Is there a way to make...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I wanted to have a retractable bridge that would last as long as I needed to cross it. I remember an item from another mod (can't remember it's name) way back in the day that would place blocks according to how you wanted them. When it was turned off, the structure would be put back into storage.[DOUBLEPOST=1372009938][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm surprised noone mentioned turtles

Don't know anything about Turtles and looks too complicated for me.

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
I'm surprised no one mentioned frame motors.
http://ftbwiki.org/Frame_Motor

Basically, you can program the thing to move massive amounts of blocks, all in a uniform direction. You can use this concept to make a retractible bride, or an elevator. Very useful for this kind of thing.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I'm surprised no one mentioned frame motors.
http://ftbwiki.org/Frame_Motor

Basically, you can program the thing to move massive amounts of blocks, all in a uniform direction. You can use this concept to make a retractible bride, or an elevator. Very useful for this kind of thing.

Elevator? Now I'm interested. My base in SSP is a drained Volcano. Want to build my house on top of it and have all the rooms I need do to stuff inside the Volcano.[DOUBLEPOST=1372010780][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could use arcane levitators

Almost every other post mentioned frames.

Damn, I have to quickly learn Thaumcraft.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
unfortunatly no you have to go with redpower energy but its realively cheap to make solars and blue electric wires or you could go with thermopiles.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Have a battery box connected with blue alloy wire to a frame motor and it's not lit up to indicate it's powered.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
maby a few decent pictures also might help us I for one have a difficult time giving direction without a visual aid.