JamPacked II

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, read it. Didn't really know if it applied to my question. I can see how it does though. That and I posted before reading the entire thread. Which reading it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.

Mostly just wanted to put my thoughts down. Thanks for the reply.

MinecraftingDAD

Jul 29, 2019
Our pack (Run Dig Hide) was designed for this competition. Consider the challenge accepted. We are working on adding HQM , and tons of custom surprises that will hopefully be perfect for this.

skunkdonkey

Jul 29, 2019
I have my idea ready :)

This is gonna be EPIC!

GL To Everyone And Have Fun Making Your Pack!!!

Last edited:

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
Our pack (Run Dig Hide) was designed for this competition. Consider the challenge accepted. We are working on adding HQM , and tons of custom surprises that will hopefully be perfect for this.
You would have to make a new pack... Old packs are not allowed to participate in this

MinecraftingDAD

Jul 29, 2019
Just make a prize eligible category (1st , 2nd, 3rd) and a competition (1st , 2nd, 3rd). That way its clear who gets what.

MinecraftingDAD

Jul 29, 2019
New Pack in the works, similar to RDH, but different mods. We basically made a post apocolyptic modpack with RDH, its technically still in Beta so not quite sure how that works. Will read into it more tonight.

Feed the beast 122

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I think a good prize idea is maybe for that pack to go onto the FTB launcher for 1st and maybe for 2nd and 3rd for their pack to be private packs? (Some people might not like this I know but just a suggestion if you guys haven't figured out prizes yet. If so then ignore everything in this post.

skunkdonkey

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I think a good prize idea is maybe for that pack to go onto the FTB launcher for 1st and maybe for 2nd and 3rd for their pack to be private packs? (Some people might not like this I know but just a suggestion if you guys haven't figured out prizes yet. If so then ignore everything in this post.
1st allready goes under Third Party Packs on the launcher.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Yep, read it. Didn't really know if it applied to my question. I can see how it does though. That and I posted before reading the entire thread. Which reading it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.

Mostly just wanted to put my thoughts down. Thanks for the reply.
Sorry if that came off a bit short, was intending to answer your question with the same answer as the previous one. We're still working out all the stuff to do with prizes.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if that came off a bit short, was intending to answer your question with the same answer as the previous one. We're still working out all the stuff to do with prizes.
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the reply. It didn't sound short to me at all. I just wished to clarify a little why I didn't edit my post. Your post actually was a proper answer.

The judging might be the hardest part. I am sure you all know what you are doing though.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Wow, so far I'm finding this category really difficult to come up with something unique at this point. It's almost like you need to basically do the same as every other mod pack :/ IDK just think this is difficult to be unique with...

Constricting the requirements to a fairly populated genre should result in a more creative field of participants.

It also makes the judging a lot easier than last time... If properly done, I imagine a lot of entries will be easily droppable as being too much like existing pack "X" or "Y".

The two possible solutions? Either:

1) Don't participate and stop complaining
-OR-
2) Be creative and wow the judges out of their socks.

Reactions: Padfoote

MinecraftingDAD

Jul 29, 2019
Regardless of the prize, i am happy to see this competition. Just for new packs that typically come out of it and the ingenuity typically shown by the competitors. Good luck, and may the best pack win. Hopefully some of us can work together in the future.