[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bring this up if it's been raised. I'm trying to get a blaze rod to start curing zombies. I've raided a bunker killing everything but the blaze spawner and have begun farming blazes. However, I have 30+ blaze powders but no blaze rods. Nei only shows blaze rods come from blaze fishes. Can someone let me know why that is so thanks.
I'm not certain, but I think you can only get blaze rods from blazes if the player kills them. Don't potions of weakness require fermented spider eyes and water? I think you only need one blaze rod to make the brewing stand, so a farm shouldn't be necessary - a bigger concern should be the gold required and capturing zombie villagers for curing.

Annon19

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not certain, but I think you can only get blaze rods from blazes if the player kills them. Don't potions of weakness require fermented spider eyes and water? I think you only need one blaze rod to make the brewing stand, so a farm shouldn't be necessary - a bigger concern should be the gold required and capturing zombie villagers for curing.

I killed a LOT of blazes and only powder. I killed two blazes in the nether and I get a rod. I wonder if that is a game mechanic. And I of course cheated a little to get my sugar cane seed (save game file break triple compressed dirt - repeat 10 times until I got sugar cane seed).

Now off to bear trap some zombie villagers.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

PrometheanSky

Jul 29, 2019
I killed a LOT of blazes and only powder. I killed two blazes in the nether and I get a rod. I wonder if that is a game mechanic. And I of course cheated a little to get my sugar cane seed (save game file break triple compressed dirt - repeat 10 times until I got sugar cane seed).

Now off to bear trap some zombie villagers.
[/QUOTE]

Bunkers have Blazing Juggernauts (or something like that) which only drop powder. You need a regular blaze for rods. There are a few blaze spawners scattered around the wasteland, and they are of course found in nether fortresses, as is usual.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
What's everyone's favourite way to connect together the various autocrafting steps? Do you build a single setup for each kind of processing step, and use LP or AE to connect them together? Or do you duplicate things as required and connect them with simple pipes? (so that e.g. if three different production lines involve a blacksmith's anvil, you'd have 3 blacksmith's anvils) Or do you shuttle items between machines yourself?

I'm probably going to use Logistics Pipes to automate Galgadorian Metal production, but I want to know if anyone else has a more interesting idea.

(I've decreased LP's power consumption by a factor of about 300, because it was silly for a single crafting operation to drain the entire Logistics Power Junction)

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
What's everyone's favourite way to connect together the various autocrafting steps? Do you build a single setup for each kind of processing step, and use LP or AE to connect them together? Or do you duplicate things as required and connect them with simple pipes? (so that e.g. if three different production lines involve a blacksmith's anvil, you'd have 3 blacksmith's anvils) Or do you shuttle items between machines yourself?

I'm probably going to use Logistics Pipes to automate Galgadorian Metal production, but I want to know if anyone else has a more interesting idea.

(I've decreased LP's power consumption by a factor of about 300, because it was silly for a single crafting operation to drain the entire Logistics Power Junction)
On my first play, I had everything automated with AE.
On my second one, I decided it was to easy and went only with LP. I also reduced LP power consuption. Makes no sense being so high and having AE at the same level of difficulty. Its just a big sign saying use AE instead!

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
On my first play, I had everything automated with AE.
On my second one, I decided it was to easy and went only with LP. I also reduced LP power consuption. Makes no sense being so high and having AE at the same level of difficulty. Its just a big sign saying use AE instead!

The thing is that LP and AE aren't too far off as far as difficulty goes - on a scale of "put everything in a magic box and the end product comes out" to "use plain Buildcraft pipes and vanilla redstone for routing", LP is only a bit further away from the former end than AE is.

I might re-enable the BC autocrafting table, because otherwise the cheapest way to craft things seems to be LP.

Edit: Also, does anyone happen to know why I can only get one block of magical wood per craft, regardless of the enchantments I use or their level?

Edit 2: Do torches no longer set things on fire? They don't seem to. Maybe I accidentally removed the mod with that feature (I removed a few optional-seeming mods to reduce lag, like Battle Music and the one that adds those blood effects)

Last edited:

4lb1n0

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so, sup? I kinda of had a problem here, my blacksmith anvil stopped working can anyone help me? It looks like all of the custom recepies which where added are not working anymore, so i kinda of can't make water from ice and use a very interesting exploit that permits me multiply water bottles from thin air

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so, sup? I kinda of had a problem here, my blacksmith anvil stopped working can anyone help me? It looks like all of the custom recepies which where added are not working anymore, so i kinda of can't make water from ice and use a very interesting exploit that permits me multiply water bottles from thin air
This seems to be a fairly common issue; here are some solutions I am aware of:
1. Ensure you have at least a level of experience. The blacksmith's anvil was designed to use experience to repair equipment, and while the custom recipes might not use any, the anvil will still refuse to work if you don't have any. (It might work with less than one level, but just to be sure...)
2. Restart your session - usually my first attempt to fix any odd/buggy behaviour.
3. Type in "/mt reload" into chat.
If you're still having problems after trying these, post another message - perhaps then someone else could suggest other solutions?

MC_Hoarder

Jul 29, 2019
How to obtain a vanilla diamond pickaxe for crafting the quarry?
Would I expect to find one in a dungeon?
Also how to make silicon for the inscriber?

immibis

Jul 29, 2019

Get lucky with mob drops, or haunted tools, probably. Or maybe it's impossible.

Probably not; I completed a dungeon and didn't find one.

Skystone in a blacksmith's anvil.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Mob farm with cursed earth. Some haunted tools will drop diamond tools including the pick.

My biggest source of iron/gold/diamonds was actually the mob farm with all the diamond tools from haunted tools and armour from infernal mobs.

"Early" game you can make silicon my hammering the ae meteors in the anvil. Late game, just sag mill sand or clay blocks.

MC_Hoarder

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks,
Do you happen to have the coordinates where you found the division sigil for cursed earth?
I've been through a few dungeons havent found much.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks,
Do you happen to have the coordinates where you found the division sigil for cursed earth?
I've been through a few dungeons havent found much.
Only like 200 blocks around the initial base are pre generated. The rest is normal world generation, locations and loot content will be random.

My second play(single player) I found it on some chest.
My first play, was on a server and we wanted angel rings so me and two friends had a lot of 'fun' killing 3 infernal withers in a row.... Two of us died, killed 3, 2-3, we win :p

MC_Hoarder

Jul 29, 2019
Nice. I believe I heard a wither in one dungeon but I haven't found it yet.
Have you gone to the moon in blast off yet?

P

Penguingamer

I cant find the mod pack on the Third-party tab on FTB Launcher could you help????