Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Disclaimer: Sometimes I like to play in creative just to make a nice looking house. I liked this one so much that I decided to kit it out with some machines. They are by and large all spawned in. The house isn't finished because I was itching to move away from 1.4.7 and play with the new mods but the bulk of it is done.

Hello forum. This is my marble palace. I have a bit of a backstory for it. Long ago, a prince ruled over a land stretching far and wide. His name was Rhaegar (I was going through a huge game of thrones phase - and still am, yay). Alas, Rhaegar was murdered in a vile plot cooked up by House Ender and House Ghast. For their sins, the Ghasts were banished to the nether and the Endermen to the end, but Rhaegar's kingdom fell nonetheless. The only remaining inhabitant of castle Rhaegar is Steve. Steve is the latest man in a line of Steves who diligently served Rhaegar's family as caretakers. Steve, now alone, carries his duty on 'til this day.

http://imgur.com/a/MaWxx#0

lahn92

Jul 29, 2019
My WIP base on a private server:
Pack: DW20 (minefactory reloaded was added after world gen)
Seed: whiskey tango foxtrot

check the spoiler for more detail:
tell me what you guys think or if you have suggestions.

aFKULr2.jpg

outside areas:
xjuuk1A.jpg

eNjekNV.png

SiPp3lw.png
machine room:
a2ex1HN.png
ME storage
CamyqHk.png

bee research room:
XFeGCWF.png
bee processing (basement of research)
MUgrAtw.png
BC power gen
gN2y8Kd.png
BC power storage and wireless send of
vmvKdWb.png
ore processing
muAidDw.png
farm
615FDaY.jpg
Large underground cave under/inside the volcano. was my starting house, will be used for TC3 later.
4wzTnh6.jpg

RNLr7lI.png

lahn92

Jul 29, 2019

Xper

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's from Railcraft. Version 7.1.0.0 (for MC 1.5.1/1.5.2) added seven different colors of decorative blocks, such as quarried and abyssal. And "blood stained," which I'm using heavily in my Magic room:

View attachment 5174View attachment 5176View attachment 5177
View attachment 5175

Eventually I'll expand the corner behind that crucible in the last picture into another area for Ars Magica stuff.
Which modpack are you using ?? Those blocks looks fabulous *.*

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Which modpack are you using ?? Those blocks looks fabulous *.*
No modpack or texturepack. I installed the mods I'm using on my own since I started playing 1.5.2 before the FTB beta packs were available. Regular vanilla textures, too. The blocks are all from Railcraft, and are probably available in the 1.5.2 beta packs, but not in any other FTB modpacks since they were added after Railcraft moved to Minecraft 1.5. The posts in the corners are also Railcraft blocks, but cut up with Immibis Microblocks (although I suppose I could've used regular Railcraft posts instead).

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
I made a little hunter outpost to go hunt mobs if I feel like it to go along with my main base
2013-06-19_00.04.44.png
entrance
2013-06-19_00.05.24.png
common room
2013-06-19_00.05.34.png
weapons room
2013-06-19_00.10.26.png
sleeping room
2013-06-19_00.11.07.png
under the house

Reactions: arthahar

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me what you think.

Outside:

Entrance:
f4iNh8w.jpg

CIrdAb5.jpg

Nuclear and Thermal Gen:
TWWonAD.jpg

3QVASQn.jpg

zJmHTZT.jpg

vXkwHhQ.png
9texHYH.png

Rest of Main floor:
ggkU2kc.jpg

YdTb0dW.jpg

H95JnA6.jpg

bzpudIt.jpg

Basement:
ZE0qUp1.jpg

21ReYIf.jpg

29Jv4uH.jpg

Top Floor:
SqgptM1.jpg

mUNOoJM.jpg

Aaaaand the Quarry Machine:
fayk9RW.jpg

c9YIGGG.jpg

Single player, steam enabled for Nukes (hence the 22 steam turbines). 2 large multifarms harvesting Redwood (can bebe seen in top floor picture) feeding 6 solid fuel boilers (and WAS feeding 2 liquid as well before something went wrong (nerf?)). So other than the thermal generators, and maybe 3 solar panels, everything is steam>turbine for roughly 6000 eu/t. Top and Bottom floors are far from finished. Most everything is automated with AE. Have over 6 pages of recipes in the big Multiblock Autocrafting thingybobber, everything from solar panels and nuclear reactors, to Interdimensional Storage Units.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has. Sorry for the stupid amount of pictures.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me what you think.

Outside:

Entrance:
f4iNh8w.jpg

CIrdAb5.jpg

Nuclear and Thermal Gen:
TWWonAD.jpg

3QVASQn.jpg

zJmHTZT.jpg

vXkwHhQ.png
9texHYH.png

Rest of Main floor:
ggkU2kc.jpg

YdTb0dW.jpg

H95JnA6.jpg

bzpudIt.jpg

Basement:
ZE0qUp1.jpg

21ReYIf.jpg

29Jv4uH.jpg

Top Floor:
SqgptM1.jpg

mUNOoJM.jpg

fayk9RW.jpg

c9YIGGG.jpg

Single player, steam enabled for Nukes (hence the 22 steam turbines). 2 large multifarms harvesting Redwood (can bebe seen in top floor picture) feeding 6 solid fuel boilers (and WAS feeding 2 liquid as well before something went wrong (nerf?)). So other than the thermal generators, and maybe 3 solar panels, everything is steam>turbine for roughly 6000 eu/t. Top and Bottom floors are far from finished. Most everything is automated with AE. Have over 6 pages of recipes in the big Multiblock Autocrafting thingybobber, everything from solar panels and nuclear reactors, to Interdimensional Storage Units.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has. Sorry for the stupid amount of pictures.

Looks kind of like a containment center for the zombie apocalypse with all that white around.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me what you think.

Outside:

Entrance:
f4iNh8w.jpg

CIrdAb5.jpg

Nuclear and Thermal Gen:
TWWonAD.jpg

3QVASQn.jpg

zJmHTZT.jpg

vXkwHhQ.png
9texHYH.png

Rest of Main floor:
ggkU2kc.jpg

YdTb0dW.jpg

H95JnA6.jpg

bzpudIt.jpg

Basement:
ZE0qUp1.jpg

21ReYIf.jpg

29Jv4uH.jpg

Top Floor:
SqgptM1.jpg

mUNOoJM.jpg

fayk9RW.jpg

c9YIGGG.jpg

I deffinetly like the steril feel of it gives kind of a mad genetics experimentation lab

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Just this lady. I really love the sterile look especially it just looks so nice I could just :'D

In that case, you should know that I based the design off of my real life bedroom:cool:.

(except not at all)

I really wish redpower lights output more light, so I wouldn't have to use the wrath lamps.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Scum

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me what you think.

I love every single part of it. I have 2 questions though:

What is it made of? (the white stuff)
Are the blue monitors Nuclear Control monitors? And did you retexture them yourself? They look awesome.
EDIT (facepalm, colour upgrades for the monitors.)

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
????????

haha bad joke I suppose.

I love every single part of it. I have 2 questions though:

What is it made of? (the white stuff)
Are the blue monitors Nuclear Control monitors? And did you retexture them yourself? They look awesome.
EDIT (facepalm, colour upgrades for the monitors.)

Thank you. It's all construction foam from IC2. Most of it placed using the sprayer/CF pellet backpack, then died using bonemeal on a painter. I don't see many people using it, and while it can be a pain to use at times, in my opinion it gives the cleanest, simplest look. As for texture pack pretty sure I'm just using the Faithful texture pack found on these forums.

Construction foam can hide IC2 cables as well, which I'm contemplating doing for ALL my cables, except the different voltages probably would become more of a pain to manage. I was considering hiding them all, and painting the CF to match the embedded cables accordingly, but didn't think I would like the appearance of colored blocks in my "steril" base.

Yea and the colored monitors are from Nuclear Control.

Reactions: ApSciLiara