Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Scum

Jul 29, 2019
haha bad joke I suppose.

Thank you. It's all construction foam from IC2. Most of it placed using the sprayer/CF pellet backpack, then died using bonemeal on a painter. I don't see many people using it, and while it can be a pain to use at times, in my opinion it gives the cleanest, simplest look. As for texture pack pretty sure I'm just using the Faithful texture pack found on these forums.

Construction foam can hide IC2 cables as well, which I'm contemplating doing for ALL my cables, except the different voltages probably would become more of a pain to manage. I was considering hiding them all, and painting the CF to match the embedded cables accordingly, but didn't think I would like the appearance of colored blocks in my "steril" base.

Yea and the colored monitors are from Nuclear Control.

Thanks man, I've been looking for something to build my space station out of and I think I just found it. Something I just found out is that you can paint IC2 cables, which might be useful for you.

Xper

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me what you think.

Outside:

3nwxZfD.jpg

Entrance:
f4iNh8w.jpg

CIrdAb5.jpg

Nuclear and Thermal Gen:
TWWonAD.jpg

3QVASQn.jpg

zJmHTZT.jpg

vXkwHhQ.png
9texHYH.png

Rest of Main floor:
ggkU2kc.jpg

YdTb0dW.jpg

H95JnA6.jpg

bzpudIt.jpg

Basement:
ZE0qUp1.jpg

21ReYIf.jpg

29Jv4uH.jpg

Top Floor:
SqgptM1.jpg

mUNOoJM.jpg

Aaaaand the Quarry Machine:
fayk9RW.jpg

c9YIGGG.jpg

Single player, steam enabled for Nukes (hence the 22 steam turbines). 2 large multifarms harvesting Redwood (can bebe seen in top floor picture) feeding 6 solid fuel boilers (and WAS feeding 2 liquid as well before something went wrong (nerf?)). So other than the thermal generators, and maybe 3 solar panels, everything is steam>turbine for roughly 6000 eu/t. Top and Bottom floors are far from finished. Most everything is automated with AE. Have over 6 pages of recipes in the big Multiblock Autocrafting thingybobber, everything from solar panels and nuclear reactors, to Interdimensional Storage Units.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has. Sorry for the stupid amount of pictures.

Dude, it is awesome. it looks really nice ! wich Texture pack are you using

Reactions: Cubstep12

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. It's all construction foam from IC2. Most of it placed using the sprayer/CF pellet backpack, then died using bonemeal on a painter. I don't see many people using it, and while it can be a pain to use at times, in my opinion it gives the cleanest, simplest look. As for texture pack pretty sure I'm just using the Faithful texture pack found on these forums.

Construction foam can hide IC2 cables as well, which I'm contemplating doing for ALL my cables, except the different voltages probably would become more of a pain to manage. I was considering hiding them all, and painting the CF to match the embedded cables accordingly, but didn't think I would like the appearance of colored blocks in my "steril" base.

Yea and the colored monitors are from Nuclear Control.

Really nicely done! It works really well for such a futuristic look and looks incredibly nice combined with the AE stuff.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Tell me what you think.
I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has. Sorry for the stupid amount of pictures.
Very cool base bro. I like your style. 1 day we may work together :)

For Scum and other interested in Industrial panels, with new versions you can do a lot of nice things...
2013-03-15_01.13.05.png

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Very cool base bro. I like your style. 1 day we may work together :)

For Scum and other interested in Industrial panels, with new versions you can do a lot of nice things...
2013-03-15_01.13.05.png

All I've ever played is single player other than a couple times over LAN. I would definitely like to join up with other players with similar play styles to myself (or not really, thats what makes things interesting), the only thing that really worries me is griefing and making sure the server is playable (little latency/lag).

Those displays looks awesome. VERY much looking forward to using these alongside Gregtechs new multi-block turbines and generators. The Railcraft turbines are becoming very stale looking after placing my 25th one. OOOOoooo I just had a sick idea for those displays, upcoming weather display information (sunny/rain/storm/cats and dogs etc.). Would mostly be for show.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
I would definitely like to join up with other players with similar play styles to myself (or not really, thats what makes things interesting), the only thing that really worries me is griefing and making sure the server is playable (little latency/lag).
I have similar style on my own server but its only for my huge tekkit+FTB+voltz creative project.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/GRGJS

Enjoy my base guys!
I know it aint much, but its something! :)
Ill probably move because I dont know how to make it look pretty :c

Looks like you have a good set up there I like it. Ooo I have an idea, have you ever played ME2? Do you know Jack's loyalty mission, you could make it look like a place that used to be really hightech but has since gone a bit overgrown and now a lone Steve is trying to boot the place up again?

GamerBeast

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like you have a good set up there I like it. Ooo I have an idea, have you ever played ME2? Do you know Jack's loyalty mission, you could make it look like a place that used to be really hightech but has since gone a bit overgrown and now a lone Steve is trying to boot the place up again?

Noup havent played any ME games so I have no idea what you are talking about :c

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Noup havent played any ME games so I have no idea what you are talking about :c

Thats ok. I just thought you could add a few vines and ferns here and there and it would look quite cool (hopefully without deviating too much with what you actually want from your building).
If you are interested here is a link to the ME wiki that has a picture of the Pragia base http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Pragia

Otherwise I hope you find a way to "make it look pretty". I love buildings set into mountainsides.

GamerBeast

Jul 29, 2019
Thats ok. I just thought you could add a few vines and ferns here and there and it would look quite cool (hopefully without deviating too much with what you actually want from your building).
If you are interested here is a link to the ME wiki that has a picture of the Pragia base http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Pragia

Otherwise I hope you find a way to "make it look pretty". I love buildings set into mountainsides.

I have an exceptional love for mountainside bases too but i can never get any ideas. And its killing me from the inside ;___;