[LISTED][1.7.10]BlastOff! [Hardcore/EasyCore, HQM][170++Quests] version 1.3.3STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
See, this is the issue. It's pointed out that there may well be a choice, but only one is feasible early game. Your response is, "Hurr durr, there more than one way hurr durr." As in, you completely ignore what the issue at hand is. So let me restate it yet another time so you may finally understand: Multiple tree farm options aren't the bloody issue. The issue is that, because all but one have infrastructure and advanced material requirements, the only one left standing is the only viable one at early game. Is it clear yet? I recall I had to repeat myself and others over and over again when trying to get you to understand the issue with triple compressed dirt. This is a bloody repeat of that. This is not a good thing. You're ignoring the issue at hand. You're repeating the same "solution" that everyone is telling you isn't a solution at all. This has to stop.

And yeah, I realize I'm a touch late on the subject; I just woke up, but this bugs the heck outta me.
Hey, why dont you use manual tree farms. You can make a darn lumber axe. Ive not needed to chop down a tree specially for the wood since I started the pack. I get enough wood simply from chopping trees for their leaves. By the time you need a ridiculous amount of wood, you can easily make a steves cart tree farmer. This topic sounds to me like an excuse to age, as screaming at the dev for trees is kinda stupid considering you can smash them and water them by hand to get all the wood you will ever need early game. Use some time...dear god not everything is automated at the start -_-

Reactions: Crittenden2

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much for your help !

By the way, can someone explain to me what is it a bunker? is it one of those litle 'hills' that you find around the world? there are chests inside them? and also the dungeonus are realy hard and even with a good armor\bow\sword i can't survive for a while in it, same with the nether, what do you guys use for armor\weapons\potions and etc' ? thank you !
The bunkers are the little hill houses like the one you start out in, yes.

Hey, why dont you use manual tree farms. You can make a darn lumber axe. Ive not needed to chop down a tree specially for the wood since I started the pack. I get enough wood simply from chopping trees for their leaves. By the time you need a ridiculous amount of wood, you can easily make a steves cart tree farmer. This topic sounds to me like an excuse to age, as screaming at the dev for trees is kinda stupid considering you can smash them and water them by hand to get all the wood you will ever need early game. Use some time...dear god not everything is automated at the start -_-
Yeah same here...

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
Flaxbears armor allow flight, early game cobble farm and no XP anvil using the hammer machine.

Try luck III diamond hammer on cold meteor blocks to get tons of resources. To automate resource gathering look for orechid from Botania mod.
What I do for mining is make a steel head/obsidian binding/slime tool rod pickaxe. You can get steel by smelting down the chainmail you get from mobs (as good as highest tier tinkers metals). I mined enough with it to get two modifiers, so I added a silky gem for silk touch and moss balls. From there I literally go silk touch a stack of meteors, then come to my safe base, put my fortune II diamond hammer/pick on my hotbar and the meteors beside it, and then put some paperweight on my mouse's left and right arrow keys XD. That way the blocks are autoplaced because you can place blocks to the right of any tool, and they are also broken with fortune :D I wear my meteor chestplate (I played back when that was an initial item you get) so I pick the drops and then leave my computer on for like 15 minutes. XDDD its fun to watch tho.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019

See, you're ignoring the issue, too. The issue isn't "I just spawned why can't I automate my trees?" The issue is how karmarcharger seems to have one very specific path through this modpack that he wants everyone else to use. The tree farm is just an example thereof.

RojoM

Jul 29, 2019
See, you're ignoring the issue, too. The issue isn't "I just spawned why can't I automate my trees?" The issue is how karmarcharger seems to have one very specific path through this modpack that he wants everyone else to use. The tree farm is just an example thereof.
The quest book isnt something you cling to; It is a guide through parts of the pack. The mod pack creator chooses which mods to incorporate into their pack at their discretion. If you dont like the progression of the quests, then digress from the quest book. There are alternative ways to get through the modpack depending on your objective. The quest book isnt supposed to hold your hand through the modpack and show you everything. Its main purpose is a storyline and helping you get settled. If your goal is complete all the quests, then of course you are locked into a single way through the pack, which is @karmarcharger 's way. And if you want a modpack with many choices (aka no specific path), then get something like TechWorld2 or some other sandbox. Packs cant have everyone's preference in them.

Reactions: felinoel

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
The quest book isnt something you cling to; It is a guide through parts of the pack. The mod pack creator chooses which mods to incorporate into their pack at their discretion. If you dont like the progression of the quests, then digress from the quest book. There are alternative ways to get through the modpack depending on your objective. The quest book isnt supposed to hold your hand through the modpack and show you everything. Its main purpose is a storyline and helping you get settled. If your goal is complete all the quests, then of course you are locked into a single way through the pack, which is @karmarcharger 's way. And if you want a modpack with many choices (aka no specific path), then get something like TechWorld2 or some other sandbox. Packs cant have everyone's preference in them.

See, you're still ignoring the issue. I never said that this had anything to do with the questbook. At all. Ever. I was talking about the ease of early game automation as evidence for the argument that karmarcharger has one specific path he wants everyone else to follow. You're trying to disprove my viewpoint by applying it to things that aren't the issue. Reread what I originally posted about this, and come back and argue once you're aware of what the actual issue is, instead of trying to get me to argue over a different one.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
See, you're still ignoring the issue. I never said that this had anything to do with the questbook. At all. Ever. I was talking about the ease of early game automation as evidence for the argument that karmarcharger has one specific path he wants everyone else to follow. You're trying to disprove my viewpoint by applying it to things that aren't the issue. Reread what I originally posted about this, and come back and argue once you're aware of what the actual issue is, instead of trying to get me to argue over a different one.

It's like complaining that a skyblock-modpack-creator wants everyone to follow the path of using ex nihilo in the beginning...
As it was said before: This is a -themed- modpack, so if you want total freedom you're wrong here. Karmar has a specific path he wants us to follow in the progress of playing: Sure, because this is not a "do what you want"-kitchen-sink-pack. And he already showed a few ways to do the tree farm, yet you still say "There is only 1 and only 1 way we're forced to use" ... even not looking at the tree farm there are for other things more than one way to do things.

Like food farms for me: I have no real use for really automating them (for dirt-production I can use rotten flesh from mobfarm and/or saplings from tree farm). So I'm doing this manually, simply cause I see no real reason to have thousands of wheat in my storage which I never will use anyways.

And again since it's overread so often it seems: This is -not- a kitchen-sink-pack, this is a themed pack. So screaming for "Let us do whatever we want" doesn't work here, for that you need to play another pack which let's you do exactly that.

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
It's like complaining that a skyblock-modpack-creator wants everyone to follow the path of using ex nihilo in the beginning...
As it was said before: This is a -themed- modpack, so if you want total freedom you're wrong here. Karmar has a specific path he wants us to follow in the progress of playing: Sure, because this is not a "do what you want"-kitchen-sink-pack. And he already showed a few ways to do the tree farm, yet you still say "There is only 1 and only 1 way we're forced to use" ... even not looking at the tree farm there are for other things more than one way to do things.

Like food farms for me: I have no real use for really automating them (for dirt-production I can use rotten flesh from mobfarm and/or saplings from tree farm). So I'm doing this manually, simply cause I see no real reason to have thousands of wheat in my storage which I never will use anyways.

And again since it's overread so often it seems: This is -not- a kitchen-sink-pack, this is a themed pack. So screaming for "Let us do whatever we want" doesn't work here, for that you need to play another pack which let's you do exactly that.

First of all, I addressed the multiple-options argument in my original post. There's only one method that's viable early game. And I'm fully aware that this isn't a kitchen sink pack. However, there should still be some options available.

Also, the Ex Nihilo for skyblock analogy is flawed. The difference is that Ex Nihilo has a very low entry cost and can be easily replaced when later-game grinding is available. With Steve's Carts, even a basic woodchopping cart takes tons of iron, as well as coal to run it as well as all the cart managers necessary to support the whole operation. To "upgrade" that requires getting rid of your carts (and the resources you used to get them), tearing up track, and redoing the whole area to best fit the next form of automation. For Ex Nihilo, you can usually add bits to your set up to automate it; when you want to seriously upgrade it, all you ever really have to get rid of are a few sifters and maybe the bits you had automating them, which can then go elsewhere. Besides, the main flaw in the whole Ex Nihilo-analogy argument is that there are few other mods that would allow someone to get started in a skyblock pack. The other options aren't even there, for the most part.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
With the state of flux this pack is in. I don't see the point of people doing videos on it. @PurpleMentat summed it up pretty well yesterday in his Vlog. This pack should still be in the development section.
It's ok, Crash Landing development has stopped simply because there are so many issues like this. Thanks, though.
The pack is pretty much in the same state as crash landing.....

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, I addressed the multiple-options argument in my original post. There's only one method that's viable early game. And I'm fully aware that this isn't a kitchen sink pack. However, there should still be some options available.

Also, the Ex Nihilo for skyblock analogy is flawed. The difference is that Ex Nihilo has a very low entry cost and can be easily replaced when later-game grinding is available. With Steve's Carts, even a basic woodchopping cart takes tons of iron, as well as coal to run it as well as all the cart managers necessary to support the whole operation. To "upgrade" that requires getting rid of your carts (and the resources you used to get them), tearing up track, and redoing the whole area to best fit the next form of automation. For Ex Nihilo, you can usually add bits to your set up to automate it; when you want to seriously upgrade it, all you ever really have to get rid of are a few sifters and maybe the bits you had automating them, which can then go elsewhere. Besides, the main flaw in the whole Ex Nihilo-analogy argument is that there are few other mods that would allow someone to get started in a skyblock pack. The other options aren't even there, for the most part.
AS FAR AS I KNOW, Exnilho doesnt provide you a way to automate chopping the tree down! Its automation is brainless right clicking for 24/7, too easy automation! This pack isnt meant for you to have easy access to automation, this pack wants you to innovate in the way you automate stuff!

Ouroboros

Jul 29, 2019
AS FAR AS I KNOW, Exnilho doesnt provide you a way to automate chopping the tree down! Its automation is brainless right clicking for 24/7, too easy automation! This pack isnt meant for you to have easy access to automation, this pack wants you to innovate in the way you automate stuff!

See, this is the issue. That wasn't what the issue was, I was addressing a poor analogy. In fact, karmarchager, you've helped to point out why that analogy was so terrible. Go back a few pages to my original post about all this (I'd just woken up, you can identify it like that) and then you'll see what the actual issue is.

EDIT: Better yet, here's a direct copy-paste of what I've been referring to so no one has to search back a few pages.

You can get silicon from smelting iron in a crucible furnace

This right here is a massive issue. I was pointing out how people seem to be leaving more and more because of the ridiculous grind. The response? "Hurr durr, you makes the silicons from the irons hurr durr." Not even remotely related to what I was saying.

Support steve's carts all you want, but don't punish people for wanting something different. I think that's the entire problem. You want to control all of the player's choices so they only have one path to go down. YOUR path. You give no options otherwise, and punish the player for trying something different. Add to that you haven't even clearly laid out what path you want them to take, leaving them guessing along the way what to do next (your quests don't lead very well).

Completly agree with you there. My main problem with this pack is the linearity of the progression. I don't feel like I have any choice in which machine I should craft next and that I'm forced to take a predefined path.

It's one thing to want to encourage players to try to use more a certain mod but it's another thing to actually force players to use said mod by disabling any other alternative.

Huh, I've said things to this effect before. Others have said things. I wonder if that means that there may be a real issue with the pack? Naw, karmarcharger's always right, because he's the modpack maker and can do no wrong. (And yeah, just because there are multiple options, that doesn't mean they're all viable at early game. The only early game option to make a tree farm is purely Steve's Carts. It uses basic materials and a cart maker. Flaxbeard's needs a whole steam infrastructure and brass production and Pneumaticaft needs a pressure infrastructure and compressed iron. The only one readily available with no infrastructure required is Steve's Carts; everything else is pretty far from early game.)

Videos above.... These are all choices of tree farms, the player has a choice.... :p

See, this is the issue. It's pointed out that there may well be a choice, but only one is feasible early game. Your response is, "Hurr durr, there more than one way hurr durr." As in, you completely ignore what the issue at hand is. So let me restate it yet another time so you may finally understand: Multiple tree farm options aren't the bloody issue. The issue is that, because all but one have infrastructure and advanced material requirements, the only one left standing is the only viable one at early game. Is it clear yet? I recall I had to repeat myself and others over and over again when trying to get you to understand the issue with triple compressed dirt. This is a bloody repeat of that. This is not a good thing. You're ignoring the issue at hand. You're repeating the same "solution" that everyone is telling you isn't a solution at all. This has to stop.

And yeah, I realize I'm a touch late on the subject; I just woke up, but this bugs the heck outta me.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
See, this is the issue. That wasn't what the issue was, I was addressing a poor analogy. In fact, karmarchager, you've helped to point out why that analogy was so terrible. Go back a few pages to my original post about all this (I'd just woken up, you can identify it like that) and then you'll see what the actual issue is.

EDIT: Better yet, here's a direct copy-paste of what I've been referring to so no one has to search back a few pages.

This right here is a massive issue. I was pointing out how people seem to be leaving more and more because of the ridiculous grind. The response? "Hurr durr, you makes the silicons from the irons hurr durr." Not even remotely related to what I was saying.

Huh, I've said things to this effect before. Others have said things. I wonder if that means that there may be a real issue with the pack? Naw, karmarcharger's always right, because he's the modpack maker and can do no wrong. (And yeah, just because there are multiple options, that doesn't mean they're all viable at early game. The only early game option to make a tree farm is purely Steve's Carts. It uses basic materials and a cart maker. Flaxbeard's needs a whole steam infrastructure and brass production and Pneumaticaft needs a pressure infrastructure and compressed iron. The only one readily available with no infrastructure required is Steve's Carts; everything else is pretty far from early game.)

Do I need to remind you that i added a skystone -> silicon recipe in 1.2.6?

Stevecart only need 1 infrastructure, the cart assembler, then you would just need to gather the materials you need for the dream cart....

The sugar cane issue has already been addressed... the quests now will 100% give you the cane......

Do you not understand that AUTOMATION is not meant to be early game? you are not meant to get easy automation so easily.... stop whining about how automation is late game.... If you want an easy automation setup so that you can afk all day after just playing the pack for an hour, i suggest you go play another kitchen sink pack which lets you do whatever you want!

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I just got online to read up on what has transgressed since my post, and I have to say, you people have digressed so far away from the complaints I had about this mod pack that it isn't even funny. Tree farm? That's not even an issue. I go out and wack a bunch of planted trees with a lumber axe and have enough wood to last me a while. I've never needed to automate it, and that wasn't even my issue. Here's my response to what people have said before:

1. "crash landing does blah blah blah" - who gives a crap what crash landing does or doesn't do? I talk about this mod and how it handles things. I don't care if you could or couldn't do it in crash landing. Is this a sequel? What does crash landing have to do with anything?

2. "this is a themed modpack" - Yeah so are most modpacks in the third party section (almost all of them are). This is the first one I've played that relies on heavily altering so many of the normal recipes. My issue isn't with the fact that there is a linear progression. My issues with the progression are: a) The linear progression is not very clearly lined out (over half of the altered recipes aren't even mentioned in quest lines). b) The linear progression is insanely slow (it should never take a full RL day of grinding to complete one quest. If it does, break that quest down into multiple quests). c) quest rewards along the way are so disappointing that it's not even worth bothering with the progression.

3. "You don't have to follow the quest book" - Then what's the point of this mod then? The appeal of a themed mod pack is to follow the story line, and the quest book IS the story line. Even if you don't follow the quest book, you still have all of the altered recipes and slow progression to deal with.

As I said, I quit playing. I'm re-playing ME^4 right now since I haven't played it since it left beta (last time was 0.7). That mod pack is an example of a quest book done right. They still manage to have a ton of progression, and longevity, without the need to make a ton of recipes harder or alter mods. It has it's own problems, as alot of mod packs do. The point is, karma should look at the weaknesses of his modpack and work on strengthening them.

Edit to respond to recent posts:
Karma, you keep bringing up automation, and automation is NOT the issue. Stop focusing on automation. You altered alot more recipes from ender IO than the easy "automation" recipes, like for instance the power cables, the alloy smelter, the sag furnace, all had their recipes changed. These are NOT automation issues, so stop hiding behind that word!

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
I just got online to read up on what has transgressed since my post, and I have to say, you people have digressed so far away from the complaints I had about this mod pack that it isn't even funny. Tree farm? That's not even an issue. I go out and wack a bunch of planted trees with a lumber axe and have enough wood to last me a while. I've never needed to automate it, and that wasn't even my issue. Here's my response to what people have said before:

1. "crash landing does blah blah blah" - who gives a crap what crash landing does or doesn't do? I talk about this mod and how it handles things. I don't care if you could or couldn't do it in crash landing. Is this a sequel? What does crash landing have to do with anything?

2. "this is a themed modpack" - Yeah so are most modpacks in the third party section (almost all of them are). This is the first one I've played that relies on heavily altering so many of the normal recipes. My issue isn't with the fact that there is a linear progression. My issues with the progression are: a) The linear progression is not very clearly lined out (over half of the altered recipes aren't even mentioned in quest lines). b) The linear progression is insanely slow (it should never take a full RL day of grinding to complete one quest. If it does, break that quest down into multiple quests). c) quest rewards along the way are so disappointing that it's not even worth bothering with the progression.

3. "You don't have to follow the quest book" - Then what's the point of this mod then? The appeal of a themed mod pack is to follow the story line, and the quest book IS the story line. Even if you don't follow the quest book, you still have all of the altered recipes and slow progression to deal with.

As I said, I quit playing. I'm re-playing ME^4 right now since I haven't played it since it left beta (last time was 0.7). That mod pack is an example of a quest book done right. They still manage to have a ton of progression, and longevity, without the need to make a ton of recipes harder or alter mods. It has it's own problems, as alot of mod packs do. The point is, karma should look at the weaknesses of his modpack and work on strengthening them.
3) That was a statement to counter those people whining about how we are forcing everyone to screw with stevecarts...

4) ME^4 is Like agrarian skies, it has way grinderier quests... like "gather 1000000000000 cobblestone" to complete a quest, so dont compare my pack grindiness with it -_-

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
3) That was a statement to counter those people whining about how we are forcing everyone to screw with stevecarts...

4) ME^4 is Like agrarian skies, it has way grinderier quests... like "gather 1000000000000 cobblestone" to complete a quest, so dont compare my pack grindiness with it -_-
4. which can be completely automated with no effort (and even a quest to show how to do it) using a transfer node and a world interaction upgrade. That is not grind if you are not physically doing it yourself. Your pack's grind is all manual.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
4. which can be completely automated with no effort (and even a quest to show how to do it) using a transfer node and a world interaction upgrade. That is not grind if you are not physically doing it yourself.
Exactly my point, a mindless quest.... I dont like making such mindless quests to force players to grind for stuff that they are never going to use, like what 100k buckets of pyrotheum etc.....

I am trying to make my quests to guide players up the tech tree by doing stuff, rather then just handing them rewards for afking.....

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly my point, a mindless quest.... I dont like making such mindless quests to force players to grind for stuff that they are never going to use, like what 100k buckets of pyrotheum etc.....

I am trying to make my quests to guide players up the tech tree by doing stuff, rather then just handing them rewards for afking.....
That's just one example though. The entire pack's quest system is not like that. And once again, you cherry picked the easiest argument you could respond to and ignored the rest of the issues I brought up. Forget about ME^4. Focus on your pack's problems.

Edit: I've brought it up actually at least 3 times now, and I would actually like to hear what you have to respond about issue number 2. That was my main argument all this time.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
That's just one example though. The entire pack's quest system is not like that. And once again, you cherry picked the easiest argument you could respond to and ignored the rest of the issues I brought up. Forget about ME^4. Focus on your pack's problems.
? I only pushed automation to mid/late game for my pack...... Any other problems?

Any early game automation would require creativity, and I would applaud players who use their creativity, examples are steve cart cobble gens etc...

And before you get to the part where i made galgador harder then the original recipe, take a look at the original recipe...
wLAyaBj.png

EDIT:
a) The quest book is explaining progression techniques, Not NEI...
b) Progression is slow only in quests at the 3rd or 4th chapter.... cause its later game? I expect that you would have some infrastructure to mass produce stuff?
c) I have been working hard on that, If you take a look afew post back, there is a quest download link, I have revamped the quest rewards on the first page.....

Last edited:

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
? I only pushed automation to mid/late game for my pack...... Any other problems?

And before you get to the part where i made galgador harder then the original recipe, take a look at the original recipe...
wLAyaBj.png
It's about balance really, and the point you are trying to make is a type of slight of hand. It's like this: Which is harder to make, one item that costs 100 diamonds, or 10 items that costs 10 diamonds each? They are virtually the same difficulty. You may have lessened the difficulty of making 1 galgadorian metal, but you have greatly increased the amount of recipes it is used in, thus, the difficulty is by no means easier on the whole. But again for the third time, my argument isn't about automation.