[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I have ALMOST completed the process for galgadorian and enhanced galgadorian using AE (man i love ME-interfaces and molecular assemblers). The only process that glitches for me is the auto-enchanting of books, because for some reason it doesnt understand how. I tried putting chests next to the thing and make it auto-pull and -eject, but the network still doesnt understand it. Its probably something to do with the metadata, but im not sure....
Yeah... Also had the same issue my first play through.

I think I added a fuzzy card to that crafting recipe but it still behaved weirdly. My recipe was configured to use enchanted books with enchant X. When I asked for the magical wood, if there was no enchanted books in the inventory, it would drop the books into the auto-enchanter, retrieve them with an import bus and would only craft magical wood with the books that actually had enchant X even with the fuzzy card. But, if I cancelled the task and reorder it, it would then work with the enchanted books that were on the ME system. Maybe the auto-crafting system has problems detecting the books being added to the system when the enchant is not the same....

This time, I am using LP auto-crafting(well...was, switching due to some LP limitations that are very annoying) and LP with fuzzy works perfectly for this. Since I manually updated all the mods, this might be fixed on AE or it works on LP because its a recent version.. Dunno. But, if AE still has this issue, I might keep this little piece of automation with LP....

Another way is using the emerald+book to get the, I believe, Flim Flam 1 enchant. This way, the auto-crafted books are always the same and ME can use them to craft magical wood.

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone ever seen a Enderman Slave? I can see the spawn egg in NEI. Would really like to kill one for the quest. I read that you can shackel a normal Enderman, but their is not recipe for that.. Anyone have a clue?

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone ever seen a Enderman Slave? I can see the spawn egg in NEI. Would really like to kill one for the quest. I read that you can shackel a normal Enderman, but their is not recipe for that.. Anyone have a clue?
Normal endermen were endermen slaves, that was an issue for the quest when it used to have you kill regular endermen but none ever spawned.

Phillip Huff

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I'm not sure if this is a pneumaticraft issue or just a general mod compatibility issue. For note, I'm running Blast Off 1.3.3.

I'm trying to do the Mob Slayer quest which suggests using a attack drone to collect 1000 flesh, 1000 bones, and 100 ender pearls. I've got a nice big mob spawner room, and using GPS coordinates I've set the room as the attack location, the item pickup location, and ive demarced a chest as a drop off point. I've tested it a little and the drone does pick up items and bring them to the chest, however the drone has a lot of issues killing mobs.

My flow is Start -> Item Pickup -> Item Dropoff -> Entity Attack (text=@mob). However what i see is that the drone targets an enemy (with the red laser) and just flies around the enemy doing no damage until it runs out of fuel and drops to the ground. It won't refuel until the entity is dead and since it never kills the entity (ie a spider or a zombie) it just dies.

I've tried playing around with the programming settings but to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: upgrading to 1.3.4 did nothing, and i did get it to kill a single mob which crashed the game, but it seems to be random chance whether the drones can cause any damage...

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Are you programming the drone to pick up a sword and attack the mob with it?

you can always ignore the drone doing all the farming and just make a normal mob farm with cursed earth, spikes, vacuum chest and deliver the drops....

Phillip Huff

Jul 29, 2019
So I did some investigation on the Pneumaticcraft github, and apparently the mod has a bad interaction with Battlegear 2. The drone is supposed to be able to attack without a weapon, and I found that if you successfully give a drone a weapon and have him kill a mob, the game crashes. I removed Battlegear 2 (I'll admit I'll miss it a little, but it honestly didn't give that much imo) and now the drone is behaving normally, even attacking without a weapon in its inventory.

Slenos

Jul 29, 2019
So I downloaded this modpack through FTB today. and when I start it I spawn and a couple seconds later I just straight up fall through the floor. And I keep falling. I can't seem to do anything to fix this from in-game, as cheats are disabled and so are the NEI functions for changing gamemode. Anyone else having this problem?

Annon19

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys just having trouble finding mca villagers any help is appreciated thanks heaps. Version 1.3.3.

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys just having trouble finding mca villagers any help is appreciated thanks heaps. Version 1.3.3.
Oh, looking for MCA villagers? As far as I know you can't "find" them, at least as far as I've played (I've only reached the Moon). I believe they used to be found in the nether, but this would have been a few versions ago and have since been removed.

If you wish to have MCA viillagers, there are two ways I know of to get them (apart from just spawning them in):
1. Cure a zombie villager, and hope to get a MCA villager rather than vanilla (testificate)
2. Complete a later-game quest that will give you a spawn egg as a reward (and possibly lost souls although I'm not sure about that one)

I went a bit crazy with curing zombies and I now have ~60 villagers hanging around my base to make it feel more populated and alive. I will warn you that it is all too easy to accidentally hit one, and they can easily become hostile towards you, persisting even if you die and respawn.

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
So I downloaded this modpack through FTB today. and when I start it I spawn and a couple seconds later I just straight up fall through the floor. And I keep falling. I can't seem to do anything to fix this from in-game, as cheats are disabled and so are the NEI functions for changing gamemode. Anyone else having this problem?
It's been a while since I did this, but if I remember correctly, you can open the server from the in-game menu (hitting escape) and from there enable cheats. That should help you to find a way of resolving the other issues by using commands... It might be worth looking through these pages to see if anyone else has had similar issues.

Annon19

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, looking for MCA villagers? As far as I know you can't "find" them, at least as far as I've played (I've only reached the Moon). I believe they used to be found in the nether, but this would have been a few versions ago and have since been removed.

If you wish to have MCA viillagers, there are two ways I know of to get them (apart from just spawning them in):
1. Cure a zombie villager, and hope to get a MCA villager rather than vanilla (testificate)
2. Complete a later-game quest that will give you a spawn egg as a reward (and possibly lost souls although I'm not sure about that one)

I went a bit crazy with curing zombies and I now have ~60 villagers hanging around my base to make it feel more populated and alive. I will warn you that it is all too easy to accidentally hit one, and they can easily become hostile towards you, persisting even if you die and respawn.

Thanks so much for this I've struggled to find an answer.

So I can be clear, I need to make several thousand dirts to hammer to get sugar cane to make fermented spider eye to brew a potion of weakness. I have plenty of gold and Apple so no problem there. Oh and somehow get a blaze rod. Would that be right? Or is there a better way?

Last edited:

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much for this I've struggled to find an answer.

So I can be clear, I need to make several thousand dirts to hammer to get sugar cane to make fermented spider eye to brew a potion of weakness. I have plenty of gold and Apple so no problem there. Oh and somehow get a blaze rod. Would that be right? Or is there a better way?
Yep, that's about right. You can actually get a sugar cane seed as an optional quest reward for one of the early quests, but I had to go through the process of hammering dirt anyway since I didn't choose that! I would strongly advise using a hammer with a high-level fortune enchantment, and remember that you can get some double compressed dirt back anyway when you hammer triple compressed, so you won't necessarily need thousands of dirt blocks.

Blaze rods are actually really easy to get. Blaze spawners are fairly common amongst the scorched wasteland and in bunkers, so you'll probably find some while looking for resources. Plus, unless you are using 1.3.4, you will probably need to explore a large number of bunkers to find a refinery for a later quest. You will almost certainly get a blaze rod in that time!

If you're looking for ways to get a lot of dirt blocks, I could suggest setting up a dirt farm using your apples, buildcraft pipes and wooden barrels for fermenting, or use the rod of the land from botania (and have some way to break and collect it?)

Annon19

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, that's about right. You can actually get a sugar cane seed as an optional quest reward for one of the early quests, but I had to go through the process of hammering dirt anyway since I didn't choose that! I would strongly advise using a hammer with a high-level fortune enchantment, and remember that you can get some double compressed dirt back anyway when you hammer triple compressed, so you won't necessarily need thousands of dirt blocks.

Blaze rods are actually really easy to get. Blaze spawners are fairly common amongst the scorched wasteland and in bunkers, so you'll probably find some while looking for resources. Plus, unless you are using 1.3.4, you will probably need to explore a large number of bunkers to find a refinery for a later quest. You will almost certainly get a blaze rod in that time!

If you're looking for ways to get a lot of dirt blocks, I could suggest setting up a dirt farm using your apples, buildcraft pipes and wooden barrels for fermenting, or use the rod of the land from botania (and have some way to break and collect it?)

Awesome thanks. I shall begin the grind.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
What causes the game to sort of freeze if you hit E and tab out? when I pop the game back up it runs at like 1fps for a while depending on how long I was tabbed then it returns to normal, I get the same thing when I hit Esc and come back except the game runs normally but I can't open anything or place blocks, it eventually catches up and I can open things/place blocks (hitting Esc pauses the game for me, it doesn't continue to run)

Also, any idea what mod changes the movement speed? I removed all the smartmove stuff, myfit due to flying being slower than walking so now flying is fine but walking seems really slow, walking backwards is also really slow, if I was racing a snail while walking backwards or sideways the snail would beat me by a mile

Edit, I did disable Iguana's weight stuff so I don't think that is the cause

I didn't see anyone respond to this question but I'm particularly interested in the second part. I don't like how slow I move when I walk backward, what mod does this?!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
The yogscast express their opinions on KarmaCharger and his pack.
The typical opinion from players that do not prepare themselfs, do not build infrastructure to help gather resources and automate long and grindy process's.

He had like 20 aluminium while making galaticraft machines and was complaining about galgadorian. When I was at that stage, I had drones gathering resources, was converting the chunks to ores so I could double/triple them, I could craft blocks of galgadorian in a couple of seconds and had materials for dozens of blocks... All automated!

So, yes, if you dont waste some time building the infrastructure, late game seems like being incarcerated on a labour camp and only appreciated by sadists :p

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda laughed at their stairway to heaven part but then at least they're honest when they're cheating in stuff.

SpitfireSK

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I encountered small problem while playing. When my speed is boosted, my movement sort of lags (not game). When I turn off smart moving it works fine but how to make it work with it? Thanks for your answers in advance..
PS: I am sure my PC is strong enough. GTX 660 TW2 2GB, 8GB (6 decicated to MC), 4 core processor with 3,2 each.

Annon19

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to bring this up if it's been raised. I'm trying to get a blaze rod to start curing zombies. I've raided a bunker killing everything but the blaze spawner and have begun farming blazes. However, I have 30+ blaze powders but no blaze rods. Nei only shows blaze rods come from blaze fishes. Can someone let me know why that is so thanks.