[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, just made 3 manasteel ignots and i think i have lost the will to live. Too long to make when its the back bone of some many items.
Not all quests are supposed to do in order. Some are supposed to be left on hold until later.

Like the latest botania quests. I only made 2 extra manasteel, so i could complete a quest and receive more manasteel to do some more quests so I could use the rewards to make a sash/ring of magnetization/elven portal. But the late game flowers, I will do that when I have galgadorian fully automated.

Once you automate the complete galgadorian process line, life gets MUCH more easier. And if you optimize it to be fast, its a life change. You go from taking 30-60 mins to make one galgadorian block to making a stack of blocks in 10 mins!

Reactions: mechlsd

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
yeh i here you on that one brother. Spider eggs are the next pain. Rare drop, only ever had one drop so far.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
yeh i here you on that one brother. Spider eggs are the next pain. Rare drop, only ever had one drop so far.
Cursed earth + diamond spikes and you will have full drawers of mob loot in no time. Also a great source of iron and gold!

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

05chancew

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm still early on in the game, only just getting of my own made galgadorian blocks, so I rode off at Mach 3 using a baby spider and my myfit, and I found a huge construction made of end stone, obsidian, nether brick and sand. it is also full of colosusses as well as bound souls and sorcerers. what is this and why is it here to kill me.
My bow can take them, but its a slow process and a bit of a pain but I feel that good loot will be in here, is it worth it?

makina323

Jul 29, 2019
Yup "monster town" tons of iron and other great loot in chests, middle tower is pretty much a suicide even with OP weapons.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
In my experience, the town is not worth it.

It has an insane amount of monsters, obsidian colossus have an 80% dmg reduction and 500 HP so they take ages to kill. Even being clever, avoiding them and destroying the spawners, it takes a long time to clean up. At early game you have no chance and later game, the loot will not be worth...
The time wasted there is much better used quickly cleaning the abandoned bunkers (once you learn the spawners positions, its very easy and fast to dig outside and just remove them). You will get the same town loot.
Once you find a sigil its Sigil -> cursed earth -> manual mob farm with sticks or automated with diamond spikes and you will have all the iron/gold you ever need since infernal mobs drop armour/tools that can be smelted!

The only "good" thing in the town is the middle tower with the blaze spawners. If conquered you can make a nice blaze farm. But even that is not that good. There is a rare chance of generating dunes with 2 blaze spawners, which are way safer or finding a volcano that also has like 5 juggernaut blaze spawners. The thing is, blaze spawners work with higher light levels, juggernaut can spawn at something like 10 or 12 light level, so its very hard to successfully deactivate the spawners in the town without having to destroying them(all air blocks in a 4 block range need to have a light level above 12...). On a vulcano/dune, go during the day... and you are safe.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
In my experience, the town is not worth it.

It has an insane amount of monsters, obsidian colossus have an 80% dmg reduction and 500 HP so they take ages to kill. Even being clever, avoiding them and destroying the spawners, it takes a long time to clean up. At early game you have no chance and later game, the loot will not be worth...
The time wasted there is much better used quickly cleaning the abandoned bunkers (once you learn the spawners positions, its very easy and fast to dig outside and just remove them). You will get the same town loot.
Once you find a sigil its Sigil -> cursed earth -> manual mob farm with sticks or automated with diamond spikes and you will have all the iron/gold you ever need since infernal mobs drop armour/tools that can be smelted!

The only "good" thing in the town is the middle tower with the blaze spawners. If conquered you can make a nice blaze farm. But even that is not that good. There is a rare chance of generating dunes with 2 blaze spawners, which are way safer or finding a volcano that also has like 5 juggernaut blaze spawners. The thing is, blaze spawners work with higher light levels, juggernaut can spawn at something like 10 or 12 light level, so its very hard to successfully deactivate the spawners in the town without having to destroying them(all air blocks in a 4 block range need to have a light level above 12...). On a vulcano/dune, go during the day... and you are safe.
Well don't forget about the endstone and enderlilly seeds!

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Well don't forget about the endstone and enderlilly seeds!
I have to agree - the town/village/whatever-it-should-be-called is really dangerous, but there are some odd materials there that can make it worthwhile to explore them. I ended up smelting down the anvils and iron doors I found, as I'm not very good at setting up mob farms and this was a faster way to get the iron I needed!

By the way fel, would you considering returning to this pack if there were an update? I was hoping to see you launch a rocket to the Moon by the end of your series, but I guess it just became too much of a grind later in the game to get the galacticraft machines.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
By the way fel, would you considering returning to this pack if there were an update? I was hoping to see you launch a rocket to the Moon by the end of your series, but I guess it just became too much of a grind later in the game to get the galacticraft machines.
The problem was that it had been like six or more months and I didn't even have a NASA workbench, I started playing the modpack because of the name implying that I would be in space because I like Galacticraft, and THEN I saw the recipe for the Deep Dark portal... I might be persuaded to return to it I guess? I was more focusing on my Rise of Atlantis series where the ocean has flooded the entire world up to 111 height but the server I wanted to play on is having some firewall issues atm so...

But... Mob farm also have enderman's. :)
Mine doesn't, mine is in the Nether.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Mine doesn't, mine is in the Nether.
But... if I am in the overworld, would the mods despawn immediately in the Nether since there is no player near by?

I was thinking about building a second one in the nether for necrotic bones and wither skulls but I always thought I needed to be in the nether for it to work.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
But... if I am in the overworld, would the mods despawn immediately in the Nether since there is no player near by?

I was thinking about building a second one in the nether for necrotic bones and wither skulls but I always thought I needed to be in the nether for it to work.
I just go to the nether grinder and attract pigmen to the spikes then use magnets to pick up the items.

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the build craft refinery for the fuel quest pls help
You can't craft it, at least not yet. You can only find them as rare items on the lowest floor in the bunkers (common structures with factory blocks). Note that although they are very rare they do exist - I found one in my own world, but I would estimate that I searched around 40 bunkers to get one.

I think it would be fair to introduce a recipe to craft one because relying on luck and persistence is somewhat frustrating. If you search 20 or so bunkers and can't find one I think you should just spawn one in - it's technically cheating, but I can't see an argument for why the modpack would be more enjoyable if you didn't.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the build craft refinery for the fuel quest pls help

You can't craft it, at least not yet. You can only find them as rare items on the lowest floor in the bunkers (common structures with factory blocks). Note that although they are very rare they do exist - I found one in my own world, but I would estimate that I searched around 40 bunkers to get one.

I think it would be fair to introduce a recipe to craft one because relying on luck and persistence is somewhat frustrating. If you search 20 or so bunkers and can't find one I think you should just spawn one in - it's technically cheating, but I can't see an argument for why the modpack would be more enjoyable if you didn't.
Actually, you can craft it! At least on the latest version(not the recommended one).

It requires stirling engines, pistons, gilded iron and pressurized fluid tanks

Shiro4

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, you can craft it! At least on the latest version(not the recommended one).

It requires stirling engines, pistons, gilded iron and pressurized fluid tanks
Oh, okay. I'm using the latest recommended build and I didn't know that. Sounds like a good change to me!

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Not all quests are supposed to do in order. Some are supposed to be left on hold until later.

Like the latest botania quests. I only made 2 extra manasteel, so i could complete a quest and receive more manasteel to do some more quests so I could use the rewards to make a sash/ring of magnetization/elven portal. But the late game flowers, I will do that when I have galgadorian fully automated.

Once you automate the complete galgadorian process line, life gets MUCH more easier. And if you optimize it to be fast, its a life change. You go from taking 30-60 mins to make one galgadorian block to making a stack of blocks in 10 mins!
I have ALMOST completed the process for galgadorian and enhanced galgadorian using AE (man i love ME-interfaces and molecular assemblers). The only process that glitches for me is the auto-enchanting of books, because for some reason it doesnt understand how. I tried putting chests next to the thing and make it auto-pull and -eject, but the network still doesnt understand it. Its probably something to do with the metadata, but im not sure....