING returns = No diminishing returns.... and are you sure people cant make a vat which just needs 7 copper to use fresh water to refill their camel packs?

As for Flaxbeard's rock smasher i see it on par with buildcraft stripped pipes... I disabled buildcraft stripped pipes because it was doing too many things CHEAPly... 10 RF/t doesnt justify a cobble generator if you take a look at the transfer node recipe...
The Vat works just fine. (And it's actually faster to go into the dungeon. At the second level is the room with the netherwart, there is also enough cobble to make the Vat.) But it needs Bottles of Snow to put into a Vat. How do you get a Blacksmith's Anvil early on to make the snow clumps required for this?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
The Vat works just fine. (And it's actually faster to go into the dungeon. At the second level is the room with the netherwart, there is also enough cobble to make the Vat.) But it needs Bottles of Snow to put into a Vat. How do you get a Blacksmith's Anvil early on to make the snow clumps required for this?
Cook the netheracks in the dungeons to get nether bricks....

Stone barrel + lava + redstone = nether rack

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I think that path is way too harsh for getting your first water. Even with full enchanted kreknorite armour its hard to get to nether level in one piece.
The first level of the dungeon has rooms with eternal fires correct? i wonder what blocks those fires are on.... :p

Your first water is leave cider, the quest reward sustains you long enough untill you have a bunch of leave ciders...

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I literally had to get hit by zombies to get myself hungry to drink the cider. Died when I failed to notice one zombie had a creeper support which 2 hit killed me. >_<
But then again, getting enough cobble to make a vat is easy peasy for an early cobble gen. (it's just 63 cobblestone).

D1JM4RM.png

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Hey man, awesome modpack, I just started playing it :)
Some initial observations / feedback:

• The game can feel counter-intuitive at times - this might just be me being stupid. Took me longer than it should have to get wood since I didnt realise that A: the watering can sped up growth and B: there is no room in the base to grow so you have to go outside which meant I had to wait until daytime to do it. Also took me longer than it should have to figure out how to open the map on LAN so I could enable the quests :p
  • The battle music is REALLY LOUD and sudden, it made me jump out of my skin a few times when a zombie crept up behind me. I ended up disabling it since I didn't like it that much.
  • One of the rewards I got was a wooden lumber axe (Tinkers construct) with Efficiency 5. Tinkers tools can't use enchantments so you might want to make it an axe with Haste modifier instead.

Last edited:

Pandoron

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the .19 server: The serverstart scripts refer to FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar (which should be correct), however, the actual filename is FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar.jar

I assume that the filename should be as referred in the scripts (without a double .jar)? If so, will it be corrected to get rid of potential issues regarding the server start? (Of course, we're able to remove the second .jar but the official server files on FTB should work correctly)

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
The first level of the dungeon has rooms with eternal fires correct? i wonder what blocks those fires are on.... :p
Your first water is leave cider, the quest reward sustains you long enough untill you have a bunch of leave ciders...

The first levels have 5 or 6 netherrack only (unless I missed some of them), the anvil alone needs around 20 (plus a couple iron bars). That leaves a lot of lava+redstone to make the remaining netherrack, then more lava to turn it into Burnt Stones. And has anybody done it manually right when starting out? I wonder how many Minecraft days that takes. :)

If I would really go that route, then I would rather make regular bricks (with infinite water that's not too hard anymore) and then turn those into Burnt Bricks. Cook up the lava while making the clay.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the .19 server: The serverstart scripts refer to FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar (which should be correct), however, the actual filename is FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar.jar

I assume that the filename should be as referred in the scripts (without a double .jar)? If so, will it be corrected to get rid of potential issues regarding the server start? (Of course, we're able to remove the second .jar but the official server files on FTB should work correctly)
Thanks derp on my partP
Hey man, awesome modpack, I just started playing it :)
Some initial observations / feedback:

• The game can feel counter-intuitive at times - this might just be me being stupid. Took me longer than it should have to get wood since I didnt realise that A: the watering can sped up growth and B: there is no room in the base to grow so you have to go outside which meant I had to wait until daytime to do it. Also took me longer than it should have to figure out how to open the map on LAN so I could enable the quests :p
  • The battle music is REALLY LOUD and sudden, it made me jump out of my skin a few times when a zombie crept up behind me. I ended up disabling it since I didn't like it that much.
  • One of the rewards I got was a wooden lumber axe (Tinkers construct) with Efficiency 5. Tinkers tools can't use enchantments so you might want to make it an axe with Haste modifier instead.
Press - button to adjust volume

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
The first levels have 5 or 6 netherrack only (unless I missed some of them), the anvil alone needs around 20 (plus a couple iron bars). That leaves a lot of lava+redstone to make the remaining netherrack, then more lava to turn it into Burnt Stones. And has anybody done it manually right when starting out? I wonder how many Minecraft days that takes.

If I would really go that route, then I would rather make regular bricks (with infinite water that's not too hard anymore) and then turn those into Burnt Bricks. Cook up the lava while making the clay.
Will consider adjusting the recipe

Asurada11

Jul 29, 2019
Cant make snow lump with blacksmith anvil, works in a new world, but when I try to do it in my old world it won't work.
Anyone with the same issue?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason for Mariculture books not working or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

MrOomi1974

Jul 29, 2019
The server 1.1.18/1.1.19 server will not launch.
Problem 1
C:\Users\Matthew Rasmussen\Downloads\BlastOffServer 1.1.19>if NOT EXIST minecraf
t_server.1.7.10.jar (
echo "running install script!"
call FTBInstall.bat
)

C:\Users\Matthew Rasmussen\Downloads\BlastOffServer 1.1.19>echo "make sure to re
ad eula.txt before playing!"
"make sure to read eula.txt before playing!"

C:\Users\Matthew Rasmussen\Downloads\BlastOffServer 1.1.19>java -server -Xms2048
m -Xmx3072m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar FTBS
erver-1.7.10-1231.jar nogui
Error: Unable to access jarfile FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar

C:\Users\Matthew Rasmussen\Downloads\BlastOffServer 1.1.19>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

The FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar file is named FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar.jar
The one of the .jar files needs to be removed from the FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar.jar file name.

Problem 2

Run the command /fml confirm or or /fml cancel to proceed.
Alternatively start the server with -Dfml.queryResult=confirm or -Dfml.queryResu
lt=cancel to preselect the answer.

Type /fml confirm

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
The server 1.1.18/1.1.19 server will not launch.
Problem 1
C:\Users\Matthew Rasmussen\Downloads\BlastOffServer 1.1.19>if NOT EXIST minecraf
t_server.1.7.10.jar (
echo "running install script!"
call FTBInstall.bat
)

C:\Users\Matthew Rasmussen\Downloads\BlastOffServer 1.1.19>echo "make sure to re
ad eula.txt before playing!"
"make sure to read eula.txt before playing!"

C:\Users\Matthew Rasmussen\Downloads\BlastOffServer 1.1.19>java -server -Xms2048
m -Xmx3072m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar FTBS
erver-1.7.10-1231.jar nogui
Error: Unable to access jarfile FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar

C:\Users\Matthew Rasmussen\Downloads\BlastOffServer 1.1.19>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

The FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar file is named FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar.jar
The one of the .jar files needs to be removed from the FTBServer-1.7.10-1231.jar.jar file name.

Problem 2

Run the command /fml confirm or or /fml cancel to proceed.
Alternatively start the server with -Dfml.queryResult=confirm or -Dfml.queryResu
lt=cancel to preselect the answer.

Type /fml confirm

Rename the Jar file