Launcher v2 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
1.6 mods have been available at Tekkit for 14 days now, it just requires that you change setting in the launcher to use beta, so if FTB don't want a lot of people to go there, they need to get something out soon. 1.7 is around the corner and a lot of the mods are already done for 1.6.4, and people are not that loyal to a brand if they can get their needs fulfilled somewhere else.
Wow i am.... NOT impressed. Has Tekkit died because of the first FTB Launcher release? I don't think so, they are still alive and provide a service to their users. Some might move to Tekkit, so be it. We will survive and carry on anyways and won't shed a tear about some users switching to other systems. And those mods are as you said only available as beta.
Even MultiMC 5 hasn't released a beta version (just unstable alphas). Now you expect us to work day and night on just FTB and nothing else or what?
And 1.7 isn't around the corner. Is has been said that MCP and Forge might need 4-8 weeks till they have a stable base for modders to start. Of course some will work with broken APIs but most not. And the core mods in our packs take roughly 1 month after a stable Forge is available till they have an update for the new MC version.
1.6.4 will probably stay alive a long time in the modding community like 1.2.5 did.

djkevino

Jul 29, 2019
Wow i am.... NOT impressed. Has Tekkit died because of the first FTB Launcher release? I don't think so, they are still alive and provide a service to their users. Some might move to Tekkit, so be it. We will survive and carry on anyways and won't shed a tear about some users switching to other systems. And those mods are as you said only available as beta.
Even MultiMC 5 hasn't released a beta version (just unstable alphas). Now you expect us to work day and night on just FTB and nothing else or what?
And 1.7 isn't around the corner. Is has been said that MCP and Forge might need 4-8 weeks till they have a stable base for modders to start. Of course some will work with broken APIs but most not. And the core mods in our packs take roughly 1 month after a stable Forge is available till they have an update for the new MC version.
1.6.4 will probably stay alive a long time in the modding community like 1.2.5 did.

Multi MC has a pretty stable Alpha version if you know where to look. but 164 wont be the next log live release i think more like 1.2.3. Will be used but 1.7 is right around the corner but it won't have too many things for modders to change as far as i heard.

stlprice

Jul 29, 2019
1.6 mods have been available at Tekkit for 14 days now, it just requires that you change setting in the launcher to use beta, so if FTB don't want a lot of people to go there, they need to get something out soon. 1.7 is around the corner and a lot of the mods are already done for 1.6.4, and people are not that loyal to a brand if they can get their needs fulfilled somewhere else.

I'd have to agree that while the ftb team is working hard to get us to 1.6 it is not an easy task. I also believe they are doing this as a favor to the community and accept donations and volunteer help... They are not to blame should impatient gamers choose to switch. They as well as us, as well as modders, want everyone to have an overall great experience playing the mods and game with others. I would relax grab some tea and play what you have or make your own custom pack and see how it goes if you can't wait.

TL;DR There's no reason to mention this as they are well aware of what the community wants. Just be patient and hang in there. I too want a polished product....not a beta with bugs. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Multi MC has a pretty stable Alpha version if you know where to look. but 164 wont be the next log live release i think more like 1.2.3. Will be used but 1.7 is right around the corner but it won't have too many things for modders to change as far as i heard.
MC 1.7 has OVER 200k lines of code changed(see here) without including the new terrain generation. Do you really think the modders and the MCP team consider that as "nothing has changed too much"? I'd be surprised if we get MC 1.7 before or around Minecon.
Yes i know that there are more stable versions of MMC5 BUT those are not easily to come by if you don't know where to look. The easiest to find is the one on the thread and that one is already a fair bit outdated. So i do not consider it stable for the public.

MasterJ

Jul 29, 2019
and everyone will say thank you when the launcher is updated it's long? no problem we can like i said already play with most of mods on beta stage with bugs with trouble or not .
the best is to simply wait because more long it's take to release a stable version of modpack or laucnher more good is the result always.

for me i always say thank you for each update each beta testing, on the way i can learn now how a modpack can be hard to done i have try to made one and because i know nothing i use a mod to fix ID problem.
It's not an easy work for have all stable and just for that i say thank you so much to the FTB team for be here and work for us

MJ

Terrence

Jul 29, 2019
Why do all these discussions always turn into debates? Keep your negative opinions to yourself, wait patiently and say thanks. The FTB team is doing us all a favor by releasing the content they release.

By the way, Tekkit Allows users to post there own modpacks, without requiring permission from the mod author.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I haven't posted about it until now, but Slowpoke's been on Direwolf's Forgecraft 3 videos the last couple of days. He has said (on the voice channel, Sunday I think) that the new launcher is further ahead than he expected and is nearing the pre-alpha stage.

I hope I haven't let the cat out of the bag (How'd he get in there, anyway?) by posting but it's there in the videos. He even visited Dire's base so now I have a voice and an Avatar to put with the alias :D

WolfLeader116

Jul 29, 2019

According to the minecraft launcher, minecraft 1.7 is just about to be released as a version. The 1.7 snapshot is now out with a name instead of 13w43a for example. 1.6.4 will NOT be staying alive very long because 1.7 is almost out and many mods have already updated. Some mods aren't updated because the developer wants to wait to update it for 1.7 or they are busy.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
According to the minecraft launcher, minecraft 1.7 is just about to be released as a version. The 1.7 snapshot is now out with a name instead of 13w43a for example.

At that was not the case at the time of Lath's post. At which point, all of his information was current and relevant.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
According to the minecraft launcher, minecraft 1.7 is just about to be released as a version. The 1.7 snapshot is now out with a name instead of 13w43a for example.
And i tried to tell people modded 1.7 isn't around the corner. Guess i should have emphasized that more clearly

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Your looking at:

A minimum of a week for MCP to update after the 1.7 release.

A minimum of a month for forge to update, possibly longer for stability.

X amount of time for mod authors to basically recode a portion of their mod to coincide with a fairly large MC update and huge change in functionality in forge and mcp. (no more MLMP support and making the minecraft source read only.)

Yeah. Modded 1.7 won't be till the beginning of next year me thinks.

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like mojang will update to 1.7 before FTB can even update to 1.6...lol. I bet they make use wait till they get 1.7 working too. Still no news from them in the news area. This company will fail before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.