[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Which bunker? The stone one or other metal ones? I'll have to go back in creative and check before my next run.

Incidentally, whcih mode is best to play on? I've been using /hqm enable at the start but it doesn't seem to work with sync.
The one I started in when I first played version 1.1.6 of the modpack.
Whether or not the new bunkers have the same glowstone I don't know, sorry. BUT the glowstone IS chiseled and not recognizable in my version and might be the same for you.

Seanbeag

Jul 29, 2019
The one I started in when I first played version 1.1.6 of the modpack.
Whether or not the new bunkers have the same glowstone I don't know, sorry. BUT the glowstone IS chiseled and not recognizable in my version and might be the same for you.

I'm on 1.3.1 now. I found a dungeon with some glowstone in the latest map. Still much easier to get it from the nether portal area.

Edit: Ok I think I figured out the issue. I was playing on a map titled 1.3.3. I downloaded version 1.3.4 of the pack and I got a new map titled 1.3.1. This one seems to have a much different dungeon which does have glowstone in it.

Edit 2: I updated the HQM to the latest. Still doesn't work properly with sync. There are two options. Play on either map with "/HQM enable" and use the sync stuff simply as a spawn point. When you run out of lives you die, even if you have a clone. Or play on the hardcore map and use "/hqm quest" alongside the sync mod. The second one is probably the more immersive but it may be considered OP as it effectively gives infinite lives. The first one basically wastes the sync mod but is more difficult due to the limited lives. Only problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to increase the number of lives. These should be part of quests as far as I know but they aren't.

Last edited:

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 1.3.1 now. I found a dungeon with some glowstone in the latest map. Still much easier to get it from the nether portal area.

Edit: Ok I think I figured out the issue. I was playing on a map titled 1.3.3. I downloaded version 1.3.4 of the pack and I got a new map titled 1.3.1. This one seems to have a much different dungeon which does have glowstone in it.

Edit 2: I updated the HQM to the latest. Still doesn't work properly with sync. There are two options. Play on either map with "/HQM enable" and use the sync stuff simply as a spawn point. When you run out of lives you die, even if you have a clone. Or play on the hardcore map and use "/hqm quest" alongside the sync mod. The second one is probably the more immersive but it may be considered OP as it effectively gives infinite lives. The first one basically wastes the sync mod but is more difficult due to the limited lives. Only problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to increase the number of lives. These should be part of quests as far as I know but they aren't.
There is a Nether portal AREA in the new map? Weird Nether portals were some of the meteors that fell for me.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I know Lockdown is part of it, but I'd be interested to know the rest as well. I too have been playing with an idea for a modpack.
I recommend Millenaire for gen, it has a graphical interface and can have all of its normal stuff disabled to spawn various other things.

Seanbeag

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the latest map and there seems to be no villagers anywhere. I've explored everywhere I can think of in creative but there's none. Do they turn up if you get a high enough rep?

rg808guy

Jul 29, 2019
for some reason when I spawn Im where Im sapode to be then I fall through all the blocks under me and go on for ever

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the latest map and there seems to be no villagers anywhere. I've explored everywhere I can think of in creative but there's none. Do they turn up if you get a high enough rep?
Villagers are supposed to spawn in the Nether according to a post made about seven months ago, but not I nor anyone else I know has stated they have legitimately found villagers in the Nether and the modpack dev has outright stated that villager generation never worked for him in the outer planets like he wanted so we can assume the Nether villagers was scrapped.

What I, and everyone playing legitimately (as far as I know), does is cure testificate zombies to get villagers.

Reactions: Seanbeag

steve135

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if Enviromine has been updated to the latest version in this modpack yet? The bug that stops the stats from updating until a server restart is quite annoying. I was first told here that it was an Enviromine issue however the mods over there say it was patched around 25 versions ago.

Grey_Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if Enviromine has been updated to the latest version in this modpack yet?
BlastOff! 1.3.3 Stable has EnviroMine v1.3.96, it's latest release is 1.3.121 according to their website.

I have no idea if the pack author has another update in the works. You can update mods yourself, just make sure you backup before you do. No telling what updates to certain mods could have a huge impact on the pack.

I think the only mod I've updated so far was Adventure Backpack to 0.8b so it was no longer a chest slot item (now uses it's own special slot). Though that mod is buggy, cause you tend to lose the Backpack and it's contents on death no matter what. I don't keep anything important in it, I just wanted the Ocelot Backpack for it's Creeper repelling ability. It isn't perfect, but it gives you generous time to act.

steve135

Jul 29, 2019
BlastOff! 1.3.3 Stable has EnviroMine v1.3.96, it's latest release is 1.3.121 according to their website.

I have no idea if the pack author has another update in the works. You can update mods yourself, just make sure you backup before you do. No telling what updates to certain mods could have a huge impact on the pack.

I think the only mod I've updated so far was Adventure Backpack to 0.8b so it was no longer a chest slot item (now uses it's own special slot). Though that mod is buggy, cause you tend to lose the Backpack and it's contents on death no matter what. I don't keep anything important in it, I just wanted the Ocelot Backpack for it's Creeper repelling ability. It isn't perfect, but it gives you generous time to act.
OK thanks for replying. I may see if I can update the mod myself then. Should be interesting to see what will happen :)

FYI the bug report I submitted is here:

https://github.com/EnviroMine/EnviroMine-1.7/issues/126

Sephirothrod

Jul 29, 2019
Idk if someone could help me but i would love to play this... my issue is when i move off the elevator you spawn on i fall through the world and i can interact with the chest and the liquid xp but i can't open the hqm book or do /hqm quest and i also can't use the elevator help please!?

Ghennkins

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody managed to port this over to MultiMC? I love MultiMC as it makes managing packs a sinch but Blast Off has been stubborn.

At fresh install, the game loads but worlds will not. It kicks me back to the title screen. The log says there are errors with Buildcraft Additions, so I disable it and try again. Worlds load. No crashes. Stable. I haven't played Blast Off yet but I don't know if Buildcraft Additions is necessary for quests and progression. I even tried updating the mod manually and it didn't help. I'm using forge forge 1456 and Optifine so maybe that's causing the problem? There is a line in the crash log "Incompatible with Optifine" but who in their right mind would make a mod incompatible with Optifine? A major doofus would be my guess. I read the manifest file for the pack and it uses a pretty outdated version of forge (1307). Optifine HD U C1 isn't compatible with such an old forge version (needs 1481+).

Downgrading the forge version and removing optifine lets worlds start and then the game immediately crashes. Log says there is a problem with Buildcraft Additions and Eureka API. Taking out Buildcraft Additions again and the mod pack works.

If anyone has gotten this to work on MultiMC I'd like to know how you did it. Can you play it without Buildcraft Additions?

----UPDATE 1---
I can get it to work but have to use the ancient forge version with no optifine. Using any newer or more recent Forge breaks things. Looks like a neat pack but sacrificing optifine is too much to ask.

---UPDATE 2---
You have to use Forge 1307 and disable Fastcraft to use Optifine with Blast Off

Last edited:

DinantHonings

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing for a while now, off and on. Have gotten to the moon and have reasonable levels of automation, but I just can't get drones to work.

Any time I use the programmer and try to set something up I get just a solid black gui element.

http://tinypic.com/r/1zcl5rt/8

Any suggestions?

Edit: This is from running a clean install of 1.3.3

Last edited:

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, just made 3 manasteel ignots and i think i have lost the will to live. Too long to make when its the back bone of some many items.