Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

Templar Thano

Jul 29, 2019
Where will you have your chest rooms etc? Its a nice build, but kinda small IMO :(

Chest room will be in the main building just behind the workshop wing until I convert over to AE, I mostly put the guts of a build underground or lately in pocket dimensions to keep things looking clean and compact, but you are right it is rather small.
one of the nice things about the design technique I used is that it is very scalable.

one of the most challenging things for me during a build is keeping in mind just how much space I am going to need for all the mods and at the same time keeping things looking nice and space efficient.
I naturally try to make it as small as possible but sometimes you need large open spaces to fit all of your machines, one thing I find with a lot of really nice LOOKING builds is they aren't very space efficient

Edit: if you want to see what happens when i dont do a prebuild in creative http://imgur.com/a/XnPWA

Reactions: Zexks

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
Chest room will be in the main building just behind the workshop wing until I convert over to AE, I mostly put the guts of a build underground or lately in pocket dimensions to keep things looking clean and compact, but you are right it is rather small.
one of the nice things about the design technique I used is that it is very scalable.

one of the most challenging things for me during a build is keeping in mind just how much space I am going to need for all the mods and at the same time keeping things looking nice and space efficient.
I naturally try to make it as small as possible but sometimes you need large open spaces to fit all of your machines, one thing I find with a lot of really nice LOOKING builds is they aren't very space efficient

Edit: if you want to see what happens when i dont do a prebuild in creative http://imgur.com/a/XnPWA

I'm not going to lie. I kinda like that. It could use a FEW little perk ups to make it a little better, but it still looks better than anything I've pulled out of my ass :x

GuildedBlade

Jul 29, 2019
2013-07-03_201407_zpsa3b10ab8.png

just a start on a new build not much. advice?

Templar Thano

Jul 29, 2019
2013-07-03_201407_zpsa3b10ab8.png

just a start on a new build not much. advice?

Oh how I miss my RP2 Marble and Basalt in 1.5.x
first off that build has some potential, as far as advice i can give you the main front section is terribly flat, there is allot you can do to make it have some texture and depth(you would really be surprised how much those two concepts can make a nice build really pop), couple of Ideas would be maybe offset the basalt patterning by one block either forward or back from the marble and as you can tell from looking at the top section, stairs and half slabs can go along way in giving a build some much needed texture. Also don't be afraid to very up the heights and depth of the different sections of the build. Windows and balconies are always a nice touch as well for breaking up the monotony of a large structure

here is a great example of all of the things i covered plus a few more great design techniques i didn't cover
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...oss-a-resonant-rise-building-adventure.24363/
notice how each level slightly differs from the one under it in size giving it depth and texturing on the corners.
another thing to look at is the material/block variations RedBoss used and how he used them.
Saice also gives some Great advice further down in the thread.

here is great thread by Saice that can really help you expand your ideas and skill as a builder:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/this-old-9x9-challange-and-share.25358/

DieNasty

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd post an old Thaumcraft base. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

The main room. A little pinch of creative mode got me the aspects (and everything else :c)
04839960880144607461.png

78668345356149930250.png

The study. Those chests are obsidian chests that I fill with resources. If you use a portable hole on the bookshelf, you'll find an exit.
64301950073688654854.png

Opinions?

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
This is a new base Im working on right now. going for the military hanger style feel.
Update: Got the building painted now looks nice tried to incorporate some pixel art into it. Started moving machines over.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
@Bellaabzug21 Thanks I have slowly just been building on and on my old base and its a mess so I figured it was time to build a new base and convert the old one into a deep storage warehouse.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
@Bellaabzug21 Thanks I have slowly just been building on and on my old base and its a mess so I figured it was time to build a new base and convert the old one into a deep storage warehouse.

I think it'd be cool if you sealed up your factorization setup with a glass pyramid, it'd look much better that way.

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
I think it'd be cool if you sealed up your factorization setup with a glass pyramid, it'd look much better that way.

That is a WIP I'm trying to figure out how many of those setups is required to equal one 36HP boiler. I plan to pretty it up but right now I think I need figure out the steam output.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019

Dragonsama

Jul 29, 2019
I have completed even more now
I have all these rooms going down the length of the building
My main Nuclear Reactor control room
My cheating room of cheatiness
A Laser Assembly room
Enchantment Room
And a Auto Enchanting Room
And a Portal Hub
I have two more rooms to do but am having a difficult time deciding what I want in there, any suggestions.