[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
It's about balance really, and the point you are trying to make is a type of slight of hand. It's like this: Which is harder to make, one item that costs 100 diamonds, or 10 items that costs 10 diamonds each? They are virtually the same difficulty. You may have lessened the difficulty of making 1 galgadorian metal, but you have greatly increased the amount of recipes it is used in, thus, the difficulty is by no means easier on the whole. But again for the third time, my argument isn't about automation.
Sorry, editted the post read the edit please thanks :3

I made galgadorian the base for machines, automate that and you are good for all the machines you ever want to craft... I dont see whats wrong with making all mekanism/EnderIO machines require them, those are just mods that I want to be in the endgame because their machines are like magic boxes duping ores etc lol!

cemicles

Jul 29, 2019
I must be missing it. How do I produce water in a bucket? Can't seem to do it with snow anymore.

Also I can't find the progression to be able to harvest iron? Do I have to step up using gold tools?

Running 1.2.5

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
See, I'm done with this whole fiasco now. The last few of karmarchargers posts have been in response to the easiest things to respond to, just like what Delerium said. I never ever once ever at all EVER said anything about silicone, but karmarchager is touting it as some form of response to the issues I'm raising, despite how utterly unrelated it is.

Karmarcharger, I suggest you read the following with the most literal-minded literal-mindedness in mind, because I'm going to put it as simply as possible so maybe you'll finally understand, even if you'll completely ignore the topic so you don't look bad trying to justify your own stupidity:

1: You are bad at modpack development. Your pack is highly unstable, and should be noted as such. You obviously never playtest your pack in the slightest, and that's painfully clear. When people give you bug reports and feedback, you're just as likely to ignore anything that's even remotely negative as not. It seems you take every little thing personally and you refuse to listen to any form of criticism, constructive or otherwise.

2: You are, by all appearances, vastly stupid. Point one very much outlines this, and I'll go farther to say that instead of dealing with issues, you prefer to ignore the majority of anyone's argument and try to find the quickest way to make some half-assed bandaid solution to a problem they didn't even have so you can say you're doing something.

3: You seem to think that mindless manual grind is the same as pack longevity and fun. It's not. It's only a way to drive people away from your pack. That you require Galgadorian whatever for virtually every machine beyond the basics is absurd, and no matter how many times it's brought up that that just doesn't work, you put a bandaid on it instead of addressing the damned issue.

Honestly, I think you shouldn't be allowed to make any more modpacks. You have no idea how to listen to anything anyone says, you've no idea how version numbers work, you can't be bothered to playtest your own pack or use stable mods half the time, and all in all, you're the most arrogant little prick I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Maybe once the praise from all the morons who hold the opinion that you could never do any wrong finally gets out of your vastly over-inflated head, then you'll be able to handle the feedback you keep ignoring.

Good day and good bloody riddance.

Carter :p

Jul 29, 2019
Hey when i try to make a world it goes to the main menu and does not work I have tried multiple times please help o_O:(

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I felt that aside from not responding to the harder issues, karma has been taking criticism rather well and in good spirits. Let's not turn this into a bashing match Ouro. Most of your post was completely offensive and in no way constructive.

Ultimately I see GREAT potential in this modpack. I guess I just got a very different pack than what I was expecting when I walked in. By the version number I assumed that the progression and content were nailed down and smoothed out, with only minor bug fixes to be made, but instead I quickly found out that this pack is still in beta form. That's the root of my problems with the pack.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
See, I'm done with this whole fiasco now. The last few of karmarchargers posts have been in response to the easiest things to respond to, just like what Delerium said. I never ever once ever at all EVER said anything about silicone, but karmarchager is touting it as some form of response to the issues I'm raising, despite how utterly unrelated it is.

Karmarcharger, I suggest you read the following with the most literal-minded literal-mindedness in mind, because I'm going to put it as simply as possible so maybe you'll finally understand, even if you'll completely ignore the topic so you don't look bad trying to justify your own stupidity:

1: You are bad at modpack development. Your pack is highly unstable, and should be noted as such. You obviously never playtest your pack in the slightest, and that's painfully clear. When people give you bug reports and feedback, you're just as likely to ignore anything that's even remotely negative as not. It seems you take every little thing personally and you refuse to listen to any form of criticism, constructive or otherwise.

2: You are, by all appearances, vastly stupid. Point one very much outlines this, and I'll go farther to say that instead of dealing with issues, you prefer to ignore the majority of anyone's argument and try to find the quickest way to make some half-assed bandaid solution to a problem they didn't even have so you can say you're doing something.

3: You seem to think that mindless manual grind is the same as pack longevity and fun. It's not. It's only a way to drive people away from your pack. That you require Galgadorian whatever for virtually every machine beyond the basics is absurd, and no matter how many times it's brought up that that just doesn't work, you put a bandaid on it instead of addressing the damned issue.

Honestly, I think you shouldn't be allowed to make any more modpacks. You have no idea how to listen to anything anyone says, you've no idea how version numbers work, you can't be bothered to playtest your own pack or use stable mods half the time, and all in all, you're the most arrogant little prick I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Maybe once the praise from all the morons who hold the opinion that you could never do any wrong finally gets out of your vastly over-inflated head, then you'll be able to handle the feedback you keep ignoring.

Good day and good bloody riddance.
1) Flaming Okay
2) Flaming Okay, However some bugs needs to be fixed on the mod side, i try my best to address the issue -_-
3)Which is why galgadorian recipe has been lowered to address the issue?
4)If you dont like the mods in the pack, please find another pack? I dont understand whats the issue with that?

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Hey when i try to make a world it goes to the main menu and does not work I have tried multiple times please help o_O:(
Restart the client
I must be missing it. How do I produce water in a bucket? Can't seem to do it with snow anymore.

Also I can't find the progression to be able to harvest iron? Do I have to step up using gold tools?

Running 1.2.5
Read the quest on getting ingots, its pass the bone tools quest

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
See, karmarcharger, you take anything said against you and either call it flaming, or shove blame elsewhere. You refuse to even acknowledge that you don't acknowledge the issues people have, despite pages and pages of evidence. And that's why I'm so fed up with you. You don't honestly care about bug fixes, or issues in the pack. You want to be right, and you'll do and say whatever you can to have things your way.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
See, karmarcharger, you take anything said against you and either call it flaming, or shove blame elsewhere. You refuse to even acknowledge that you don't acknowledge the issues people have, despite pages and pages of evidence. And that's why I'm so fed up with you. You don't honestly care about bug fixes, or issues in the pack. You want to be right, and you'll do and say whatever you can to have things your way.
Wellc calling people stupid etc are more of personal attacks that i ignore... Feedbacks and bugs are regularly addressed like what i just did in a post before you . Dont expect me to reply to all feedbacks within one second though, some times a page or 2 generates before I actually reply because i am sleeping, is that unacceptable for you?

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Wellc calling people stupid etc are more of personal attacks that i ignore... Feedbacks and bugs are regularly addressed like what i just did in a post before you . Dont expect me to reply to all feedbacks within one second though, some times a page or 2 generates before I actually reply because i am sleeping, is that unacceptable for you?

You also ignored every issue I raised in my posts in favor of saying I'm flaming you.

Here's one to ignore:

You ignore the fact that you've ignored legitimate issues in favor of unrelated bandaid solutions.

Try ignoring that. Come on, that's like most of my post right there. No personal attacks, just an observation I've made. Ignore it. Go on.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
You also ignored every issue I raised in my posts in favor of saying I'm flaming you.

Here's one to ignore:

You ignore the fact that you've ignored legitimate issues in favor of unrelated bandaid solutions.

Try ignoring that. Come on, that's like most of my post right there. No personal attacks, just an observation I've made. Ignore it. Go on.
Examples of the issues will help :) Thanks

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019

Here's one to ignore:

Make a modpack and share it with us, please. I really would like to see what you come up with.

edit: No ofense to karma just trying to make a point.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
Well, when I was pointing out how people were leaving your pack more and more often, instead of addressing that, you tried to divert attention by saying you'd made it possible to get silicone from iron.
As a corollary, when I pointed out that that's not what the issue was, you only repeated that one could get silicone from iron now, completely ignoring the issue.

Then there was the triple compressed dirt, which it took multiple posts and over a page of back and forth until you finally acknowledged that getting dirt back wasn't the issue, getting the dirt in the first place was. And that was after a long post of mine wherein I ragged you on and on about it and constantly repeated myself, and even pointed out that I'd said the exact same thing before.

Most recently, this is the first time you've acknowledged my claims that you ignore what people say, despite this being very, very far from the first time I or others have said as much.

And @jckiller2089 , maybe I wouldn't make a great pack, but I'd at least check the balance of it and actually listen to and address feedback instead of glazing over it.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Well, when I was pointing out how people were leaving your pack more and more often, instead of addressing that, you tried to divert attention by saying you'd made it possible to get silicone from iron.
As a corollary, when I pointed out that that's not what the issue was, you only repeated that one could get silicone from iron now, completely ignoring the issue.

Then there was the triple compressed dirt, which it took multiple posts and over a page of back and forth until you finally acknowledged that getting dirt back wasn't the issue, getting the dirt in the first place was. And that was after a long post of mine wherein I ragged you on and on about it and constantly repeated myself, and even pointed out that I'd said the exact same thing before.

Most recently, this is the first time you've acknowledged my claims that you ignore what people say, despite this being very, very far from the first time I or others have said as much.

And @jckiller2089 , maybe I wouldn't make a great pack, but I'd at least check the balance of it and actually listen to and address feedback instead of glazing over it.
I cant force players to play my pack .... The silicon thing was addressing a player claim that you must get a sag mill to get silicon

I misinterprated the issue for awhile, and hence when i finally understood it I made it a 100% quest reward?

Any other issue?

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
How, exactly, did you misinterpret the multiple times I told you that it was the entry cost that was the issue, not the dirt return ratio? I'd said it multiple times. And you kept ignoring it. But whatever. I know how this is going to go. The people like me who had high expectations for the pack are just going to quietly stop trying, and the mindless morons will sing your praises and shout down anyone who ever tries to say anything bad about the pack. So you win, bossman. Enjoy your pack, because I doubt that very many other people will.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
How, exactly, did you misinterpret the multiple times I told you that it was the entry cost that was the issue, not the dirt return ratio? I'd said it multiple times. And you kept ignoring it. But whatever. I know how this is going to go. The people like me who had high expectations for the pack are just going to quietly stop trying, and the mindless morons will sing your praises and shout down anyone who ever tries to say anything bad about the pack. So you win, bossman. Enjoy your pack, because I doubt that very many other people will.
The issue has already been addressed so stop bring it up ;/, No one is perfect, mistakes were made.....

jckiller2089

Jul 29, 2019
Hey we're all only human. You got to admit that although he may not get to everything right away he does at least try. There have been other modpacks created and released and just left alone with no one addressing any problems whatsoever. And some of those modpack authors even refused to turn it over so others could continue their work. But those have mainly long since died out.

And not all of us are mindless drones. Some of us try to only give our opinion when we have a possible solution.

And I do understand the frustration behind the stable thing. The title could include something like stable but still in development or still ironing out the kinks. That's my opinion on that.

@Ourpboros Even tho i was being a bit of a smart ellic you may very well could make a decent pack if you have some ideas. Me personally, I am not very up to date with a lot of the mods

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
"silicon from iron" was never feasible, you had a 10% chance to get the dust, then another 10% chance to get the silicon, so a 1% chance, or 1 silicon per 100 iron ores which takes 800 minutes or a bit less than 13.5 hours in a vat. I actually did it once with two full stacks of iron and didn't get a single silicon. But it isn't like vanilla doesn't force progression, you have to make that wood pick even if you are only going to use it to mine the 3 cobble you need for an upgrade, you have to do it the hard way once. doing things differently until you get the SAG mill is just part of a meaningful progression.

Frankly for all the hate, i do applaud Karma for changing the recipes. That is more effort than the packs that try to limit what stuff you can make solely by controlling when you get access to certain materials, or induce difficulty through quantity instead of complexity.

I logged about 40 hours in agrarian skies and never did complete the cobble quest, so from a strictly grind perspective, nobody gets to say agrarian was easier. Agrarian was all about automating and getting huge amounts of stuff. This is different. Also, in Agrarian you didn't have any choices, that's why people were building rooms with a hundred redstone furnaces, they were slow and not upgradable, but you didn't have any other choices.

If you don't want to have a defined progression go play direwolf, HQM's aren't for you.

Material Energy does force you down certain paths simply as a result of material availability

Steve's carts Are upgradeable, there is an upgrade to the constructor that allows you to remove/replace parts.

Ouroboros, I'm sorry that Karma has different play style than you, but you don't have a right to attack Karma that way. You also aren't a paying customer who has any right to demand special attention. You are one of a few people who have only one way you are willing to play, and think that means that every pack has to be your way. Karma has changed a number of things in the past several weeks based on feedback from this thread. Including several things i can trace directly to issues I've raised, with solutions at least based on ideas i've presented. I'm not sure what you expect here.

The Galgador thing has changed and it's way better now. That you continue to fixate on it has devolved to arguing "is not, is too, is not, is too" It just isn't a valid argument anymore, and getting angry won't get more attention. I've found that repeating the argument in different ways and providing a large number of different reasons helps. but your last several posts are all the same "1. that isn't what i said, 2. you are just stupid" you make character attacks instead of offering ideas and solutions. Karma responds well to actual ideas and solutions that keep his theme while offering different routes, though Karma does it his way. Just crying about "how hard it is" does and should get ignored for the most part.

I'm not saying this pack doesn't have problems, but flaming doesn't help anybody. so as a "mindless moron" who is currently taking a break from the pack while things settle, but still trying to contribute to the development in a meaningful way, I ask you to give it a rest already.

Last edited:

cemicles

Jul 29, 2019
Restart the client

Read the quest on getting ingots, its pass the bone tools quest
Thanks for the response but i am still confused.

I need clay to make the bricks. To make clay I need water and dirt in a vat. How do i make buckets of water? :)

Having fun!