Is there a way to make...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
a Retractable Bridge, or even a true Drawbridge? I would like to have it span a Quicksand Moat that I use to catch mobs.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well if your playing a 1.4.7 pack its easy using Red Power frames to do a retractable bridge but without it I'm not sure any other mod allows you to do something remotely like that.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Sticky pistons would work, may not have the effect you want but a 2 wide bridge retracting into the sides would be fairly easy to do.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Builder from twilight forest. It's not perfect as it takes a bit to build the bridge and follows your eyes, but it... is a bridge.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Builder from twilight forest. It's not perfect as it takes a bit to build the bridge and follows your eyes, but it... is a bridge.

Does this work on the present Ultimate Pack version? Currently, the Wiki says the 3.4.2 version if buggy and that this item comes from Buildcraft.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
I'd probably use mffs myself but that will instantly *poof* the bridge into existence. With redpower frames it's pretty easy, a frame door on its side, just need space under the floor for it to retract into.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Does this work on the present Ultimate Pack version? Currently, the Wiki says the 3.4.2 version if buggy and that this item comes from Buildcraft.

Which is the "current" ultimate and which version of TF does it have?

In other words, I don't know. :D

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think he was referring to the builder machine from Buildcraft, but rather the builder blocks from the Twilight Forest Dark Towers, which, when given a redstone signal will build a series of blocks in the direction of vision.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I don't think he was referring to the builder machine from Buildcraft, but rather the builder blocks from the Twilight Forest Dark Towers, which, when given a redstone signal will build a series of blocks in the direction of vision.

Is there a link to the info for this block? I just keep getting the BC one.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there a problem with the guilder for BC 3.4.3? I built one in my creative world and gave it power, but it's not building what's on the Blueprint.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a problem with the guilder for BC 3.4.3? I built one in my creative world and gave it power, but it's not building what's on the Blueprint.

The builder was buggy and disabled. In current versions of BC it is removed entirely.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I used a template instead of a blueprint. But the builder is not disabled in BC 3.4.3 for the Ultimate Pack. What bugs are there?

EDIT: Doesn't seem to be working at all. Draining power, but doing nothing.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
It basically didn't work. Or when it did work, it wouldn't take the materials properly. It may be added back in later, but since it was entirely removed from the mod, I assume it will not be making a reappearance.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
It basically didn't work. Or when it did work, it wouldn't take the materials properly. It may be added back in later, but since it was entirely removed from the mod, I assume it will not be making a reappearance.

Guess I'm going to have to look for those TF Builder Blocks.