Is OP too OP?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's in the old version greg the logs cuz they apparently attracted too many flying pigs making easy farming of porkchops

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
What does Subscriber Trunk Dialing have to do with anything? ;)
I quite like the default upside down. I laugh everytime.
Maybe I'll keep the upside down theme then.

Claudia's goggles are pretty awesome, btw.
[edit] Now I can't help turn my head sideways. o_O

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Butheresnothingbetweenthecharactersiftheresnospaces. Weneedspacestoseesomethingtoreadin.

Hah, it took me 5 seconds to read the first three words, and I just breezed through the other ones. Maybe I'll take a document I wrote, do Ctrl+F, and replace the spaces in the document with NOTHING :D

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, it took me 5 seconds to read the first three words, and I just breezed through the other ones. Maybe I'll take a document I wrote, do Ctrl+F, and replace the spaces in the document with NOTHING :D

I set up a mode for my system that disables the space bar with a key command (Windows Key + Space + right Alt key) for just such a situation.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So I just discovered that there's such as thing as "Overpowered Nerf guns". That's right, Nerf is OP! NERF NERF!

You should see the pneumatics some of the coworkers at the office have rigged up. One had a modified nerf sniper rifle that could shot clear across the call center.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
You should see the pneumatics some of the coworkers at the office have rigged up. One had a modified nerf sniper rifle that could shot clear across the call center.
I have a life size inflatable Portal Turret guarding the office I work in.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I set up a mode for my system that disables the space bar with a key command (Windows Key + Space + right Alt key) for just such a situation.
"Be like Greg" Mode: ON
Aww show some images or a video or something!
*sees call center: one guy on a phone in a cubicle*

Reactions: Guswut

ximan11

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing is overpowered until someone says it is...

Following that, it is only nerfed if people advertise how "overpowered" it is.

With that, if you feel you have a good set up, don't share it because then everybody will use it. This results in something being nerfed, simply because a lot of people using something that they were able to do with all these amazing mods together is "too easy."

Using that recipe for disaster, soon it will be overpowered to even think of using biomass/fuel as a power source.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
And this leads to lack of communication and lack of idea sharing in the forums (which is the whole point of the forums).
How it goes now:
Using xxxx for power is really useful. I can get yyy in zz seconds, and yy in zzz seconds!
Oh, you like to use xxxx for power? What if you add xx and xxx to xxxx, and you can then triple your output! You only need xxxxx to get started.

Your way:
I like to use Generators.
Me too.
Yeah, don't try anything new, COMMUNISM.

ximan11

Jul 29, 2019
No, more like:

Oh, you use a blaze soul shard to power your base? Well, I use four, because I used it in conjunction with a MineFactory Reloaded Auto-Spawner to get more souls. (Using different mods together to get more out of your gameplay)

WAAAH WAAAH OP!!!!!!

etc. etc.

Reactions: Katrinya

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Aww show some images or a video or something!
*sees call center: one guy on a phone in a cubicle*

Some issues with that. I work from home these days so im only in the office once a month now. And they banned nerf guns about a year ago after someone almost lost an eye.

But just goggle up "pneumatic nerf modified" or the such there is a ton of images, videos, and how tos around.

Reactions: jumpfight5