Launcher v2 Update!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterJ

Jul 29, 2019
in good progress lots mods are now 1.6 ready just need to wait for thaumcraft ars magica and some others i don't have in mind
actually i use already 50 mods on 1.6 it's nearly half a full mod pack i agree but look good progress

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the Resonate Rise pack that has over 130 mods for MC version 1.6.4. So, I really don't understand why FTB has not moved and created some 1.6 packs.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the Resonate Rise pack that has over 130 mods for MC version 1.6.4. So, I really don't understand why FTB has not moved and created some 1.6 packs.

Without IC2 (Dev builds do not count) and Thermal expansion? And Thamcraft has just bin released.
Give it time. They have started work on 1.6 packs but just started. Like within this week started. So it'll take a while.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Without IC2 (Dev builds do not count) and Thermal expansion? And Thamcraft has just bin released.
Give it time. They have started work on 1.6 packs but just started. Like within this week started. So it'll take a while.

IC2 dev builds are the only build available so they should count and the pack I'm playing uses those builds. Waiting on Thermal Expansion like RP2 is a mistake. I'm not trying to put that team down just think waiting is a mistake. Thaumcraft, is pretty stable for what it is and it can regen it's ores when added. Ars Magica 2 has 4 items left on Mythian's todo list and it'll be released and I suspect a great candidate for Magic World 2.

I'm simply stating that waiting like they did with RP2 in the 1.5 days is a mistake.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

The current launcher cannot launch 1.6.x.
The new launcher isn't does yet.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
The current launcher cannot launch 1.6.x.
The new launcher isn't does yet.

I know Ash and I know my post appears to state they are waiting for other mods which is not entirely true. I'm not taking shots at the team. I fully support them and love the work they do. If it wasn't for FTB I wouldn't know anything about custom launchers and the like. FTb has provided a ton of entertainment.

However, they REALLY need to get a beta of that launcher out sooner than later. FTB has plenty of fans that want to see it do well. I count myself as one of them. There are enough people in this community that'll provide great feedback and will do so with no compensation or want for it either. Yes you'll get crap reports but it won't take long for the team to figure out who will give good feedback and who spews crap. Remove the crap spewers and you'll get the beta testers you need. Or open a thread asking for testers and have them provide a sample bug report. Evaluate and build the team that way.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I know Ash and I know my post appears to state they are waiting for other mods which is not entirely true. I'm not taking shots at the team. I fully support them and love the work they do. If it wasn't for FTB I wouldn't know anything about custom launchers and the like. FTb has provided a ton of entertainment.

However, they REALLY need to get a beta of that launcher out sooner than later. FTB has plenty of fans that want to see it do well. I count myself as one of them. There are enough people in this community that'll provide great feedback and will do so with no compensation or want for it either. Yes you'll get crap reports but it won't take long for the team to figure out who will give good feedback and who spews crap. Remove the crap spewers and you'll get the beta testers you need. Or open a thread asking for testers and have them provide a sample bug report. Evaluate and build the team that way.

Why put out a beta launcher when the official launcher is near completion?

Sadly, it's not nearly as easy as you make it sound.

Reactions: Nostradunwhich

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 dev builds are the only build available so they should count and the pack I'm playing uses those builds. Waiting on Thermal Expansion like RP2 is a mistake. I'm not trying to put that team down just think waiting is a mistake. Thaumcraft, is pretty stable for what it is and it can regen it's ores when added. Ars Magica 2 has 4 items left on Mythian's todo list and it'll be released and I suspect a great candidate for Magic World 2.

I'm simply stating that waiting like they did with RP2 in the 1.5 days is a mistake.

Dev builds are DEV BUILDS. They aren't released builds for a reason.
TE was supposed to have skipped 1.6 in it's entirety but KingLemming made a bet donate X amount of money to a charity he was supporting and he would do a 1.6 update. They did and I don't think he's going to back on that.
Ars magica had 7 items on it's to do list... for 3 months... or more. That number has no fixed time to it. They could represent simple things. That can be completed quickly or things that'll take a very long time.
Thamcraft is stable? According to you. You don't count. The only people who count are the official FTB testers. Who aren't you. And it'll take how ever long it takes them to thoroughly test the mod, not to mention every other mod that's to be included, and any pack they decide to make out. I'd say go complain to them but there identities are secret specifically so that you can not do something like that.

Reactions: Nostradunwhich

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Near completion = what in time? we are quite a few there wanna play witn 1,6 and thaumcraft 4.

How long. Good question. You tell me. How many mods do you want in a pack? The more you want the more bugs there will be.
How many bugs per mod is that? How many bugs are there do to mod interactions? Oh and don't forget overlapping block IDs. How long will it take to make sure that one or more mods won't crash or kill a game, world, or computer. And are there any imbalances that a mod author might want to change?
Fixing all these bugs will take time. How much? Go program something anything. Then come back and tell me.
When will Thermal expansion and IC2 get released? Or Omnitools. Or Xycraft. Or redpower. Should we wait or should we skip them?
I hope you know because I do not.
I do know, as I stated, that they are working on a pack. They have it assembled and are testing it. But I also personally have experienced one world killing crash bug with one of the mods that will have to be fixed. And that if any of those missing mods get released it's back to testing square one. In the mean time there are packs you can use. They are DANGEROUS, UNSTABLE, and might KILL YOUR COMPUTER but they work. And they are called the assimilable them yourself packs.

There is another launcher that hosts packs (no not tekkit). But I don't know near enough about it to recommend it to anybody. Plus this is the FTB forums I shouldn't mention it here. But if you search around the net enough you should be able to find it.

o0Karvanaama0o

Jul 29, 2019
Near completion = what in time? we are quite a few there wanna play witn 1,6 and thaumcraft 4.

how to up date????

What is wrong with you people?, why does it have to be out TODAY? its because of your kind of people that we get unfinished packs loaded with bugs and other kind of crap that does not work. If you want to play certain packs with certain mods, go and compile a pack yourself, cant do that, well then you just have to wait for the devs to finish up with the testing, fixing bugs, etc. I personally want to wait for a polished and finished product that i can really enjoy, it would be wise for you people to do so too

Sn3akr

Jul 29, 2019
What is wrong with you people?, why does it have to be out TODAY? its because of your kind of people that we get unfinished packs loaded with bugs and other kind of crap that does not work. If you want to play certain packs with certain mods, go and compile a pack yourself, cant do that, well then you just have to wait for the devs to finish up with the testing, fixing bugs, etc. I personally want to wait for a polished and finished product that i can really enjoy, it would be wise for you people to do so too

1.6 mods have been available at Tekkit for 14 days now, it just requires that you change setting in the launcher to use beta, so if FTB don't want a lot of people to go there, they need to get something out soon. 1.7 is around the corner and a lot of the mods are already done for 1.6.4, and people are not that loyal to a brand if they can get their needs fulfilled somewhere else.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
1.6 mods have been available at Tekkit for 14 days now, it just requires that you change setting in the launcher to use beta, so if FTB don't want a lot of people to go there, they need to get something out soon. 1.7 is around the corner and a lot of the mods are already done for 1.6.4, and people are not that loyal to a brand if they can get their needs fulfilled somewhere else.

Good to know, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.